Tuesday 9/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 9/12

Morning I surprisingly slept really good last night only woke up twice and cori let me sleep til 5 before begging for food and I think she would have lasted longer had I not moved in my sleep.

Mom and dad were here yesterday and got everything set up for me new windows coming in the next week or 2...Security/Alarm system on Thursday morning...and in the near future a couple of motion lights out back.

Today my main thoughts are with my mom she goes to the doctor at 10:30 to get the results of her test. I will know something as soon as I get off work...so greatful for work this morning to distract me until we get those test results.

I am getting pizza at my favorite pizza spot for lunch...then getting groceries and doing some MARJOR cleaning...my basement floors are filthy and my room is a mess...my chores went to the back burner other than cori's litter box..I have kept up with it.

Good Morning to all....I am so upset that Maye can not get here, it might be one of her security settings...sometimes up in the address bar there is a blue circle and I have to right click on it to unblock content to see something because of security settings..still no reply...and I am not sure Kim even visits here anymore either...so we are sinking ladies and gents...we have lost so many people here by their choice and its sad...I do miss them and what is going on with them...

Well enough of that, got a text from a lady in the other hood by us telling us that their was a pit bull lose and it is an aggressive dog, so I passed that info along to another neighbor behind us that has animals.

Not to much planned today other than being in the kitchen getting things prepped for our trip starting Friday...my sis and bro in law have a big fish fry each year so we camp close, we also have a recall on our motorhome we are stopping along the way to have done...so I need to have a carrot cake baked and frosted which I do, it is in the freezer, but also need to chop onions for making hushpuppies while there, and getting prepped for baked beans...also make a strawberry pie...but can't make the pie until Thursday so it will be good for Sat. also getting the motorhome stocked with a few things we will need..

So onward and upward dear ones...I cherish you all and our friendships.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I feel the same, Sharon! Love starting my day here with you all.
      this day is starting warm; it was 80* at 5:45! cloud cover is keeping the temperatures warm.

My brother and his in laws and daughter all are without power on Merritt Island, so they are all still at the townhouse that never lost power! He took a video of the rain coming down and showed a bucket of water that filled up really fast. He did say the banana tree at their house did not make it and some other trees were down, but the only structural damage to the house was a small tear in their screened pool. His daughter's apartment door was covered in scraps of grass and leaves, but no damage there and it is a corner unit that faces the water so they were really happy to see no damage. Not sure about the in laws house.

I have hamburger cooked and ready to make spaghetti for the kids today. One less toddler today so one less messy face to clean up. I ususally take their shirts off when we have a red sauce meal. I would use shower caps on them if they would keep them on!

Have a good Tuesday and keep coming back here to let us know what is going on in your neighborhood. Love you all!

Comment

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula can you make a game with the shower caps? Kids love make believe, as I'm sure you know, so some sort of adventure that the cap is part of their costume. Head start we would put adult t-shirts over their clothes when having messy food for lunch and when messy art projects were done

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I use old shirts as painting cover ups. Great idea, especially because when it gets cooler, they will not want to take off their tops.
        I love the idea of the shower caps. Very easy to clean and disinfect! My guys like ve their super heroes!

Good morning, everyone.
      I miss Maye and the others, too. Our RT family has really dwindled. The friendships we shared were a real treasure.
      I treasure my RT friends very, very much.

Well, this morning we go get E to the MRI facility. His right shoulder is still giving him discomfort, he can't raise that arm, so that hand is not all that useful for very much. The MRI will reveal whether he needs surgery. The exercise he has been doing has not helped him all that much.

I'm sipping my mocha here, and will have some cereal shortly. Then I'll be getting ready to go with him. While he's being MRI'd, I'll go across the parking lot and browse in Trader Joe's. Then we'll probably go to Costco and get a few things.
      Might have lunch out.....or not....depending if he's up to it.

Beth, I'm glad you slept well. Hope the new windows come in quickly. The security alarm and motion detector lights should be a big help. There's a gadget you can get at a hardware store to put in your front porch light that makes it work like a motion detector, too. We have one in ours, since someone busted in the door of a house a couple houses away from us.

Sharon, your cooking sounds so good. I'm salivating here just reading about it. I may just show up Thursday for taste tests! 😉

Hi Paula. As usual we were typing together again. 😄 I'm glad your family is well and not much damage other than the debris.

To everyone, have a super-duper day.
      Last edited by JoGee; 09-12-2017, 08:54 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Summer temps are slipping back off & on for the next week. Figures!

Yesterday was OK. Was lacking energy until evening, but I kept plugging along. I ask Sue to stop at Giant Eagle and pick up a gallon of Energy and Clear Mind, but she said they were too expense, so we did without. LOL! Aunt J came and joined us for most of the morning while we did peaches & apples, she scooped grease.

After lunch I went to Lowes to pick up more mulch. I think I'll need at least another dozen bags, and plan to get them tomorrow.

The stand started the day with 8 pies from Sunday, which wasn't good. Well they still had 5 at days end, and I didn't want them selling them today. I went & picked them up and gave them to the local Veterans' Home down over the hill. Started them out today with fresh pies. Lew was wanting to start with 10 tomorrow and I reined him in to 6. I'd rather they sell out than have leftovers. It's been a good year.

