Monday 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 30th

Good morning definately feeling like a Monday!! Work this morning...some grocery shopping...and also working on a fundraiser some this afternoon.

Yesterday was an ok day. The fall festival at church was pretty good and fun...the chili that I ate from the 20 enteries in the chili cook off was not very good at all.

Rainy morning here...my feet are barely touching the floor as I head out for an early morning scan on my thyroid. Be back later...whoever heard of a retired person leaving the house in the dark! We only do that when leaving on vacation!!

Comment

Good Morning to all...

No big plans here today, maybe a few loads of laundry and decide what to fix for supper...

The Nascar race was a disappointment yesterday, Ohio State Buckeyes were so good on Saturday, had me worried for a long time..

Maxie I am not liking the darkness either...today is just plain dreary out...

I might just sit here at the computer and do some shopping....I need to get my laptop out and start putting things in I want in it, Windows 10 just throws me off..

Well time to get this day started...have a good one all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good Morning! I like Monday because my day starts a little later and the weekly paying parent brings money...what can I say?

I got the front of the house really started on the curb appeal. all flowers are planted! That showed me I need more flowers, though. I painted one big clay pot black, but I don't have anything to l plant in it, so that will be what I look for this evening. I might get some ornamental cabbage and then some ivy to trail over the side.

My laundry is almost finished and the kitchen is cleaned and ready to get messy again. Bottles are the bane of my existence right now. Besides all the trendy wedding things they do now, the new parents are into very trendy bottles. Dr. Brown, for example. It has 5 components to it and all are ka bit hard to keep clean. Different kind of bottle brush and needed (2) and I remembered the last baby I had, I said No More babies...but then this former daycare parent called and we all know I can't say no to a good parent...

donna's cookies were so well received! I am ordering some of those little circle cookies she was talking about yesterday along with more Ladylocks for a Christmas party. There are some things I know I can do and there are some things I know that I should leave to the experts! Donna's pastry is one of them!

I hope the sun comes out for you guys in the dark. And for the first time I was so mixed up on the time change, I was trying to think would it be lighter or darker in the morning when we change back...I just know I get an extra hour to get ready for church! Not to sleep in: the dogs do not use a clock!

Hope you all are having a good day and your family and friends are all on the mend!

Comment

Good morning.
          A chance of rain today. The sun isn’t quite up yet, but the skies look pretty clear to me. Maybe it’ll happen a bit later today. Maybe not. It’s chilly in the house today. It will get to only the mid-80’s today, and drop a bit each day.

Middle DD goes to court today to finalize her divorce. The X-2-B has been complicating the situation for some time. I guess as long as this doesn’t happen he doesn’t have to make a commitment to the woman he’s been living with for 2 years. (He’s a slick one. Totally untrustable.). But her attorney says not to worry about it. I do hope it goes totally her way. Her “demands” are not at all unreasonable, and cover her basic needs. He’s been “on the road” for about 7 years now, barely helping out.

Yesterday we went to see “Goodbye Christopher Robbin”. Great movie. (Perhaps not for children.) About the effects war, fame, and the people. And Winnie the Pooh, of course.

Halloween being tomorrow, we won’t be home, and will stay at a hotel near the hospital. Early the next day is E’s surgery.

Breakfast time for me.
          Hope you all have a good day. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

Heading out the door for John's Monday blood test and booster shots. Will have to do a little Halloween shopping. We are having one goblin. She's 5 and doesn't care for candy. What to get?

Well, have a good day, Everyone.

Clear, bright but cool here.

Comment

Back home and it is still rainy, cold and not all that bright. Have a meatloaf from the freezer for supper tonight and a hockey game tonight. I am going to take off my goin' out clothes and put on my sweatpants. This moisture just makes it feel colder. Sierra told me to bring her lunch and i did and she is at school. Wonder if she is planning on getting out early? Whatever, it will be cold by the time she gets here.

Heard on the radio this morning they wanted people who were already decorated for Christmas to call in...I have stated shopping and today in between scans I went out and bought my wrapping paper but that was more of a time killer than anything. I understand people wanting to decorate the outside while the temps are still warm but this is even early for me!

Nothing going on around here but trying to keep my feet warm. I know I say this a lot but this is the FIRST time you will hear it from me this season....Winter Sucks!!!!!

Comment

Good evening .

Maxie!!!!!!! a companion of "hate Winter".... I know via the Bible we have to have the seasons .. a time to sow and a time to reap.. a time to be awake and a time to sleep.. the plants need a rest too.. BUT... I don't gotta LIKE it.

shopping at Walmart. Lunch at Kings.. little more at another groc store.. and suddenly wanted to go home.. Library can be tomorrow!.

tonight is DWTSs. sometimes good. sometimes boring ..

be back tomorrow..

HI to you all.. hope your all Well..

Comment

I don't like to be cold (and temps are going downwards now). Winter has it's good points......picturesque scenery is one. I once saw a tree in a median near a turnpike that, at the point of sunrise, had the illusion that it was made of crystal. I miss icicles. I like soft, warm sweaters and snugly warm pants. But I will also be telling myself that "this is still warmer than Siberia!"
                  Last edited by JoGee; 10-30-2017, 10:55 PM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X