Last Tue of Sept 2017 Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Tue of Sept 2017 Good Morning!

Good Morning! I'm not chancing putting the wrong date again. LOL! It feels like mid-summer around here.

Yesterday was busy, but it wasn't with baking. They had plenty of leftovers from Sunday plus the 6 I took down yesterday, so we held off with pies for today. I then had a chance to catch up on all my laundry, strip the bed, & clean. It's not perfectly clean, but better than it was. I defrosted the freeze that was only done 2 months ago. Frustrating when the door is ajar. Soccer practice in the evening.

This morning Sue is coming and we are going to roll out the 20 batches of dough I mixed up. Hopefully that'll get me through the weekend, and have extra to use. My SIL & I are going up to have lunch with Becca. I think we have a quiet evening.

Have a good one all!

Good morning, cookie.
    It's been feeling cooler here, although the temps are averaging about 89°. We should see the low 90's to mid-90s this week. Then I'm not sure what. Supposedly it's our last shot for a monsoon rain this week. I thought the monsoon quit mid-month, but I guess not. The weather people are all messed up.
    But we are having fairly nice weather for us.

E wants to get a haircut, do a bit of grocery shopping, and check on a couple of other things today.....I take it I'll be staying home. He's been busy with stuff around the house, and his arm seems to have gained a bit more movement. He can still drive, for now, til that surgery can get set up.

Nothing exciting happening here.
    On the other hand, I have a younger cousin now waiting to find a heart donor, a GD recovering from drugs, my youngest DD in a serious state of depression plus waiting to hear if she has breast cancer....not to mention E's shoulder problem.
    So, hopefully, nothing gets worse. I'm doing my best to keep their spirits up. E keeps mine up.

And that's all of my news today.
    Wishing you all a great day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

((((JoGee)))
      (((JoGee)))
      (((JoGee))

I hope I left enough hugs to help a little bit..

Work this morning..this afternoon I have to go back to main street to pick up 2 gift baskets and a treat for my family. Up in the air on ice cream...depends on how hot I get...I got ice last time I was down there and it almost made me sick..I was too hot when I ate it.

The 7 day count down begins....7 Days til vacation starts...7.5 days til I will be putting my feet in the wonderful sand!!!! I am not excited not one bit...LOL

I think today is pedicure day with my mom and sister or atleast I am hoping it is...and maybe supper out.

Comment

Good Morning to all...arrangements made for funeral but have been changed a few times, in the midst of making Grandpa's arrangements we find out his sisters husband passed away the same day and we had already made arrangements, she wants to be a her brothers funeral also, so we changed everything so she could be...so now visitation on Thursday funeral on Friday, longer than we wanted to wait but it has to be that way. Here is were things get sketchy, make a decision already about funeral dinner afterwards, I am backing away from this one and about the obituary, hubby's Dad and Mom have been divorced for over 30 yrs., they have never liked the wife he has now so in the obituary they list the son (Doug's Dad) and in parenthesis his wife (Brenda) and then they list his Mom as the daughter in law and her husband, to me that is just spiteful...Yes their Mom has remained close to Grandpa and they always include her in everything and that is okay, but when it comes to the obituary, should be truthful, she is an ex daughter in law...oh well guess there is drama in all aspects of life...a lot of bad water under the bridge and some people just can't let it be...

Well now that I have shared my family laundry, I read that JoG has her fair amount of it also, how lucky we are to come here among friends and blow off the steam we can't blow off anywhere else. I have PT this morning but will have to change the one scheduled for Friday....our son from MI will be here Thursday to go with us and stay the night and go to the funeral with us...I got his pants cut off and hemmed yesterday...

Well time to get moving...bathroom is calling...Have a great day one and all...thankful for all of you.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...

Here is a "HUG" from me too..JoGee..

I been busy...I found my mother old patterns...I tlaked to my church to rise money for there pantery...

Some of those pillows are "BIG"..I had to changed my birds from white to blue.....The pillow size 16 1/2..With four birds..

I will check in..To how everyone is doing..Nice weather....

Comment

Suppose to be the last of our heat wave today! I will miss summer so much. I can tell by the way Andrew's shorts and tees are fitting him that it is time to move on to another season...that boy has grown! But then so have all of us in this house. Except Sierra, she lost a lot of weight before mommy dearest left and has put some of it back on and looks healthy. Now talk about eating! That girl can put it away!!

