Sunday Morning 9/24 I have returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning 9/24 I have returned

Good Morning to all, felt good to be able to start a little slower this morning...got home yesterday afternoon, we unloaded the motorhome as we felt it might be the last trip we would take before cold months start, but if not we could just take what we need if we do go somewhere..

Had a wonderful time with my sister, her hubby, and another couple and one other...ended the day yesterday at Erwins Apple Orchard in MI, best donuts ever, not a cider drinker so I passed on that...but the apple donuts with sugar and cinnamon on them were delicious...we put in a whole lot of walking while gone, also was able to throw in a cookout at our campsite...tired but so worth the smile it leaves on my face and in my heart..

Here are just a few of the places we visited...and the last one is the campgrounds we stayed at, had a view of the Mackinaw Island bridge, they had park benches all along the campgrounds by the water...
    Good to be back home, now for the putting away and laundry...
    http://www.saultstemarie.com/attractions/soo-locks/
    https://www.shipwreckmuseum.com/shipwreck-museum/
    http://www.mackinac.com/
    http://www.campmackinaw.com/
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning.

Sharon, welcome back. I always think of Kelly (Kathy) when I hear Mackinaw Island. So glad you had a wonderful trip.

Dealing with cat problems here. King has started urinating all over the house. We are on constant vigil. Not fun - or the cleaning up part.

Was planning on making a casserole, but had to deal with cat problems instead. So that's a no.

We are heading to church. Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I always think of Kathy also, wonder why she left us.

Elaine sounds like King needs a visit to the vets...I know how aggravating it can be....

Medical Reasons for Inappropriate Urination

The most common reason a cat is peeing in the house, and the first thing you should consider, is a medical issue. If your well-trained cat suddenly starts peeing in random places, a visit to the vet is the first thing to do.
      •Your cat could have a urinary tract infection (UTI), which is very common. An infection will cause him pain and he'll refuse to use his litter box. You may notice him straining to urinate, but little or none comes out. When you think about it, this is the "best" and only way your cat has of clearly communicating the problem to you. If left untreated, a UTI can cause scarring. Scars take up room in the bladder which leaves less room for the urine.
      •Kidney infections or stones are also common. Does she strain to pee, pee a lot, or is there blood in her urine? It could be her kidneys.
      •A bacterial infection (aka cystitis) might also be the culprit. It’s more common in older cats.
      •Diabetes is another possible cause, one that can be deadly to your cat if left untreated. If your cat is unusually thirsty and runs to the litter box but can't make it there on time, this might be the problem.
      •Middle-aged and older cats, and large breeds may become incontinent. If your cat is overweight, this can also be a cause.
      •Pain: If your cat is ill or in pain for some other reason (declawing, for example,) this may impede his ability to use the litter box.

Your best plan is to get to the vet. Proper diagnosis and medication can help your cat and solve the problem.

Check the Litter Box!

Good Morning, boff glad you enjoyed your trip.

Elaine, didn't king just tangle with a feral cat? My thought he is either trying to mark his teratory to let any others know to back off, or he is traumatized. Either way he could probably use a vet visit.

Comment

Another hot and sunny day on tap for us...no rain and plants and humans are feeling it! Finished up one third of the porch railings, front and back, with the second coat and had to come in. Heat was beating me up plus allergies. Whatever is in the air is not being stopped by my allergy meds!! Then I came in to call it a day, washed my paint clothes for today and washed a darn kleenex! I need to get the other side of the porch done today and then the step railings tomorrow since we have absolutely no rain in the forecast for the next 7 days. NOW this is the summer weather we should have had in the summer! Weatherman said yesterday was hotter than it was on the Fourth of July. Mixed up Mother Nature.....

No plans for the day but more painting. I am waiting now for it to move into the shade. Jon cleaned up the kitchen before leaving this morning so all I will have to do later is empty the dishwasher...of course someone has also emptied the fridge of all the food so I am hoping to get him to stop on his way home from work for a bag of carry out. Yesterday I came in around 3 and after my shower just put on my jams. Boiled and baked was I! So I am anticipating the same for today.

Sharon glad to have you back and that your trip was such fun. Elaine I would not be happy with that type of mess. Hope it is nothing serious. Maybe he is telling any other feral cats that this place is his? I dunno how cats work. Morning to all who come in later.

Comment

Good morning slept until 915. My granny's party was one the best family gatherings with that part of my family I have ever been to. The food that I ate was amazing. One of the best things was the fresh caught fish and tried okra was a solid second best. The cake the best. Granny had so much fun!

