Wednesday 9/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 9/6

How can I be here first? It always makes me wonder if I am on the right site...
    I have been sitting here looking at some pictures I had in a basket on a shelf and found some wonderful memories...one of Spencer's college graduation and some of a Disneyland trip. Also a few of my living room back when we first moved here: green carpet (I loved it!), a floral sofa and all kinds of cute decorations on shelves and tables.
    It is trash day and I have managed to get a lot out of the house and back refrigerator.
    The skies are a bit clearer, but it hot already. My air turned on and I shut the windows Becky had opened. We ha some thunder and a few big rain drops but nothing to get excited about.
    I hope you all have a great day and do something fun for yourself!

Paula we posted at the exact same time, LOL
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning to all... Today, 09:28 AM

Good Morning, the sun is shining but it is only 54 degrees outside not supposed to get much warmer than in the 60's.

I have PT today, hubby has a haircut at 10:00 then heading down to be with his Grandpa while he gets a skin cancer removed it was a little deeper than they once thought...
      I stayed busy yesterday chopping up onions to freeze, breaking up and preparing green beans for the freezer, shredding zuchinni for the freezer and making a few loaves of zuchinni bread for the freezer, doing some laundry.

Need to make a run to the store today, pot pie is sounding so good so will get what I need to make one...other than that not much else planned...

Paula can you unsticky the post about recipes from Mickie please...

I have tried and tried to post pictures here and can not, have always been able to before, it tells me invalid file no matter what I try...anyone else having that trouble?

And wonder what sassygirl has been up to have not seen here in awhile...

Well on to get my shower and get this day started... have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry, but I don't know how to unstick it.,.

Good morning.
      I felt like sleeping in a bit today. But then the AC came on at 6a, so I got up and turned it off. It's only in the 70's now, but will be 104° later day. Slightly cooler weather ahead in a few days.
      Brought in today's paper. Geez, so much depressing stuff. Not sure I'll do more than glance at the news, just to be aware. I can trust details to change (or not) daily. Irma is quickly reaching for the east coast (are we done with Harvey yet?), and when Irma is chewing that coastline, Lydia will be reaching the Baja areas of MX & CA, and maybe northward. (Lydia? Where's J & K?) Well, I hope they miss their marks and just chew up the oceans. The people in TX have lots of cleanup and repairs to get done before the seasons change.

Ladyebug will have to unstick that post, Sharon.......or can Maye do it? One or both of them have the capability.
      Pot pie sounds good! Yum. I'm short on ingredients, though. But quiche I can probably do. Chicken quiche.

I posted a graphic the other day. My problem is if I have a pick with too many pixels. Then I need help cutting it down.

Might be making a trip to the hardware store today. E needs plumbing supplies, and I can use mulch and tree food.
      If we go to the bigger store I can browse through their kitchen supplies, and see what's new.

I need to go pay a couple of bills online. Then contemplate breakfast.. ☕️ 🍳

Have a great day, everyone.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have the stuff for chicken quiche go for it, do you put any veggies in yours? Wanting that creamy mixed veggie center not eggs and cheese, LOL...

Good Morning! The sun is coming out finally.

Yesterday was a busy one....so what else is new there? Dropped pies off and headed into town. Went to WM, which I normally don't do, but I had a list of things I needed from there. Went to Giant Eagle and stocked up on stuff that was on sale & I had coupons to match up with.

On Sunday I went to get my car keys and couldn't find them, so we used the spare. Didn't think much of it since that's nothing new with me. Monday I cleaned & cleaned & cleaned, and couldn't find the keys. Oh no!!!!! So yesterday I called the last place we were at on Saturday, but she didn't know. She said to call back in a bit. Well I was heading out the door for town, and didn't get back to calling them again. So I went to Home Depot and got another key made, which ended up being $75 once taxes and all was added. YIKES! Cheaper than a locksmith though if I got locked out. Remembered to call the Pharmacy one I got home to see if they found my keys....they did!!! That's a relief since my house key was on the chain too.

Blaise had his first soccer practice last night. He wasn't the only first timer. I found someone to talk to for the hour, so it wasn't so bad. I still need to get him some cleats. WM didn't have any.

Today is more of the same. Need to take the pie into the doctor's ofc and then stop at Aldi's. Going to try and make a tomato pie. Linda gave me the tomatoes and if it turns out good, we may make for and try to sell on Saturday.

Aunt J says she can read, but she can't get signed in. This happened before. Maybe the same is happening with Sassy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..checking in from work.mmots not been bad at all today. I even had help in my department today so I almost done. I am sure they will find some thing for me to do...we are working 6 people short..bit still managing to stay caught up.

Comment

Burr...weather guy says it was in the 40s here last night. What kind of a summer is this or has this been? Repairman was here fairly early and had all the parts needed on his truck..how about that?.. we have a new ice maker and he replaced the filter which was not free but at least he did it! Then ran with Sierra to the clinic and she has a UTI. Stopped to fill her script and got some groceries and seems I spent the day on the go again. Today is change over day at work so Jon is using his holiday from Labor Day today. That really means he will sleep in and watch tv and do nothing but I have decided if I want it done to do it myself. I am dragging out the ladder and doing the overhead work that needs done...I cannot tell you how many lights are working with one bulb. Ahhh, to have full light will be nice but probably only mean I can see the dirt in the corners at night too! All the laundry is caught up and I am not going to cook. And yes, for your information, cooking two days in a row IS a lot for me! I just hate it more and more. With this cool weather I am wondering if I should bring down the hummer feeder. A three day holiday for Andrew was more than enough to throw him off schedule and his dad had to get tough on reading. Dad always sits with us while we read and last night Drew threw the book. It was cute how he thought he could get away with that. His dad calmly walked over, picked up the book and threw it right back at him..it was classic! Some tears, some shock, couple of eye blinks but reading accomplished. A kid has got to try! Math he sat right down with Sierra and did and first night of spelling we go over the words for pronunciation and meaning so tonight we will start to spell. Sierra does math when she is here, dad does spelling and I do the rest. Every darn night over and over and over until it is Friday! It is his own fault if he would just sit and do it and stop bitching and just do it!!!! OMG. JUST. DO. IT. You know? Well gotta go, read if you make your bed every morning you will be more organized during the day but I am finding that all it does is take more time out of your morning thus messing up the rest of the day. Live and learn... Have a great one if not a cool one everyone.

Comment

Good cold morning. I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket. Candie cane in yesterday turned off the a.c. and opened the windows. We went to the store last night then after putting stuff away took Molly to the dog park.

Comment

Sharon....yes, I would add veggies. Chicken NEEDS celery, onion, & carrots.....but I have broccoli, cauliflower, or spinach I can add as well.
              (Sorry, my tablets won't do Comments.)
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey, Paula, it turns out I can unsticky the post. I thought it only worked in our own forums, but I tried it here and it worked.
                Surprised myself. 🤗
                Hope you don't mind, Elaine. 🌹
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X