And a new week begins, Monday, Aug. 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a new week begins, Monday, Aug. 14th

Good morning I will make this short and sweet like me, (insert giggle). I am off this morning to have a lab draw, finger poke, and TB test, have to have a TB test yearly because of the medicine I am on...so have had nothing to eat or drink for 14 hrs., which is what they want, but you can have coffee if you don't put anything in it and water...will take my morning meds with me..

Hubby is taking the boat to have the codes read to see if they can figure out what the heck is going on, and then he has an appt. with the real estate person who will go over all the paperwork and such..so all in all we will go our separate ways and come back together later today...while in Findlay I plan on doing a bit of shopping without him, LOL. Also need to figure out something for supper..

So off I go into the wild blue yonder, have a great day one and all, will come back later to read...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning!

Yesterday was wonderful and exhausting. They sold all my pies down at the stand and I almost sold all the slices up in the barn at the Car Cruise. Got to talk to a lot of people. People love to talk pie. I had several come up from the stand to meet the lady who bakes their pies all the time. Now they have a face to go with their pies. LOL! Came home, unloaded, got some dinner, then headed down to pick up Blaise at Kathy's. Came home & sort of relaxed.

Today is back to the kitchen. Pies need baked, and tons of fillings need made. Sue is coming. She's stopping at the bakery supply warehouse & picking up my order. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. Laundry....there is ALWAYS laundry. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...not a good one here...cori woke me around 530..i got up to give some food..came back down to my room..in my way back down I felt something in my mouth...the implant screw had fallen out. Needless to say I have called into work...am waiting for dentist to open..not how I wanted to begin my week....on the positive note Cori and are getting extra snuggles!

Comment

Good morning! I decided to wash throw rugs this morning s I didn't swim. I can do that later this evening. I cleaned floors and the rugs are almost ready to be hung up. Just woke up ready to get some things done.
        Last day of vacation and then tomorrow school starts. And our temperatures will be much cooler and not in the 100's. More like low 90 and upper 80's.
        Sharon, I hope you have some fun shopping after the medical appointments and I hope, Beth that you get the implant fixed.
        Donna, as always, I wish we had a kitchen cam up on your wall so we could watch you in action!
        To all who are typing with me (usually Jo and Maxie) have a great day and enjoy what is around you!

Comment

Beth, don't anything about implants and screws but that must have been a bummer way to start your day. Have no plans fro the day but laundry...yes, Cookie it is never ending! Did some yesterday and now again today. I calculated yesterday that 90%. of the laundry is coming from the person who is never here. That was some speech she made when moving back that she would be doing her own laundry since she had to do her mom's anyway..strange thing is she got lost on the stairs to the basement and never found the wash machine...not even once by mistake! And now with Andrew coming back every day he changes shirts several times a night. He does not like sweat and that must apply to all matters of liquid because he doesn;t like showers either. Goes to show kids do not change much generation to generation. Cardinals lost yesterday but winning 9 in a row was stretching it... but it would have been nice. Son is off today and there are so many chores to be done. One day off is not enough to do a project when it takes you two days to think about starting it! Not to mention bringing in the supplies...he is so much like his dad but at least his dad did the project...eventually. Guess I have nothing planned for the day. You would think with as boring as it is around here that I would be glad for school to start and this place turn into Grand Central Station but I am not. I like peace and quiet. Have you noticed the night sounds are different? Like maybe this cool weather is bringing Fall in faster? Haaaaaate it!!!

Comment

Good Morning

I'm home!... what a wonderful family sharing 4 days...sot why am I tired? , we did not DO any work . just eat. and talk. card games..
            I guess I just missed my own bed..

I was all set to do laundry.. but the sun has not appeared yet.. and I want to hang out clothes.. also the dryer has a Straight pin lodged in the lent catcher, sticking out . would snag clothes.. so need my son, the handyman to remove it.. so laundry will wait... a brief trip to Library on the to-do list.. and maybe even go to Donna's to make her some more grease balls this afternoon..