I am having horrible allergy issues this morning..cristy eyes and all..like Maxine allergy meds aren't working.

Store bought dessert for Bible Study.

Comment

good morning and glad I got let in today.

this will be quick... I am leaving for hospital... took David to ER last evening ... high high blood pressure . and a funny feeling in his chest.. they got the pressure down. somewhat... but admitted him... for "observation"... hope his cardiologist gets the report..and calls in.. IF he had told me about the Funny feeling sooner. we would have been to hospital Sooner...Men?...

if anything comes up .Donna can report it.. prayers appreciated..

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Maye certainly sending prayers! Will be waiting for an update from Donna. Men are crazy beings...complain about the littlest things then let the big ones take you all by surprise.

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Aunt Maye thinking of you David...pray that he will be okay...it took a long time for them to get my blood pressure under control, take 2 meds for it already and they had to add Norvasc to finally get it under control. Yes men are a strange breed...

Oh, aunt Maye, I will be praying for David for sure! Tell him there are those who just know him from his cute pictures on Facebook and the RT that are praying for him and in his corner!

Yesterday the painters started with replacing the front of the daycare exterior. Think of a garage remodel into a family room and that is what it looks like from outside. It was the two care garage before the previous owners made it into a family room and 4th bedroom...Well, in all the re-do yesterday the tv fell off the shelf and broke! I was at the store and came home to two guys telling me what had happened. They both said they would bring a tv today to replace it and I was ok with that until I started thinking how old my tv was and how it should have been more secured...so I went to Walmart in the evening and obught a new one. One of the things one guy said was he had one that he would bring and it was nicer than the one that fell. He didn't say it in a bad way and I was thinking, ok, I will get a better tv out of this...which was what made me realize I should just go buy one. I called Mark and told him they didn't need to bring one but I would appreciate help with setting this one up. I will be sure to have it Secured completely this time. I think in the change from DISH to direct tv the tv did not get tied back down. I will not assume anything after this.

Church and home to listen to the repair noise and the dogs barking...

Maxie, take care in your porch project and drink a lot of water...Maye will be too busy at the hospital with David to nag you so I am stepping up
          Elaine, hope it is a simple cure for King. Saying a prayer for your kitty.
          Take care and enjoy your day, Friends.

Sharon, I am so glad you had a great time. My cousin was up there at the same time as you guys. He goes about once a year; he used to live inMI and misses it. I Love apple cider! I bet it was delicious! And the doughnuts, too! Happy to get to go on a cyber trip with you guys!

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Where in MI did he live? Paula think you buying your own tv replacement was the honorable thing to do...would love to see pictures of before and after of what your doing.

Good morning, everyone.
          Neither of us have been sleeping well (weather changes?) so we took a sleep aid last night. Still, I was up before 3:30, but after a bit went back to sleep and started waking about 7 and got up at 7:30. A bit groggy. I know E woke during the night as well, and is still trying to catch up on sleep.
          I know he's concerned about his arm, and despite the coming surgery he won't have full use of it afterwards. Just hoping the pain goes away completely. The surgeon is honest enough to not promise any miracles.

No particular plans for today. I've got my mocha and newspaper, and am set.
          Will have all the family October birthdays to prepare cards for.

Sharon, it's good to have you back! Glad you had a fun trip. I've been to that farm for cider and donuts twice in my life yummy!)... once from a school trip and once when I went home to visit and my BFF took me there. They do the scarecrow thing, and have the pumpkin patch in October, right? The teachers give them a list of class names, and the "front porch" scarecrows are wired up with speakers to "talk" to the kids (little personal things) and wish the October birthdays, right? Fun to see the looks on the little kids' faces. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could...hotcider and donuts were sooo yummy. 🤗

Elaine, sorry about King. I immediately thought about the feral cat trauma, too. By all means, take him to the vet.

Janet, sorry to hear about Dave. Yes, men!!! Don't forget, they're just little boys in bigger bodies. How well I know! 🙄

Well, I guess I'll hit the newspaper now. If I need another mocha, I'll be making toast as well.
          It's nice and cool outside right now --- love it! It'll only be up in the 80's again later today.

Have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Painting cancelled due to wasp sting. Since I have an allergy I am hoping I am already full of enough antihistamines to ward off a trip to medi med for a shot. Damn! We may have to call the exterminator just so we can finish painting. I hate country living!!! Going in to shower and wait to see what happens. Did I mention how I hate country living?!

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Not only country but city has them also... This time of year yellow jackets, wasp, horse flies, etc. are very busy....and yes, the allergies are worse this year for some reason...hope you don't have to go to emergency room either..
          Working...
          X