Blaise had soccer practice in the evening, and I met a couple more moms and had a nice visit. Makes the time go faster. Came home and made up a big spinach & tomato pasta dish and packaged it up into serving sizes for Cork to take to work. Sat down and watched the movie about the beginning of McD's. It's kind of a sad story and made me disgusted with the man that finally swindled them out of their name & business....the McDonald brothers' dream. Jerk!

This morning I got the little porch's carpet scrubbed. It looks a little better. I want it replaced, but that's on a long list of wants. The roof is the next project. I'm just going to keep plugging along here today. Except for delivering the pies, I have no where else to go. Relief! Next room is Blaise's. He's been warned for days, and today is the day. I'm taking a big box and anything on the floor (except library books & dirty clothes) is going in it & he'll have to earn it back. I don't mind him playing, I just mind the mess he doesn't put away afterwards.

May actually cook a decent dinner tonight. Becca MIGHT be coming down tomorrow and I already know I'm making Orange Chicken then.

(((Bethina))) Prayers for you & your family the whole way around.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...bought my paint and supplies yesterday and then watched the weather. It is cloudy today and we may have Irma showers for the next day or two so I will hold off painting and start maybe Thursday. We are suppose to have a heat wave (back into the 90s) by weeks end. Think I may just have the landscaper grade the yard before seeding this fall to make a more gentle slope. I just want it done!!

Made stuffed peppers yesterday and they were yummy. Sierra could not be bothered staying home and Andrew's other grandma showed up at the bus stop to take him bowling before his mother called Jon to tell him. SO since he had homework he naturally came on here so we could do it while other grandma sat out in the car...yes, can you believe that? Well, you know all the kid had on his mind was getting out of here and he had math that I had to figure out before showing him and I just shoved the book back into his backpack and told Jon to text his mother to tell her to do homework when he got home. Weather she did or not I guess we will find out. It was just the perfect way to cap off a real crappy day and not fair to either me or Andrew and certainly not his homework.

What destruction from these hurricanes! Those poor people and now they have to fight with insurance that will make them jump through hoops or just plain not pay. Islands left with nothing and no tourists for how long? What more can come? A winter of sub zero temps and blizzards and ice storms? Scary probability.

Beth, glad you slept well and you have safety equipment coming. Sharon, I saw the most beautiful strawberries being check out at walmart yesterday. The man behind me had several cartons. They were so red and I wanted to reach back and grab one! Jo, hope all is well with E's MIR. and what an afternoon to browse Trader Joe's and shop Costco. I could do that! I love the pics of the boys with spaghetti faces Paula. Then you picked them up by their ears and dunked them in the tub! Amazing what places spaghetti can get into. Hello Maye, hope to see you back soon. Maybe if we all talk about Christmas it will upset you enough to make a break through? Happy day all...

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I just read this..
            Amazing places I find spaghetti the next day! Behind the high chair, on the wall by the end of the table...
            I know you meant the kids, but I am always weighing the clean up vs. the menu!

Good Morning.

To be honest, I used to get out of bed and come straight to the computer to say good morning here.

For some reason, I don't do that anymore. I am spending more time talking with John and his TV these days.

Weather here is perfect, but we are heading into the 90's this weekend, when it should be getting cooler.

maxie, I feel for you. Would not want to be waiting on a family at my age. It does seem they rely on you to keep everything in operation.

Got some beans in the crackpot, so need to go check on them. I cook them outside, since I can't stand the smell.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Paula, I am still laughing at the image of your toddlers sitting around naked in shower caps eating spaghetti. My laugh for the day.
          Last edited by ladyebug; 09-12-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine....
            I been trying to get in touch with family in FL..It is hard when there is no power.I hopw they get power in few days..I have not heard from my family..About Two days...

It been crazy weather here..On and off rain....
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning Rounders, nice here today, sun is shining neigh but there is a nice breeze blowing. Molly thinks today is "licky" day. Woke up to her licking my toes and now she keeps coming through every so often to give them a good licking. The dog is obsessed with feet.

Donna, a friend of mine and my x sister in law both had their flower beds at little cost of flowers. My friend would see a yard with colors of iris that she didn't have but didn't have colors that she had, she would stop and make a better if she could. Both of them would drive back roads looking for ditch flowers.

Everyone have a wonderful day

Comment

I am chuckling to myself here....you who will be having 90° weather see it as warm or hot. Today we face 104° , tomorrow 103°, then we have about a week of weather in the 90's......and I see that as cooling down! 😅 I'm hoping that when we someday again get to the 80's, E will turn off the A/C!

Elaine, that's okay, you need to spend that time with John. If E would get up earlier, I'd love to spend those hours with him, but he seems to really need more sleep, or he may be a grouch.

Sassygirl, it'll be some time before all the power in FL can be restored. I hope your family there are all okay. My DD who used to live there assures me that Floridians are always up on the best ways to prepare for and survive hurricanes. She has been through Cat-5 storms and never lost anything important.

Paula, does Burger King still have crowns for kids? One of those over a shower cap might work??? And you can use one crown as a pattern and cut out crowns from poster board, that the kids can decorate and put their names on, for future use. Heck...you can get on the Stauer catalog list or Natures Jewelry list, and they can cut out pictures of all kinds of jewels to paste on the crowns. 🤴👸🏼
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My mother gets that catalog, Nature's Jewelry and others. My personal favorite is the Smithsonian catalog..
                  The kids love cutting and gluing!
              Working...
              X