Monday Morning, day of the eclipse. 8/21/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning, day of the eclipse. 8/21/2017

Good Morning to all....been a fun filled weekend, a little work thrown in, but mostly play. Yesterday we went to our sons in MI and we went out on Lake Erie in the boat, had a grand ole time, went to a restaurant on the lake, wonderful food, and strange but true this place has picnic table style tables and we ask a couple if the seats were saved and they said no sit right down, we did and later after eating we were all sitting around talking and this guy says something about growing up in Eastern KY, I ask where and low and behold just about the same area I grew up in...we got to talking about gardens, canning, stringing green beans, and shucky beans...shows just how small the world can be..

This is hubby's day to be in the office for 4 hrs. and I have a Drs. appt. and after that going to make a few stops but be home before the eclipse because of the craziness surrounding it..

How long has it been since we have heard from jostoy or Elaine?

Have a good day one and all..garfieldright.gif

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

good morning

flying by.. taking the #1 car to the garage to get the window gears fixed.. so will be back later. see you all then
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Howdy!

Well, I think my computer is finally fixed. One nephew ordered a new fan from FRANCE! Another nephew, my cousin, and John installed it, and I can now use it.

Last week nearly did me in. My cousin came from Austin to do some projects. He was wonderful. We got so many little things done that required climbing on ladders and steady hands. I hated that he worked so hard, but was very grateful. Hated to see him go.

We are doing our regular Monday blood check. John had a transfusion last week, so we should be good to go. Tomorrow a trip to Dallas to see my eye doctor. Then John does chemo shot the rest of the week.

Will need to do some reading to check up on all of you, but that won't happen today. Newsletter awaits.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Morning! Need to get moving early to be home before the eclipse starts. i have to tell you yesterday traffic on the interstate was horrendous! Everyone heading south for the eclipse while we were just heading to a birthday party. Party was fine. It was a trampoline party and a lot of the aunts and uncles jumped along with the few kids that were there. Drew had a ball and was wet from head to toe. Ewwwie kiss goodbye! Today all I have to do is run out for the cake since we stopped for a few groceries on our way home. Gotta get moving...Sierra starts School today and her first glass is in the middle of the eclipse so driving in it should be eerie. Andrew's school is doing a day long event which makes it fine for homework on your birthday. He said yesterday that this was a special day for him because he was getting an eclipse for a gift. Maybe it will be his good luck charm for the school year. Hope the kids get enough clearing to enjoy the show. What really interest me is the sudden temperature drop they are predicting...up to 15 degrees. Isn't that something?

Comment

Our eclipse time will be this morning and it should be interesting. I got the kids glasses to have fun with, not to go out with them. You tell a preschooler, don't look at the sun and all they hear is "look at the sun." I will err on the side of saving eyesight and nerves (mine) and wait till after lunch lto go out...or just before and have a picnic lunch outside. the whole thing will be over here about 11;45.
          I texted my NASA brother to ask a simple question and told him I wanted the 3rd grade answer. He called me back and we talked about 30 minutes with a great object lesson thrown in.
          So many traffic jams and accidents in the last two days on our highway due to the people driving up to Oregon. One friend posted they decided Yesterday after church to go up! Saw tons of Oregon troopers and many were ticketing people...we always see more than we see CHP here, and they always seem to be ticketing CA cars. There is no margin of error for the 65 mph up there and so much construction where it is 55...believe me, I do not push my speed like I might in CA.
          Becky made some wonderful cinnamon scones yesterday and is taking some to my mother and two of her friends today.
          School starts this week at Chico Sat and Becky has Tuesday/Thursday classes so today is fill the tank and wash the car day. The fires in the north have kept a fine ash on the windshield it is a constant effort to keep it clean.
          I hope you all have a great day. So glad to see Elaine back and happy all l of our computer issues are good for the moment!

Comment

Good morning.
            I was up at 0-Ridiculous-Thirty this morning. Was wide awake for the next hour so read a bit, then went back to bed.
            Then I overslept and it was the sun well over the mountains, it's brightness woke me. And it is a very bright sunny morning here. Maybe we will see our eclipse after all. 😄

Missed you, Elaine! Glad your computer is fixed.

Sharon, my Dad fished on Lake Erie most summer weekends for as long as I could remember. He caught lots of perch there......I hated those boney fish.

Maxie, I like Drew's outlook, that the eclipse is his birthday gift. Happy Birthday to Drew!!

Paula, you are so incredible with those kids! The scones sound good. I should learn to make them.

Hi Maye.

Have a good day, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning. Someone posted a link for the St. Louis news channel about the town I went to school in, they have people who have driven 8 hours to get there since it is in the path of total darkness. We are in that path too but don't know what the traffic is like here.

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                what town is that? My son is in Cape Girardeau MO watching but lives in Sikeston MO.

Evening all! I thought I posted this AM, but apparently not.

Yesterday was good. After delivering the pies after church, I came home & puttered around. My brother & his family arrived about 12:30 and went down to swim. Kathy & Mike arrived about 1pm. I was making the fresh peach pie for dinner, then I went down to the pool.

While my brother's family was drying off, my cousin Karen called & ask if Sherry & the girls would like to go to a Shawn Mendez concert in Pgh. Well we were all playing cards along with the grammies at Sherry's. Kind of a send off for the girls before they head off to college later in the week. The girls ended up going. I was a bit miffed since I made things special I know they like. Know where we rate, and Sherry encouraged them to go. We were brought up that once you make plans, that's what you are committed to doing. You don't ditch your first plans if something "better" comes along. To me my SIL is just as guilty. Done with my lil rant. We had a very nice dinner & dessert. Fun playing cards.

This morning I just felt discombobulated. I've got use to having the pies ready to pop in first thing, and that didn't happen. Went to make a strawberry rhubarb pie that was requested, and didn't have any rhubarb. How did that happen? Texted Sue & she stopped at the bakery warehouse and picked up a couple boxes of it for me. We did up a bushel & a half of peaches and a half a bushel of nectarines into pie fillings.

Blaise & I then met Becca for lunch. Blaise picked Chinese. Stopped at Aldi's & WM, then came home. Once Cork got home I headed down to the stand to give Greg & Lew their nectarine pies they requested. They were willing to wait until tomorrow, but I thought they'd enjoy them fresh out of the oven. Blaise & I then went swimming for a bit before starting dinner. Going to relax this evening since I've already go tomorrow's pies in the refrig & ready to bake first thing in the AM.

We didn't even notice when the eclipse occurred here. The sun shown the whole time. I never mentioned it to Blaise because we didn't want him looking up at the sun w/o glasses. Like Paula said, if you tell them NOT to do something, they will.

Comment

Working...
              X