Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Oct 26th.....right?

Good DREARY Morning! I NEED SUNSHINE!

Thought I better check in before my day goes crazy...again. The last 2 days have been spent baking, baking, and more baking of cookies. We haven't baked that many kinds, but have baked off kinds that we made huge amounts of dough. My goal is to bake 2 kinds a dough a day at least.

Yesterday I finally got some of my energy back though it disappeared as the day went on. At least I didn't have the brain fog of the day before. Yes, I've been going to bed earlier.

After baking all morning yesterday, I took the pie slices & ladylocks that I packaged up over to the school for their bake sale that was held during Open House. Then I ran into town to ship a box of ladylocks to Paula and deliver a cookie tray to the doctor's office. I cooked a decent dinner and then we went to the open house. Finally got to meet both of Blaise's teachers.

This morning is Bible Study. I may mixed up a couple kinds of dough before leaving. Plan on baking off the gingerbread men this afternoon. Tonight is another Open House but for the other 2 grades in the school, so I'm going to help at the Bake Sale table for a couple hours. I'll volunteer to help, but I don't want to organize anymore, though it's tempting. Their Christmas Shop drives me crazy. This year I'm only giving Blaise $5, and then the rest of his shopping we'll do at the Dollar Tree. The school's shop was ridiculously priced high for kids. The kids come with these long lists and $15. They MAY get 2 gifts with that. DUMB!!!

Time to get lil man up and moving. Have a great day!

Good morning...I am still undercover. The house is a bit cold..but I don't want to turn my Heaton yet. I prefer to keep it cool.

Yesterday for work and a party last night I was a one eyed one horned flying purple eater. Today I will be pumpkin pie. I will wear Jack I lantern shirt and paint 3.14 on my face. ☺ Monday or Tuesday I will be a stuffed animal.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      You look Adorable!!!

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Bethina, your store really looks very organized to be a second hand store. Now I know why you are tired when you get off.

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to 'see' you Beth...looks like fun, like your costume...

Good Morning and a chilly 33 degrees out this morning....had my coffee, shower, hair blown dry and dressed, now ready to hit the road to MI for my appt. with gastro Dr. the other gastro Dr. here finally called yesterday with an appt. for my infusion AFTER I called again and said I'm sure my Dr. in MI would like to know when my next one is, LOL....well folk my heart is out of rhythm again, it is causing me to be short of breath and swelling in feet, legs and hands, will watch it for a bit and if it gets worse the cardiologist said we will have to take a 'more aggressive' approach! Not sure what that means but for most folks I believe it is a pacemaker...I started doing a good cleaning of my kitchen yesterday which means taking everything out of cabinets and drawers, cleaning them, and also getting rid of outdated things...still have a ways to go, amazing how much dust and such can get in there...

Well hubby is ready now so here we go....have a good day today, make it a good one.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

HI Donna! Hi Sharon! Hi Beth!

Well, pretty nice weather here, I must say, but the yard is full of limbs from the wind the last couple of days. Fence builders were here yesterday and I thought they MIGHT pick up the limbs, but no, so I guess it will be us. Not as easy as it used to be.

Nothing to report. John is feeling 9 out of 10 this morning, which is great. Doc always asks his number, so I do, too.

Trash day - my favorite day. My old wallet fell apart, and I ordered a new one. This morning on my hunt for trash, I found 2 new ones I had forgotten about. Oh my.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Sounds like Tex is finally getting into recovery mode. Sure hope so.

Hugs ~ ~

Comment

• LisaUK
        LisaUK commented
        Editing a comment
        9 out of 10, that's great!

Good Morning ..Donna is my truly truly blood relative.. I too need Sunshine!! . altho I do appreciate the rain , if it is still 70 degrees. but this cold kind of stuff is yelling ,"Winter is coming "..oh well.... you would think after ALL these years I would be used to it.. soo... on with the day...

