Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, October 3

Good morning.
    It's been a pretty good weekend for us, seeing the kids. But it's great to be back home.
    E needs to recuperate. He insists on doing the loading and unloading of everything. He avoids using the shoulder that's bad, but still.... I do stand by to be of help if I can. Maybe it's a kind of PT for him, because he is able to reach a bit further. Not much, but some, which gives him hope for the surgical outcome. (Haven't heard from the surgeon yet.)

Today I'll unpack the suitcase, and do the laundry.

I decided that since it's been a while since we went to Art in the Park, in SV, I wondered if he wanted to go. They have 203 tents, or sellers, this year. Would like to see what's offered this year. What's new in the art world. It's very popular out here, and people come from many miles away to be there. That goes for vendors as well as customers. And I'll be getting some Indian Fry Bread while I'm there, of course. There will be lots of holiday offerings to cover the rest of the year.
    E says we'll get a motel room for 2 nights (so we won't be driving back at night). We'll be there for the opening day Saturday, bright and early, and leave Sunday morning. It'll be plenty of walking, and fresh clean air, and it looks like milder than usual temperatures for that weekend.
    And I'll think about Nalani and wonder how she's doing.

Hey, although E will have medical appointments this month, I have NONE til November! Yay for me!

Well that's the news for today.

Hope you have a wonderful day today! ☕️🍩
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-03-2017, 07:21 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning all my lovelies I am thinking today will be a good day....Probably a boating day, we have gas that needs ran out of the boat and to make its last run before being put away and covered up for winter...and yesterday we got the chemicals for closing the pool and a new 'pillow' and cover to do so.

I am going to be seen but not heard around here for a few days, hubby doesn't realize it but he is being a bit 'ill temepered' no matter what I say, to his own family he speaks so nicely but not to me and it is really 'pissing' me off!! Sorry about the lingo...Actually started with the funeral and I think to myself even though we are married for 35 yrs. I still think he thinks of his family first and me second...oh well, such is life..his sister is a spoiled brat even at 46.

Now for the really good news, my house looks like a whirlwind came through and I am not in panic mode because of it, LOL...it will get done when it gets done, and the inside of my fridge, well lets just say on Friday morning the trashcan will be a whole lot heavier, so many jars of things outdated, especially salad dressings and such, wish they made really smaller bottles of things like that for singles or double households. And a whole lot of leftovers that are going down the drain. We had a lot of chicken left after Saturday, going to take it off the bone and put in freezer bag for later use, less the skin of course.

Well I have moaned and groaned enough today, will wait for 'grumpy' to get out of bed and see what the plan is and wait for my 'orders',

Blue skies and sunshine, that makes any day better...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It is a windy Tuesday this morning. That has the temperature warmer; it was already 64* at 6:00 when I went out to the trash.

Sharon, I just need the OK to dump a lot of the jars and bottles in my refrigerator. It is pathetic how many times I pick one up, and then put it back.
      Sorry about the family drama.

I am a little later this morning because I decided to clean the bathroom including the tub and floor and then do a load of wash. The dryer is going now and all the floors are squeaky clean. I am ready to relax...for about 15 minutes until my first child gets here.
      I hope you all have a great day. I got my flu shot yesterday after daycare and hope that is all I will need.

Love you all!

Comment

Slept in a little this morning which is strange because I went to bed very early last night. Guess I needed the sleep or may be a bit depressed with all the crap going on in the world. I am thinking there just may be more crazies in the world than normal people. Wanna bet there is still no gun control in 6 months....

Did get some groceries in yesterday and cooked a meal but never touched the laundry. Jon wants taco salad tonight and supposedly stopped for ingredients but I need to check that out before it gets to late. Sierra was home between classes and did homework with Andrew. That is always a nice break. He tried acting up and she just told him flat out that he would be sitting there until it was time for her to leave and if he wanted to play a video game before she left he had better use his time wisely. Whoa!

Still have all the laundry left to do and no one painted last night. If no one is out there tonight I will be on Wednesday. Guess I should get going. Have not turned on any news yet this morning...thought I could get a cup of coffee in without total depression being thrown at me again and whatever new horrendous act will hit the news today.

Very dry out with rain predicted for later week. We are in a drought according to the weather guy. Just another thing to add to our woes..

Comment

Good Morning. Rain yesterday, in fact we got so much Candie said the streets were flooded and she could barely see the road when she went to the gym. Looks nasty out there now.

Sharon feel like there is gonna be drama in the family this week, my Uncle passed yesterday and his kids and wife have been bickering since he got Alzheimer's. I'm sure they will be bickering more now, the whole "your not doing your part" thing.

Have to go tomorrow to get a sonogram on my thyroid. Lady Dr yesterday said that getting it taken care of may help "settle" some of my other problems down. Seems it controls BP. B'S. Heart rate and weight. Saud it won't take away the need for meds but may make it so I won't need as many.

Everyone have a super duper day

Comment

Good morning. I am at the airport waiting to get on my plane. It's not here yet..I am very ready for vacation. Cori knew something was up and I already miss her..cant wait to put my feet in the sand!!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It's a gorgeous one out there. We could use some rain too.....btw midnight & 5am if I had my way.

Yesterday was slow starting. Got up late & we had to hurry to get Blaise out for the bus. I still didn't have any energy, so I laid back down for 20 minutes, which somehow turned into 2 hrs. I didn't hear the alarm. Guess I was tired. Got all 13 doz sugar cookies iced, which was a load off my mind. Cooked a decent dinner, then took Blaise for soccer practice. Man was he being a brat & rude. He got benched twice. He got an ear full on the way to the car & a threat of NOTHING fun over the weekend if I saw that behavior again.

This morning I finished up the glasses that still needed Rx found on them to reach my goal of 100 pair. Cleaned that up and started working on pies. Some are orders and a couple are gifts from me. Once I get off of here, I'm going to start mixing up cookie dough. I think there are 9 different kinds that need mixed up. My cookie supply is extremely low in the freezer. May start baking some of them off. Nothing this evening. I like that.

I bought pork chops on Sunday and I'm debating whether to have them tonight or tomorrow. I ask Becca is she wants to come down tomorrow since she has off for a pork chop dinner.

Sharon....I am so blessed. None of our family fights & has drama. I joke that the only thing we'll fight over at my Mom's is who's going to order the dumpster. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• determined
                determined commented
                Editing a comment
                Cookie, when my mom passed the older sister and brother were at each other's throats. Mind you both of them upset Mom on a regular basis about her "trash" talk of bonfires and such, but when the time came they fought over me very scrap of paper.

Good afternoon everyone...

I did my morning shopping...

Then came home working on pillows...And working on quilt..I will donate to food on foot...They help us..When the time was bad for us...So i am turning the favor..Pretty pillows..

Maye,I love pretty afghan.Work,Work....Back to work...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

good afternoon

had a nice post ready and for got to hit Post.. soooo.. starting over..

had a dermatologist appt this morning .. she froze the end of my nose.. some pre-cancer cells . so now I will be looking like Rudolph the reindeer for a while.. came home ,picked up David and went for things at Walmart,, why does that kind of day make for one Pooped out old gal?...

keep nagging me SassyG.. I WILL dig out the yarn...

Boff. these grabby guys we are married to.. need a good smack on the back of the head... David answers me with that grumpy tone of voice too.

Elaine, give our warmest greetings to John , think of you guys a lot.

Donna, I bought extra coffee filters today ..

We have our Flu shots already... ( I got the shingle shot last year and got shingles,, ummm wonder if I will get the flu ).

picked up the mail, no bills today.. yea..

see you later.

Comment

Working...
                X