Tuesday Morning but no sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Morning but no sunshine

Ain't no Sunshine When she's gone (summer) a blustery day out there, one a Tigger could love...ain't no honey around here.

Hubby had to head to the office today, his first sell is coming up....yeah, but I can say one thing, I do not like the phonecalls all the time, didn't like it when he worked at Marathon, like it even less now...I am going to have to find something to occupy my time for sure, so much for retirement... will just go ahead and be a single woman, LOL

Planning a trip to see my grandgirls soon and when I get back my cardiologist and I will have 'a' conversation about what comes next because I am starting to get all the things happening that happened when I was in AFib before, short of breath, swelling of feet and hands, a full feeling all the time, nagging headache and the uncomfortable feeling in the center of my chest...hate to be a whiner but I liked feeling good, LOL... I worry because of the severe heart disease in my family, my Father died at 61 from heart disease, almost all of his brothers and one sister have had bypass surgeries, and I have lost 3 sousins that never made it to 50 from heart disease, and two other cousins that have had bypass surgery before 50. So yes, I am concerned...

Now as far as the pulmonary Dr. all those test that he thought were needed because he doesn't believe I know my own body, well they all came back NEGATIVE!! About time to find a new one, he is getting up there in years and I am just not feeling comfortable with him.

Now on to my day, I shall read, sew, watch tv and plan something for supper...

Have a great day one and all, I am just such a negative nelly this morning, "the sun will come out tomorrow" .

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Halloween morning! No chance of sun at this hour, but it will be out soon enough. wish I could share it with you and you all could share a little of the rain I keep reading about.

Kids will come in party mode today. Some in costume but I think it will not be the costume they are wearing tonight. I have party bags ready for the daycare as well as the neighborhood kids. Then just handing out what is left. I probably bought too much, but I can donate it to the church. Christmas is coming and it can all go in goodie bags that are given out.

I bought pizza for today's lunch. And for our dinner I am picking up salads from our favorite pizza place. REally good antipasta type salad. Just a reward for getting through the day with preschoolers.

Sharon, I am hoping that all the medical issues will be takencare of since you are being so proactive.

Have a good day: all treats and no tricks!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Our kids went door to door over the weekend so I sent all the leftovers home with Andrew last night so that temptation is gone! I remember when my boys were young and after the Christmas program at church (my boys went to Lutheran school) they were handed bags full of fruit and candy. That was just something I hadn't thought about in years and was surprised they still did it when you mentioned it. Glad to see not everything has changed!

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie I think most churches regardless of denomination do the candy and fruit at Christmas.

The sun is out here this morning so maybe it will melt the frost that is all over everything! Supposedly it was the coldest night so far this season...I would not know because I found the cord to my mattress and had snugly warm feet while I watched the Blues win another game!! Last night Andrew told his dad to build a fire and he toasted marshmellows. Oh my they were so good! He toasts and I eat and we are a perfect fit.

Today I would like to run home and go to the bank. Need to order a couple of gift cards but think most of everything else I can do in the malls. I need to get a requested pot of chili on to cook and will make corn bread for supper. Super easy. Good thing because there is another pile of laundry. You know summer laundry is a lot easier. Everyone now is wearing jeans and sweatshirts and it makes for more loads and more trips up and down the stairs for me. Just another reason winter sucks!

Jon is off Thursday and the temps are suppose to be in the 70s so hoping to get the touch up painting completed. I have pretty much wrote off staining the deck but it does look nice from the street. Who would have thought it would have taken so many months when we had the concrete poured in June? Well, guess I go get my shower and start the day. Andrew had no homework last night and Sierra was home to help so tonight we will be bombarded with no help.

Heart disease is nothing to put off...if you think something is wrong then keep after your doctor or find one who will take you serious. Why don't doctors understand we do know how our own body works and we know when something is off?

Since I have running I do need to get moving. Hope you all get some sun soon.

Comment

Good Morning, cold here. Hope it warms up some for the trick or treaters, not sure if they are bringing Miki by here or not, depends on what mood her mom's in.

I know there will be some disappointed kids around the Grace house tonight. I understand the reason, and I know that their house is one kids will talk about for years. My kids are now closer to 40 and they still stroll down Halloween memory lane.

Everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

Good morning. Happy Halloween! 🎃
        I woke later than usual this morning, but I was awake during the night for a while.

Yes, Darla, we won’t be home tonight. We’’ll be away before even the early-comers get started. Spending the night at a hotel close to the hospital, where E is scheduled for an early surgery. We won’t know til afterwards if he will be required to stay there overnight or not.

We had no rain yesterday, but the sky was overcast. Today is sunny, and the temps are in the very low 80’s today.

Have a super-duper day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck to you and your E on his surgery. Tomorrow will be a long day for you...hope you will not be alone. Keep us posted..

Afternoon all!!!! It started out beautiful this morning, but the clouds are back. I'm REALLY tired of clouds & rain.

Yesterday was SUPER productive and you know how I LOVE productivity. Had a rough start with Blaise missing the bus & me having to take him to school. They change his pick up time, but the driver didn't change his route time, so Blaise & a bunch of other kids missed the bus. None of us were happy. Good thing I called, because they told me in the letter that his drop off time would be about 15 minutes later too, but it's not. The letter said pick up this morning should be about 15 minutes later, but is't more like 10 minutes, so good thing we were out there early today. Just have to figure out the new normal.

Once I got back, man Sue & I hustled. Ran out of baking pwd, so had her mix up other cookies that didn't require it, and we got those all baked off. Just the sugar cookies needed to chill overnight. After she left, I went to Aldis to pick up supplies....forgot the cream cheese...dang! My "homework" for the evening was putting the finishing touches on the baked cookies from the afternoon, pay bills, and mix up the 2 kinds of dough that required the baking pwd. Mission accomplished!

Got Blaise off to school with his costume in a bag in his bookbag. Later in the afternoon they will dress up, have a mini-parade, and then they're classroom parties. He'll come home, I'll dress him warmer, and then take him to Kathy's for her to take him out T&T. Debating if Cork & I will go out for dinner or not. We don't have any T&T here in the country. No kids.

In the meantime, Sue & I baked off all the LL. We tried them with the convection oven setting, and it worked perfect! Convection didn't work for my Gingersnaps the other day. Baked a replacement batch of those after I got the LL done.

Becca has been texting me with real estate listings. She's thinking about buying. She can't afford much, but the rentals are WAY more than a home payment would be. We'll see. That's how my Saturday may be spent.

Have a good one all! Sharon....I think a trip to the grandkids maybe could wait until you get your heart situation taken care of.....just sayin' JMHO

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          That is great for Becca to start home ownership! Smart girl!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Andrew's bus route changed this fall and he is getting off the bus a good 30 minutes later than last spring. His mother gets him on in the morning so do not know what time he leaves home or if that even changed. I am not sure the reasoning for changing routes or times but it is aggravating!
      Working...
      X