I cut the shopping trip out yesterday short one store...... skip going to Walmart (north)... so we will be on the road again soon going to Walmart , south..
      David does like to be on the road.I guess setting in the house with nothing to do is boring... he is reading more. and even goes to Library and borrows a bunch ..I told him.. if the book is boring,,, don't read. .toss it back in the tote bag and you can hunt for more on next trip.. we will be stopping at LIbrary sometime today too..

BEthina, cute outfit.. a lot of original ideas in you head!..

Sharon,, I will wait until the time for "company" to arrive and then give the kitchen cupboards and drawers their good cleaning..so my company will think I am a great housekeeper ..

I will be back reading so ...Hi to all. hope you are well.. want to hear from Lisa, JoG.. Judy, Nalani, and all the rest of you!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Does David help you shop or wander off to fill his own cart? Go out and enjoy this fall because ole man winter is coming in fast and then we are all waiting for the snow plows so we can get out....ewwwwww!

Good morning! 10 minutes before my early child gets here.
      He was ok yesterday and his mom brought me a box of Sees candy! After all the rant I did I felt a little guilty, but took the box and will wait to use it for Thanksgiving...so the plan is!

Today will be another warm day. I had to turn on the a/c again yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day. Good to hear the 9 out of 10 rating for John, Elaine!
      Sharon, you are amazing with lthe drawer cleaning! Take care of yourself and will be watching for the doctor visit reports.
      Beth, I wish I had the imagination to dress up for Halloween!

Donna, You made my day!!!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        There has not been a Sees candy store around here for years! I loved their chocolate suckers...and most everything else in the little shop we had. Funny what a box of candy cures isn't it? No air on here but the furnace is chugging away this morning.

Morning. The rumor is Andrew is not coming tomorrow after school and, since he has a noon dismissal tomorrow, that is a good thing so this makes today our Friday. Sooo, should I make it carry out Friday? Can Jon ever eat carry out/fast food again? He is really watching what he eats, for now, and now the dishes in the sink every morning have been replaced with glasses. He is trying to fill up with liquid. He sees the doctor next Thursday and I have my thyroid scan Monday. I like early morning appointments because they run on time but driving an hour for a 7:30 appointment when I do not know where I am going so I have to allow more time....well...that will be a darn early start! And yes, I CAN bitch about anything!

This week was some sort of celebration week at school and the kids had a different theme day every day. Tuesday was cowboy day and you know our little hoosier won the boy division. Since the book fair is set up he got to pick out whatever he wanted and you would have thought he would bring home a spy pen or poster but this kid picked out a book. I know, surprised us too! He was so proud and showed it off to his mom when she picked him up. He did make a crack about owing it all to his cowboy boots since he knows I hate them. He is so good at zingers like that...his new coat is camo because he said 'I knew you hated it'. I do but I give up...he is a country kid and I am a city mouse transported into the boonies and not adapting all that well! We have a new mail carrier and have been getting strangers mail. I have putting it back in the box and Jon ask where is that pile of mail? I was going to walk it around to where it goes. I am like, you know these people AND their last names? wow.....

Cleaned the kitchen also yesterday...washed the rugs and even changed my bed. Dug out my new flannel sleep pants and hunkered down to watch the Blues win. They have been off since Saturday and I missed them.

Guess I have nothing more to say. Your costume is cute Beth. Glad John is feeling better Elaine, that makes you a big perkier too. Contractors do not go out of their way to accommodate anyone anymore...do their job and do not go above or beyond. After your doctor visit enjoy the day with your hubby Sharon. Aren't you glad he is around to do the driving now? Take care of that heart problem!! Cookie when my boys had the Christmas shop at school we PTL members always made items to sell. Each used their special skill...like one year I crocheted a bunch of little stocking ornaments...and then the school bought a bunch of small things. Nothing cost much and somewhere in a box are the coffee mugs that say Mom and Dad on them that were the costly things. Nothing cost much but I do know from these book fair prices that someone is making a profit somewhere and I only hope it is the school. Of course that was a few years ago but I gotta tell you I loved that junk they picked out because it was so special to them to pick it out themselves and place it under the tree. Good memories!

