Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tex update - Tuesday

Just gone 11pmn here, Tuesday night.

Well, it went okay, last night he was very woozy, and the anaesthetic was still in his system. Today, hooboy.
    Saw the surgeon today. In his words, if you were to rate the complicatedness of an op 1-10, Tex's would have been at 20.

I had no idea that an inflamed gall bladder could adhere to EVERYTHING, but it did. Bowel, intestines, liver, duodenum, *everything*.
    They cut out as much of the gall bladder as they could, and cleared out as many stones etc that they could, too. Essentially that had to dissect everything in that area to get it away from everything else.
    Mr Khoo, the consultant, seemed pretty pleased with how it all went, and not too alarmed at the levels of pain. We're alarmed, though, but trying to be sensible.

They need to regulate his pain meds so that he can eat, because it seems that the spasms hit JUST as food gets delivered. Sitting up triggers it too, as does walking. A nurse asked to do a standing blood pressure test and both of us absolutely refused. There was no way he could get to his feet, and if they thought I was going to let them trigger yet another spasm...no way.

He's suffering hellish pain, and though I know it will pass, this is very hard for him, and very hard for me to watch. But watch I will, because that's what we do, right?

stick right there in hospital with him.! you are his protection from any staff person doing something stupid.... BTDT.... Im glad to hear it is now Over , and healing can begin... that was one rotten gallbladder!.. many thoughts coming your way Lisa..

Comment

Oh my.....I am so sorry for you both. I've never heard of a gall bladder getting that bad. Mine was a walk in the park comparatively. (((((Lisa & Tex)))) Why did they wait so long?

Comment

• LisaUK
        LisaUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh it was just such a comedy of errors. He never presented with typical symptoms, just had a vague grumbling tummy. One day he turned bright yellow so it was a dash to the ER, when it finally got diagnosed. Then he had to have stents into the bile duct, as that was full to bursting point, then that stent had to come out, THEN he got infections, and in all of that the consultant's secretary never answered my increasingly worried calls, so she missed out that an appointment for the removal had not been made. I raised a massive stink, 4 pages long letter, and everything got moved up a pace. July 9th this all kicked off!

Glad that the surgery finally happened, sounds like it was really a bad situation, hope they can get his pain under control and he can start to mend...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh, so sorry it got this bad! I agree with Maye that you stay as close as possible to protect poor Tex from any more pain that necessary. Hang in there Tex and Lisa!

Comment

Oh, so sorry, Lisa, for all that Tex is going through. And thankful you are able to be there with him. Many prayers continuing for him.

Comment

Well, the necessary surgery is done. I agree with Janet, spend a lot of time with him in the hospital as he gets over this difficult part. I’ve never heard of such a bad case of gall bladder, either...but it sounds like the doctor is paying close attention to Tex’s needs. You both hang in there! ((((((Lisa & Tex)))))
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X