Sharon, I too have a lab scrip staring at me. need to get done in the next week or so for Sept pcp appt.. but not today.

~~~~~Bethina, and all you sleepy heads.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
              Last evening I sent a post from the hospital. E had slipped in the backyard (the rains have not made the ground any softer). I drove him to Urgent Care because his hand was hurting a lot and he couldn't move it. The doc at UC looked at it, decided not to X-Ray it saying it was obviously broken, and said to go to the hospital ER.
              (Note: this was the first time I've driven in over 2 years.)
              So I dropped him off at the ER entrance, and went to find a parking space. There wasn't much maneuvering space, as this was a construction zone....the hospital is being added to, and upgraded. It was a 15 minute walk back to the ER, in the heat, much of it in the shade. So I went into the ER, and asked the nurse where he was. She said he's in the ER, maybe in the bathroom if I didn't see him. So I sat and waited 20 minutes and talked to the OTHER nurse, and she checked her computer and said he was upstairs being treated, but no waiting room around that area. So I sat there for another hour when E finally got back into the ER to tell me they hadn't gotten to him yet, so why don't I go home rather than sit there, because it was a madhouse and he didn't know when he'd be seen. (And I'd been worried about driving home in the dark, as my night vision is very bad.) So I went back and found the car and drove home. He said he'd take a cab home.
              So I got home around 3:30, and worried til he got home. Also finished the 3 loads of laundry I'd started before this turn of events. Needless to say he forgot to bring along his cell phone.
              Finally I got a call from him just before 7:00p, and he'd called one cab company that wouldn't get him because he didn't know the hospital ER address. (He gave the name of the hospital it's one of 2 very prominent hospitals) , and said the ER Entrance --- how hard is that!). So he called a different cab company, that said they knew *exactly* where to pick him up. They got him home at 8:00p. So he related that the X-Ray had shown that his wrist was NOT broken, but dislocated. They had to literally set it 5 times. He has to make followup appointments with his doctor, and today we need to go get a couple of pain prescriptions filled. Fortunately we had some oxycodone from my hospital stay, so he took a couple of those to ease the pain.its also one of the Med's prescribed to him.
              So it was quite a long day.

So a trip to the pharmacy and a grocery store I think, is all that's on today's schedule.

Tomorrow we're supposed to have dinner out with a friend of E's. I guess I'm the designated driver for a while.

Have a beautiful day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh Jo, what an experience! Glad E was able to get the attention he needed. And I understand night driving! Your situation was one of the reasons I decided to move closer to family and not be alone. Thank goodness you were there to drive and you have each other to depend on. I pray E heals quickly and without any complications.

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Things are never easy and never go as they should...glad it is not broken but sure sounds like trying to put it back in place was not a good experience at all..glad he finally made it home safely as well as you...now tell E it is time to take a 'break' and not do anything and take the chance of falling or bumping it...

• LisaUK
                LisaUK commented
                Editing a comment
                So glad to hear it's not a break, but OWIE.

Thanks, Maxie.

I overheard E making follow up appointments for his arm.

Turns out that his "shoulder" was dislocated. The pain in his hand radiated from that.
              When he told me "It's dislocated, not broken.", I didn't translate it as his shoulder, because as far as I knew the problem was his hand.
              🙄

We'll be going to get his prescriptions today. And a few groceries.
              Last edited by JoGee; 08-14-2017, 12:49 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoG...... thats one of those days you would not even wish on your enemy.! Poor E...
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Well today turned out to be a better day than anticipated. Jon whacked on some shrubs then ask me to ride along with him while he did errands. When he told me what he was going to do I immediately said he had to be kidding and I'd stay home and do laundry..until he threw in lunch. I hate myself for being so 'easy'. He had me with lunch and even Sierra rolled her eyes. This person is weak! BUT, one of his stops was a local junk store and I found someone was making pie plates, ceramic and hand painted. So if I can contact this person I will order several for Christmas gifts for my sister, sister in laws and nieces. Cover your ears Maye but I may have found my first Christmas gifts! So now I still have laundry and have a late start at that but it may have been a pretty good day if this gal gets back to me.

Comment

MONDAYAAARGH
                    Summary. Took Tex of the Gallstones to the ER at 11.30, after a grumbling, painful weekend. Finally got to the surgical ward at 1800, then at 2100 they decided they had no beds, and booked an ambulance to take him to another hospital.
                    That ambulance turned up at 0130...
                    It's gone 0330 now, and I just got home. Tex is in the hospital, with pain meds and IV fluids.
                    I'm going to bed. What a waste of a day!

Comment

Ouch, Lisa! Poor Tex!
                      Yes, hospitals do have a way of wasting away ones day! I hope you manage to get some decent sleep.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X