She was suppose to run with me this morning and carry groceries but took out of here early to run to work for some odd reason. Personally, I think most of what she does is odd. I am also going to stop by the MED Clinic and get some relief on this hand. The itch has gotten worse and none of the swelling has gone down. Why I waited so long is beyond me when I knew it would end up this way. Just put myself through unnecessary misery out of stubbornness.

Did a ton of laundry and put up my Fall door decorations. Maybe tonight if Andrew has a light homework load he will help carry up pumpkins and stuff. I have a Frankenstein with a hollow head that I put candy in so better put that on my list. That will be all the Halloween candy I buy since there are very few kids back here. Don't really know if Drew will dress this year but need to find out.

Temps are going to fall back to normal, 70s, tomorrow but no rain predicted. Even the established plants need a good soaking and there are several I want to move to other areas but not until it rains and softens the ground a bit.

Need to get a move on. Sharon, obits are the most interesting things to read! Every family has an oddity or two. Gosh Beth, I would be excited too if vacation meant hot sand!! Jo, sounds like a lot of drama in your family...and Maye hope you get answers soon. Donna pies to cookies must always smell yummy at your house. Morning Sassy! Off running again....

Comment

Good Morning.

Wanted to check in. Nothing newsworthy. Chemo all week, so trip to town each day.

Weather OK. Hot and dry. Nephew weened calves last night, so I get to listen to this bawling for the next while. Yay.

Have a good day, everyone. Eat pie!

Comment

Good morning ,

I hold my breath each time I log in that I will really get here!. ..
                Thank you all for prayers for David...!... this morning his BP was normal ( for him) 150/77...he took one of the new prescription pills yesterday at 4pm. and by 7 his high number was dropping..and this morning he was still fine... one pill a day at the same time every day...!.. and it is not even an expensive pill.
                ...... now maybe he and I will both get some relief ( my nerves ). and I too am thankful I can come here and know you all have my back .. thank you!

JoGee , a big family always has "something " going on.. but that is just all part of Living, its how we cope with it..I tend to dump mine on God and pray he straightens out some of their messes.. I can't do it anymore. never could really.nor can you...just hope you and E can take care of each other..

Bethina, you sound so READY for a vacation
                Sharon ,I read the obits... and if I know the folks,I smile at some of the "forgotten" relatives..
                Maxie, where do you get your Energy!!!
                Sassygirl,, big Hugs.. I too found a box of old patterns .. giving to daughter, some of the skirt patterns her girls would love!
                Elaine,,, David and I talk about you two a lot.. will never forget our trip to Texas ..David considers John one of his bestest Friends.. wish you lived closer.
                Donna , I see another "play day" for you and I.
                and Hello to all who come and all who read.. stop and say hello.. Hopefully this will post and stick

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maye,More huggie..I know..To me..It make it real special....WOW.!!!..That is real cool...

Good Morning kind of chilly here. When Candie gets off work will run to Wal-Mart. Got a letter from my sister yesterday with a big surprise, I had a potato/onion bin with a bread box on top, looked like an old stove, even had the burners carved into it. Anyhow my niece sold it on her yard sale, I figured may be $25 but it was $100. May have her stop at Arbys been craving a big roast beef with horsey sauce.

Hugs to all who need them, everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

Hi again.
                  Thanks for the lovely hugs and understanding.

Maye, if I can reach out over the miles to lighten their burdens, that's the least I can do. But yes, E & I do look after each other first and foremost.
                  Yes, you and David are in my thoughts.

I also treasure the memory of the Roundup at Elaine's. Also at Jackie's. The Rounders are the warmest, friendliest people that I know.

Sharon, funerals and illness/problems do bring out the best in some people, and the worst in some others. Lordy, I do know a few incidents that I could tell about. My last aunt (by marriage) who passed away a few years ago, well she has been a real inspiration to me. She had my grandma's attitude......don't be insulted or upset by those few; look at the funny side and laugh. My uncle (her husband - he passed a couple years before her) also had that same humor. Actually, that humor helped everyone else deal with that aspect, too.
                  I'm still trying to develop that humor; life is too short to take all the crap seriously.

Yeah, Maxie, sounds like a lot of drama here. It's just a lot of "situations" at once. I'm hoping they'll work themselves out okay. The rest is just life taking its course, right?
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X