Tgif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgif

Good morning...yesterday was so crazy taking care of stuff from the fire and trying to stay awake enough to spend some time with my parents..

If you think about PLEASE say a prayer or 2 for my mom. She went for her post cancer blood screening this last week...and the doctor received some results he didn't care for....she went for a ct of her liver and will get the results on Wednesday....She seems ok with everything just one more thing to fit into her schedule is what she said.

I am heading to work...then volunteering...

I have pretty quiet weekend planned I think...

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..

(Yawn)...I had wake up call this morning..It was upstaires..

Someone spill coffee on my table cloth..I hope the stain will come out..It is very old..I can not cut it...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It was pouring rain when I went to bed, but nothing crazy. Enough to water the flowers.

Yesterday was super busy...too busy. I think I over did it a bit yesterday. I slept through the alarm and my oven was pre-heating for a hour. Anyways Sue & I pealed a bushel of apples and rolled out a bunch of pie crusts. I sent her home with another batch to do to bring back today when she comes. I just felt like I was behind all day. Needed to make up the pies to bake today, but had to make up more fillings. Making fillings takes up a bit chunk of time. Just when I thought I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I got 2 more phn calls for today. God must know we need the funds.

Like I said, I had a slow start this morning, but my energy is finally kicking in. Right now I have two small tomato pies in the oven....experimenting. We are going to try them and see if it's something they might want to have down at the stand over the weekend. Just a few though. Lew turned up his nose, but Linda was excited. Sue is coming today to lay some of the mulch we bought last week. She has visions! We did discuss one issue. She was going to plant a couple Butterfly bushes out front, but I noticed yesterday that they would probably block the view when trying to pull out onto the highway from our driveway.....not good.

After she's done, we are going to a friend of mine from church, and she's offered me some cone flowers & black eyed susans, so we are going to go dig some of those up. I then need to run to the bank and store. The more baking. I'm hoping to be done by the time Blaise gets home so that we can run into Dunham's and get his some cleats.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I love coneflowers and black eyed susans! I just need to find out where to plant them around here...I think they can live in zone 9. will have to find out.

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Cookie I love butterfly bushes but they get huge. I mean really big!! I planted what was suppose to be a dwarf last summer and it was so big this year we ended up cutting it in half to just use the sidewalk. We will move it this fall to a place it can spread out and do its own thing. They attract so many butterflies but just get to big to plant anywhere. Good thinking on your part....

Good Morning and yes for whatever reason TGIF!! I guess I still enjoy the weekends even though hubby is semi-retired because those that still are working are free to have time with us..

Beth with say a prayer for your Mom that the test and scan will not show anything.... I think this is just another reason she wants you to be able to be on your own and handle things yourself, afraid she won't be around to always be there for you... That's just how we Mother's think...wanting our children to be strong and survive without us..

Sassy hope you are able to get the stain out without any damage...I love using Zout and letting my stuff sit for a few hours, then wash by hand.

Not much planned for me today except PT and some house chores...Yesterday I had a typical 'hillbilly' meal I had frequently growing up, had my Mom & Dad on my mind all day and it brought back such good memories...I made a kettle of pinto beans with salt pork, wilted green leaf lettuce, made with bacon grease, water, sugar and bacon bits, fried potatoes and cornbread made with yellow cornmeal...not healthy for the body but was sure good for the soul...

Today I think it will be leftover day, pot pie and soup beans and cornbread.

Well time to get this day started with some breakfast, homemade sausage patties, eggs and toast..

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That meal sounds delicious!

Could I make one tiny suggestion, and if you want to say....tough tooties....OK. This ole gals eyes get lost when reading a big ole paragraph. Sorry. Could some of you PLEASE break your reply into a couple sections? I don't mean to be a bother...honest. I love having every single one of you here, and if it means I'll have to keep getting lost & starting over again, and again...I'll do it. Thank you from the reading-challenged ole gal!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        It helps if we set the font size when we toggle the editor or when reading the post if you want it bigger just click somewhere and hold down the sift key and then keeping clicking the + key it enlarges and makes it easier to read...

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not the size of the font, it's the nice long read and my eyes get lost among all the lines. Like I said, if I'm the only crazy one, I'll live. It's no big deal, just thought I'd mention my disfunction. LOL!

Good Morning Rounders. This evening Candie DJ and I are going to see the remake of IT. We are all Steven King fans so should be fun. I'm sure there will be lots of red balloons around today.

There was a knock on the door last night after Candie went to bed. The guy said my "husband" was a friend of the neighbors told him no it was my son. He is telling me that the neighbors brother had been there and he needed to talk to DJ, after all of that what he wanted was to know if they could pick up peaches from under the tree in the yard to try to start a peach tree of their own. Why he couldn't have asked me I don't know.

