Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday...Oct. 18

Good morning everyone.

​Today it is off to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana. Will leave here around 8:30, and hopefully get there about 11 or 11:30. By that time, I hope some that are parked near the front will be leaving.

​I intend to get a sign made this year with my name and lot number for the Lake. Will hang it on my deck somewhere. This year we about 3 deaths and new buyers. Also had a couple who lost their membership for not keeping their places up, and new members got those lots.

The decision after my Dr.'s apt, EKG, and blood work, I'll have to have a stress test next week. It's not the test that bothers me, but the fact that I'll have to leave home at 4 A.M. The Cardiologist starts his crap at 5:30, and I think that is enough stress without the treadmill, I.V., X-rays and more dye. Not even saying what laying on that hard-A$$ table for 2 hours is going to do to my back. Oh well....it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Better get my breakfast and then get dressed for a fun day. Everyone have a good one.

I believe . . .
    that our background and circumstances
    may have influenced who we are,
    but we are responsible for who
    we become.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning, was real happy that I when I clicked on the link that it opened...at least yesterday we still had our Facebook page to come together at.

Enjoy your day Jostoy, hope you find that sign you want....that is the thing with most camping sites, people come and people go, real nice that they don't let people stay that don't keep their spots cleaned up....I know what you mean about those test, I detest that stress test, they usually have to medically induce mine and for some ungodly reason for about a half hour I am really weak and sick to my stomach afterwards...but yes, laying on that table is not fun.

Today is INR poke and dentist appts. for me and hubby....trying to get established with a new dentist, one a little more reasonable I hope...hitting the 65 age is really going to change things for me....so I best get prepared because in June its going to happen.

Got a pkg. ready for my grandgirl and sent out yesterday, she has a birthday next week, her 'real' present we will be taking to her in two or three weeks, an American Girl doll bed...we also got a few trips set up for the coming year, Vegas and St. Augustine, FL...nice being able to make plans with my sister and her hubby, being retired has its perks...
    Not much else planned for today, but then again the dentist appt. is enough, LOL...

Have a rip roaring good time today one and all, the leaves are finally starting to change color...most are dropping then turning around here...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I just got a new American Girl catalog! Wish I still had someone to buy for. I may get a baby doll for the daycare...

Good morning yesterday was a really good day...Long but good..I got to see and do stuff with 2 different groups of friends...

Work was ok. Could have been better.

Today is a work day and trip to target. Then church this evening

I hope that the Blues win their next game Maxie...I detest the Black Hawks.

Comment

Good morning! Yay for getting in here! And thanks to whomever fixed it!

My weekend plans have changed slightly, at least I hope it is just slightly. something has come up with Becky's school stuff and she has a meeting that starts at 8:30 am Friday and her scholarship and grants depends on it, so I will be checking into a rental car. And their office hours are not easy on my work schedule...it may be easier and cheaper to pay for a change of flights ...probably what I will do.

Trash has been picked up and as soon as I am done here I will bring in the big can. This week I needed only one so it may be time to change that down.

I have to run and get the daycare opened. I hope you have a great time at the festival, jostoy! It sounds wonderful, jus the name!
      Sharon, the whole Medicare coverage is still a mystery to me.

Have a good day and hope the sun shines on you and your loved ones!

Comment

Good morning! Cold again this morning but Jon turned on the heat before he left this morning. Funny that hearing the furnace run is what woke me! But it does feel a lot more pleasant than the last few mornings!

Yesterday I had my trip to the dr. and need a last scan on my parathyroids and when this last test is run I will make an appointment with the surgeon. He wants everything done when you see him...how special is that? Now that I am forced to get it done I want it over...It is not the surgery that bothers me it is the recoup time. I just don't like to be down even for a day or have restrictions of any type....even for a day! I may lay around and waste a day for myself but do not want to be told I have to..does that makes sense?

Jon has been true to his word and hangs a piece of lattice every night. Have you noticed how early it is getting dark now? I really do not care but it is just interesting how fast it happens. Wonder when the time changes? After Halloween now isn't it?

Beth the Blues play tonight and I am also hoping they take care of the Hawks! Jon is taking Andrew to meet his mother off the bus so he can get a haircut for tomorrow's picture day. That boy has a thick head of black hair and i tell him he looks like a woolly mammoth. All hair!! He refuses to get it cut anywhere but at his barber so his parents will meet up and get him sheared. He is so lucky that his parents will work together like this on something like a haircut. His uncle always takes him to the BARBER...a real man's place! BUT that means homework is out of our hands tonight and it is night one on his actually spelling the words. Sierra has been home or has come home especially to do homework this week so it has been an easy week for us...I do not have to do it and dad can work outside. This is our absolute worst night for spelling and I just hope his mother does it. Homework is 'our' job you know, she just doesn;t get home early enough to mess with it. Which means she makes sure is not home until we have completed all homework. But I am going to be a nicer person since the holidays are coming. I keep thinking if I am a nicer person maybe I will be less crabby but I gotta tell you it is hard. And yes, you can love your country and hate its leader! He just gets more and more despicable....

Joy enjoy your trip...the poison ivy clear up? The weather should be perfect for a day trip. Why do we hate the dentist no matter our age? They are almost painless now but still makes me nervous to sit in his chair. Sierra had an American Girl doll but she never played with it...liked her old stuffed dolly better. Now I have no idea why this is print is dark so obviously I touched something. Gonna go before I do something else. Nice to be back and see you all. Do we have a facebook page?

Comment

Good morning.
          Nothing new to comment on. The sun is shining. The temps remain the ire low 90’s til Saturday when it’ll just get to 88°. But back to the 90s after that. No rain in sight, despite the weather fronts that will pass by.

Next week will be full for us. Get my hair cut & shaped midweek. Then the weekend following will be our great-niece’s wedding, just before Halloween. Then E’s surgery will happen.

Well, E is awake and up now. I can’t concentrate on his talking and doing anything on my iPad.

So I wish you all a beautiful day today.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening .

oh where did the day go?.... DAvid wanted to go to Walmart so routine stuff got done in a hurry and out the door we went... did have lunch out while we in town.... went to Karen's after we got home. she finished cutting my hair.....the beauticians just can't get it when I say I want it cut in the back like a Man's. curved up to the back of ear.. not straight across.. so Karen did it my way.. also got in a nice visit.. these are rare because she is so involved with stuff at Bethany's school..

Did get a call from Donna,, she has been off internet.. aggggg.. what a lonesome feeling without the RT..
            hope to see her here SOON..

Jostoy.. David would agree with you.. laying on that flat table for the stress test put him in tears.. his back cannot take Flat.
            Hi Bethina and Sharon.
            Paula, don't know how you keep your schedule straight in your head !

Hi Maxie and JoG.
            Maybe I will get here earlier tomorrow.....
            unless DAvid rushes me out the door... I don't want him to drive where the traffic is so congested ,,so I take him whenever he wants to go .. my choice.

see you later

Comment

Working...
            X