Last day of August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day of August

The older I get, the slower I go and the faster the weeks and months just fleet away...wow so much for golden years, LOL

Got my physical therapy sessions set up now, went through them all yesterday, she was laughing as most times I was ahead of her or already able to do a lot of the things they want you to do, I told her I am limber and have been doing a lot of them already, I will do the ones I can feel the stretch or pull as those are the ones I need to get this over with...she ask me my goal and I told her to be able to use steps and inclines without my hip, outer thigh and knee hurting, she said that was good..and I said I will do more and often to get this accomplished. So tomorrow will be my start date but have exercises to do at home..

No real plans today will exercise, ice my hip and try not to do things that make it hurt to much, a maybe a few loads of laundry, actually feel some porch sitting/reading time coming on since the temps aren't so hot and humid..

Have a great day one and all....keep those in Texas in your thoughts and prayers...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Hi Sharon.
    When I had PT it was no fun at all. I also had to deal with my colostomy bag at the time....I'm sure it kept me from getting full benefits. One day the bag pulled loose from the exercises, but I didn't realize it was loose but I knew the smell wasn't great. Embarrassing! I was glad E picked me up early that day. I don't think some of the therapists realized what a colostomy was, or how to deal with it. But E fixed my problem when we got home, needing to change the bag and put a better "grip" on the new bag. I'm glad to not to have to deal with that bag any more.
    I wish I had a place to exercise at home. I can't stretch out anywhere here without hitting something. Did I mention we have a small house?
    Ahhhh, yes, the golden years!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I don't want to go to work Cori has been a complete handful this week...I don't know whats gotten into her but it needs to get out!!!! Can you all tell I am not in a great mood!! I am glad I have the next two days off. Monday is a huge sale day at work and I have to work extra hours..working til 3. They asked for volunteers for Sunday I didn't volunteer this time..I usually either volunteer the extra day or stay late on the 2nd sale day which is what I will do this time..

I don't have a whole lot planned for my week end..I do plan to make chili mac tonight..not a lot for Saturday except a walk to the donut shop and the store to get what I need to make my dish for Sunday...then Sunday I have Bible Study.

Comment

I am pretty sure today is September 1 unless I have found a snag post from yesterday! Oh well you cannot shut me up so i will take the chance! Last night we had a lot of homework..a lot!, but it was easy. Lots of writing and looking up vocab words on top of a work sheet and then 2 pages of math and Andrew likes company while he suffers. He worked independently but wanted someone to be close so I was elected. He knew what math was all about but again lots of long numbers to write and took time arranging from most to least and vise versa. He did it all himself and I was proud of him but so much writing...poor baby. Spelling had to go home for his mother and I hope she spent the time on it... we put in 2 hours on what we did and for a break he cut the front yard. He really needed a break if he volunteered to cut the front yard!! He did not work for 2 hours straight because Andrew is a piddler. He needs a drink then a trip to the bathroom, then he sharpens pencils and wants to talk etc. etc. etc..but it still took a long time for actual work. Need to run to the grocery but just for chips, etc. to take tomorrow to the big pool party. We will send summer off with a rip roarin temp down to 55 tonight and a high in the 70s tomorrow. Some summer pool party where I have to wear long pants and socks. No swim suit for me! Andrew has decided, for today anyway, to join the band and had his mom sign the permission slip. Drums! Then he tells his dad he will have to buy a practice drum? Think we will wait and see if he lasts a week before investing anything in instruments. I think it will be wonderful for him and he needs some self esteem. Did not watch much on the hurricane recovery this morning but did hear from Scott in southern MO. and they were getting heavy heavy rain which they need. Yesterday was overcast here all day but sun is shining this morning. Hopefully this darn storm will finally blow itself out. So many people coming together and helping those in flooded areas...funny how hate and crap takes a back seat when the country needs to come together. Wonder how long that will last? Got my hair cut yesterday and we got to talking and boy did I get a short cut...not sure how it will be when I do my wash and run thing. She spent a long time shaping it so would hate to hide it under a hat for a week! 3 day weekend coming up so hope you all have big plans.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes but Maxie, look at the date I posted this, LOL...it was the last day of August, I posted this then an hour later ladybug posted one also. just trying to keep you on your toes...
      Working...
      X