Comment

Good Friday! It will be a little different because the baby will be here and he usually is with his grandma, but just being Friday makes it all ok..
        After reading Sharon's post about the beans and cornbread and seeing one on Facebook like that yesterday, I really want some! Maybe my mom will eat some if I make it. Weekend cooking!

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and of course, will be keeping track of the storm as it goes by Florida. My brother and his daughter and family will allgo to their townhouse in Orlando. Merritt Island will probably be cut off as the water rises.

I ended up with only 3 kids yesterday. No toddlers, just the baby and two 4 year olds. It was fun and we had a different kind of day. Much cooler, too. I haven't heard how the fires are doing, but sure hope some are contained.

Donna, the pies and the yard work sound amazing. I saw so many blackeyed susans in Md, I really want some. I don't have any yellow flowers and will be checking on how they grow here in this zone.

Hope today is productive and the upsets of yesterday are just a memory and now behind us. Beth, will be remembering your mom in my prayers.
        Take care, Everyone and do something for yourself!

Comment

Good Morning.

Good to see everyone here.

I am in full favor of paragraphs. I love paragraphs.

Well, had a whole long post in process, and my computer just turned itself off. Probably good for all of you.

Have a good day, Everyone. Many hugs to All ~ ~

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not a paragrapher... I write the way I think and it is not normally neat! If it runs through my head it comes out my fingers but I will try to organize better. I just get so gabby sometimes....you know?

Morning...sunny and cool but only a low of 50 last night. Big warm up! Andrew has an early dismissal today so I will be meeting the bus but his dad should be coming in close behind so it will be a normal evening for us. I am not normally fond of early dismissals...never was...it just makes the day off. Spelling last night was like pulling teeth, omg! He wanted to do it me and not dad but then dad had to step in because he tries to pull stuff with me. I never thought of myself as the easy one but looks like the kid has my number. No math because they had a guest speaker at school. 'Some dumb guy with a remote controlled car that he put under a basket and you were suppose to think it was moving itself'. The boy was not impressed because he and his cousins had done that very thing with the pool inner tubes and their boats just last weekend. We thought they were very cleaver but evidently it was not original. Hope they didn't pay that guy much but it did get them out of math class. Laundry today and need to think of a meal. Maybe just eggs and potatoes..or McD's. Guess it depends on my mood and if I feel like going out for eggs. Why is there never any food in this house when I must shop almost every day! And then this kid says don't eat that cuz it is mine and the other says I need that for my lunch so lay off and I say if I want it I will eat it! Yum! Pie pie pies...cookie you make me fat just reading about those pies! Andrew's favorite is cherry and mine is pretty much anything with a crust! Last weekend we had blackberry cobbler and it was to die for. Caught up on the hurricane news for Florida and Mexico had an 8.1 earthquake and wild fires burning up the west. Holy cow! Scary scenario the world is living through... Need to start my day since it is mid morning already.

Comment

Good morning. TGIF or not, I had less than 5 hrs sleep all night. It'll be twisted reality for me if I don't get a nap in later.

Today is one week since that "freezing-cold episode" I had. Yesterday I heard again from the head nurse. She had talked about my dilema with another head nurse, since the doctor is out all this week (no doubt into next week, too). She didn't tell me anything I handed already figured out, and I'd given her the info twice already. She said the coldness might possibly be related to my anemia, so if I have another bout of it to give her a call and she could set up a blood panel with the lab, and get another doctor to authorize the blood infusion if it's needed. These two nurses are really tops in their jobs, but apparently can't do much on their own without a doctor's say-so.
            So....I looked up protein rich foods. Made a mental note of them. Dark chocolate is one! 😄 Oh....and accidentally found a blurb online that said craving ice cream or ice a lot (and I do go through our ice cubes!), it's a sign of anemia, and the craving comes from the mouth/gums feeling too warm....and the coldness prevents some kind of infection.

While I was up during the night, I was reading the weather warnings. We all know about the impending Irma.
            The west coast stormed mentioned the other day, well today they're calling it Katia. I double checked back, but they re. Over all reports that said it was Lydia. 🤔 No matter. There is a small hurricane in the south of the Gulf starting, named Jose. But last night Mexico had their all-time record earthquake (sizemic 8!), with 5 deaths at the get-go!
            What's with all these bully weather patterns in the Gulf, all of a sudden? (Don't tell me the Loch Ness Monster is visiting there....it's Mother Nature's work!). Lots of people will be added to the list of those needing disaster help.

Beth.... in my thoughts!

Sharon, pinto beans & rice is definitely a Texan dish. Red beans and rice is Louisiana's. I think of hillbilly beans and rice of being a mixture of various dried beans. There was a woman who made her beans and rice with kale or collard greens in it, too....I forget where from. But whatever, beans & rice & cornbread are just yummy!!!

Hi Maye! Missing you here!

So I had my cereal, need a hot drink, then need a shower before I start my day.
            Hope your day is a great one!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X