Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ October 4

Good Morning.

Wow! 1 inch of rain yesterday. Excellent! Cooled things way down.

Transfusion yesterday. Today I clean the church and John works on our microwave.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Good Morning!

We started our morning with a bang! Slept in until we only had 10 minutes to get out the door...we made it!

Yesterday was good. Very productive. Baked 5 pies then mixed up 8 kinds of cookie dough. Baked off 4 of them. Hope to bake off the rest today. We'll see. Finished the evening figuring out the Rx of glasses.

This morning is baking until it's time to take the pie into the doctor's office. Will hit up Aldi's while in town. Becca's coming for dinner.

Kathy called yesterday on her way to work. She's sick. Said you will need to go to work. She said they'll get an $800 bonus if they have perfect attendance btw now & the end of the year. Good incentive! Money talks.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
      Yesterday I didn't finish the laundry, so will do that this morning.
      Am looking forward to Art in the Park on Saturday. It would normally be boring for E, but he set up dinner on Friday night with one friend, and contacted two others to meet with us on Saturday for lunch or dinner.

Meanwhile, we're waiting to hear from E's surgeon. He called yesterday and got the nurses stirred up, so in a day or two we should get a call. Their excuse for not being ready is that all their records are being switched to another system, which they have "bugs to work out" yet. I'm not impressed. They haven't learned to use the new computer systems as yet, have they? 🙄 Let's hope the records info isn't getting lost.

Have super-duper good day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning on this cool trash day! The truck has already come and gone but it is too dark to go out and get them. I have motion lights on that side of the house but they are not up while we are having the house prepped and painted. I will wait until I can see around the ladders and things the painters have over there.

Everyone should be here today; I had a toddler on vacation last week who is back.

Spencer texted he had a good flight to SFO and arrived to the hotel in Petaluma where he will be for the rest of the week. His company, Ciena, bought up a tech company there. At first, we were hopeful Spencer would be working there, but so far, he is in Maryland. I really don't want that to change until after Becky goes to visit for Christmas: non-refundable tickets! haha

Ok, not much going on that is new or exciting. I have the ingredients out to make pumpkin cookies. I also have a fleece dog blanket to make...I got the kitchen floor cleaned and now will go do my floor. I also have the daycare to vacuum, so this is me, wishing you all a good day!

Comment

Good morning...I was up and on the beach by 6 AM this morning...its so wonderful so relaxing!! Loving the slow start to my day. Yesterday my flight was uneventful...after I got here we had lunch at a what a burger..then did some shopping and spent some time in the beach.

I don't what today will be hopefully a meal out and more time on the beachm..and just relaxing..mayb finding saltwater taffy.

Comment

Beth, walk in some of that warm sand for me! Enjoy! Yesterday was sorta eventful for me. Jon was forced to work over and Sierra had class and was going to be gone for the night which just left me and Andrew and math and then that long country road trip in the dark to take him home. As it worked out, Jon still had to work but Sierra came home before going out and did homework and Andrew's mother picked him up right after work! I did not have to cook and was in bed early with an empty house. However, when Jon came in later he woke me to show me his ankle. He said he felt something pop and it is swollen and black and blue and it is his bad ankle! So he called off today and is off tomorrow so hoping he can get it back into shape without medical involvement. And that also means no one to finish the painting. Always something! One good thing and three bad things!

Tonight we will have the taco salad that was planned for yesterday so no additional shopping. Laundry is done but always more to find. I do have the blues I guess...nothing is running smoothly here or in the world and no matter how I try I just cannot understand how we have come to this situation. I feel like I am losing control and we all now what a big thing control is to me! You would all be so happy if I had a magic wand and could fix things...my way! I know you would all be happy!

On the bright side hockey is back tonight! Blues have so many preseason injuries they can hardly put a team on ice but it is who is hot at the end of the season and tonight is just the first game! I have to admit I have missed baseball this week but not any more!! Win or lose I will be ice side via my bed all winter. I have nothing more going on around here but a case of mild depression and a taco salad in my future. Sierra is working tonight so math is mine and now worry about an ankle that is not mine. Months off work with no sick pay could make for a few skimpy meals around here so I know he will probably not get it looked at but try to go back to work Friday.

We got a few sprinkles yesterday so I envy you a solid inch of rain Elaine. Glad John is feeling up to tinkering with the microwave. Cookie bet your house smells great with cookies now! Jo enjoy your trip to the fair and I know you are anxious to get this surgery going. Seems to me a hole in the scheduling system is a big deal to a dr. Paula you put in a day before even starting your day! Gotta go start my day now. See what bummer thing can happen now...

Comment

I am sick yet again! Fever, sick to my stomach, etc. to much contact with others and then contact with my face. Having a suppressed immune system stinks.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am so sorry...Drink some "HOT" tea with honey....And some home made chicken & noodles...

((((((((((Sharon))))))))))
              Hope you have chicken soup/broth on hand. That's my go-to when I'm down sick. Hope you feel well soon.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good afternoon...

had an early morning chat with Donna.. and she got my blood moving..!.. 3 loads of laundry.. plus a load of all dirty throw rugs..the rugs went out on the clothesline, because it is HOT... then put the sweeper and dust cloth to work.. on one of the many trips to the downstairs. ( where laundry is) . i mopped and put the downstairs Kitchen to looking good.. then sweepered all carpet down there. clean out the little box ..all laundry is dry and put away.. .made a store bought pizza /salad for our lunch .. now to collapse into chair for an hour or so.. will find some more to do after a rest I'm sure.. ( bathroom is calling out to me..clean me next!).

think I will spend some time finding books to download. the two I picked the other day are both on the very boring side.. I might even have to start reading my Louise Penny book... although I am saving that for the first cold spell.. and a break from all this Doctoring

did not check but I thought I posted yesterday that I was going to Dermatologist... she gave my nose a could of shots of the freezing foam.. there are little pre-cancer cells setting there.. and she like to nip in the bud.... so the very end of of my nose looks like I have a very good time Drinking.. OR have a horrible cold.. does not hurt.. but it is itchy and I have to be careful not to Scratch..

well. back to the recliner... see you all later. keep nagging me SassyGirl. about getting the yarn out!.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maye, Me nagging...Never...lol..
                  Back to work.....All ok..I can no wait to see..What you make....??
                  Pillows...
              Working...
              X