Sunny and warmer today with cold like in freeze warnings for the weekend. I know Jon had hoped to paint the deck since this is his weekend off....that would have kept those trick or treaters away from our door!!!

Comment

Good morning, everyone!
        It’s 7am, and the sun is just peeking over the mountain now. I slept a little later than usual without waking during the night, so I guess I needed it.

Cookie, I think I’m gaining weight just reading about your cookies. They are so yummy!
        Beth, what an imaginative costume! It’s so cute.
        Boffler, I should clean out my kitchen drawers, too. They’ve gotten pretty full of stuff that I don’t hardly use any more. I’ll be watching for your doctor reports, too. Take care.
        Elaine, I’m glad to hear John is feeling so good. The weather is getting aggressively crazy, isn’t it.
        Maye, I’m waiting for the 80’s to be more regular here. It may be starting tomorrow, but we’ll see. I’m tired of the 90’s.
        Paula, See’s candies are so yummy. I wish they’d bring back their hazelnut cream one. Sometimes as we drive by their store, E might say “should we have lunch here, then?” Dream on....but it’s tempting. Ah, well, we’re trying to lose some weight! *sigh*

Hi Nalani!
        Lisa, how’s Tex today? You’re right, great-niece doesn’t deserve more than a card. But the gift-check will be far less than expected.....if she compares it with other family at all.

Well, off to start laundry, have breakfast, and get a few things done here.
        Have a great day! ☀️

Hey Maxie. You posted as I typed! Hey, bitch away....it gives me the illusion that my day is starting better than it is. 😄
        Last edited by JoGee; 10-26-2017, 09:43 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning.

​I'm in the "freezing club" this morning. It is very cold out. What happen to the years that it cooled down gradually. Not this from hot to very cold.

Have had my shower and hair washed. Have to leave for a haircut today.

​Hope everyone stays warm today, and pile on the blankets for the rest of the week. Always turns cold for Halloween.

My mother taught me FORESIGHT.

"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            But Bill Cosby said don't wear the clean underwater, keep them in the glove box. If you're in an accident first you say s*** and then yo do it so the underwater isn't going to be clean

Yes my mother said the same thing and I always have on my good undies for rode trips!
          How many of us subscribe to the same rule?!!! lol....

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Me.. and the message is I need 10 characters to post, so Me was just not enough...

To my mom, those sayings became part of all her superstitions. And she had a lot!!!
          But since stepping on cracks never broke her back, and stepping on ants and spiders didn’t make it rain, etc., I quit listening to those things.
          Undies....those were fresh and clean every day, anyway, so no worry there.

True story: one day she was getting dressed, and I told her that her undies were inside-out. She didn’t say a word, but kept on dressing. Before we left the house I asked her why she didn’t change the way she put on her panties, and she said that would be admitting that “she made a mistake”. That was a letdown. I didn’t bother asking why she didn’t learn from her mistakes, because that would mean I’m “sassy” and she’d be mad at me the rest of the day. Yes, she held grudges like that.

She had so many superstitions that, if she was having a bad day or was bored, you could hardly turn around without committing some kind of no-no. She was serious about them.
          Mom said I was a “perfect daughter” til I turned 12. That was when I knew I needed to reinvent myself and quit feeling guilty for every single imagined thing, and started speaking up for myself (but in a nice way, not being loud or snide about it). She could no longer verbally whip me. (My motto since Junior High school through HS graduation was “the worst they could do was kill me, and then I’d have no more worries.”)
          But in defense of my parents, neither got to finish school. Dad was orphaned in the 8th grade, had to go to work to pay his way, to his sister. Mom got to 10th grade, then had to quit and get a job. Hard times for their families.

Dad had his sayings, but they made very good sense. But no superstitions from him. Like, “A place for everything, and everything in its place.” That kind of stuff. And he accepted the changes in me...I always got the benefit of the doubt, he accepted my asking “why” and give me explanations. Unlike my mom.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X