Thursday Sept 14th Good Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Sept 14th Good Morning!

Good RAINY Morning! The ground got a good soaking through the night, which it needed.

Yesterday was good. My energy never totally disappeared. I baked and made fillings in the morning, then headed into town to deliver the one pie, picked up the last of the mulch, and got a few ($50 worth....how does that happen?) groceries.

Becca was here when I got back home. She helped me unload & made me some lunch. I just kept plugging along. Becca requested Orange Chicken for dinner, so that's what we had. After cleaning up, she had to head back home, and I took Blaise to get signed up for Cub Scouts.

This morning after delivering pies, I'm going to Bible study. It's started back up again. Will come home, bake, and do some laundry. I need to take a day and do some paperwork. Maybe today will be the day. Time will tell.

Maxie....hit return when you come up for a breath. LOL! I really appreciate the spaces.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning.

Have biscuits in the oven, so a little time to check in.

Weather if heating up. Nephew hauled off calves so all night cows bawled. Trapped 4 hogs in the pen last night. Neighbors wanted them all. Yay!

Will come back to check on everyone.

Have a super day!

Comment

That sound you hear is me singing! I am out of here for the day and shopping and eating breakfast out and eating lunch out and with some of my favorite people! I need this day...

Andrew's mother and father went to the band meeting and got hooked into buying a drum and buying a book and drum sticks and music stand...how many of those did I throw out when I moved?... When Jon and Sierra were in band the school had their own instruments. When Jon got into marching band we bought him a new trumpet and Sierra used that. Now since this is Drew's drum he has to carry it to and from school every day since the kids are expected to come in at recess and practice. I got a feeling this band crap is not going to last long so I am not going out to buy a new outfit for the 5th grade Christmas concert. Now maybe if he last long enough to perform at the 5th grade Spring concert....

Did get my pedi yesterday and today is suppose to be in the 80s with 90s this weekend. Just in time for porch painting! Bright and sunny this morning and the birds are all happy singing. Took the hummer feeder down and it is in the dishwasher. Time to start the yard cleanup...after porch painting!

Comment

Hello, hello dreary morning outside. I have been and will be gone for awhile. I have been sick I have pneumonia and it is wearing me out. I will be going to my sisters tomorrow come home for a day and then head to Macinaw Island. Hubby is doing the shopping and getting us ready. I will be doing as little as possible because that is all the energy I have. I know that I probably should not be going anywhere but reservations are made. I will take my meds with me and my Depends and will be okay. See you next week unless I get time or internet to check in.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It is a cookie baking Thursday here! I am channeling my inner (I wish!) cookielady! Getting the dough made yesterday and all my pans ready and lined helped a lot! Two dozen are done and the third in the oven with 2 left to do. I changed the baking time and so it has been a bit challenging.

Maye, and all of you, the meeting was ok, in that I sat with daycare providers who have been in the business long enough that they are like me and are finding ways to serve what the kids need and still stay legal...I have to say the one super kpositive of the food changes is the Feds took away the regulation that we Had to feed an 6 month old food. Now it is 8-11 months as the child is able...then introduce foods. Most are ready, but I have had nursing babies that the parents and doctors are totally fine with breastmilk for the first year.

The big concern is the computer program we have to use and all theissues they have with recording our meals and attendance and Paying! I mean, if you are making us jump through hoops, at least pay us for it!

I better go and check on cookies! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning, and Happy Thursday!
            Today begins a run of at least ten days of temps in the 90's! Yay! (Well, okay, today is 99°, but it's a start!). Next week one of the days will actually be 89. Hello Autumn? Gotta work on my trees this weekend, loosen some of the caliche if I can, and feed the trees - which I've been neglecting this year because I just haven't been up to it, and it's been so danged hot.

Well, I saw my cancer doctor yesterday. He's really a great guy, and he doesn't just look at his own area of expertise in his patients. He looks at the entire health issues. I think he isn't pleased with the oncologist and hematologist I have there (I haven't gotten any response from him on my last problems, as he was out of town again and never got back with me, and I won't see him til Nov.). So this doc, ordered blood tests immediately, and also an MRI just before I see him again in December. I could easily read his face and posture when I said the other doc just hasn't been available. But this doc says nothing negative about anyone. Very upbeat. I always leave feeling happy.
            He is an African man with an unusual name....he actually came from Michigan! Our home state! He collects stories about couples, how they met, how the romance began, about the kids, and how you see marriage now and would you do it again. He recorded my/our story. He said it was a truly beautiful story.

So now I can concentrate on stuff here at home. E lost weight (seems I've found it &#128563. He's so happy. But I've been serving more soups and salads lately. He still snacks, but with meals cut back it gives him leeway when eating. Soups are light, chicken or tomato basil. Salads are mostly veggie, sometimes fruit (apples and/or raisins) thrown in. I bought Costco's canned chicken, added mayo, orange sweet pepper, & green onion, to top yesterday's salad. Yummy.

Well, not much else going on. I should have breakfast & get busy.

Maxie, I hope they got Drew a "practice pad" with that drum, so when he's home practicing you don't have to hear the drum all the time. My brother never owned a drum, but did have the practice pad. Funny thing, he was good enough at it that the music teacher had him "teach" the new drummers. But he lost interest in it before too long.

Cookie, I get dizzy seeing all you do plus keeping up with family. It's been a long, long time since I did that. I used to make monthly cakes (decorated) for E's office. Plus, baking for home, with occasional requests for decorated cakes for people. The cakes were my "pocket money", so I didn't have to dip into household funds for extras. I sure can't do all that now!

Elaine, love hearing about your "ranch life".

Hi Maye!!!! There must be some way of controlling that security problem on your computer.

No doubt Paula is posting while I'm still typing.
            Hi Sharon. Have a fun trip. I love Macinac Island! Stayed at the Grand Hotel for an anniversary weekend, and watched Somewhere In Time again there. Take care of yourself, with that pneumonia!!! Enjoy some fudge for me. I wonder if they still have that lilac cologne there?

Have a great day, everyone!
            Last edited by JoGee; 09-14-2017, 09:13 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Somewhere in Time was one of our family favorites!

Good morning checking in from work...today is my youngest nieces 13th birthday...hard for me to believe.

Tonight with dinner and cake and ice cream

Comment

Working...
            X