Rainy day Saturday, 7/22/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy day Saturday, 7/22/2017

Good Morning, the thunder woke me up at 5:30 a.m. pretty gosh darn loud and rumbling...also some lightening, it is still raining they say it should pass so as far as we know hubby's family reunion is still on, can't imagine many showing up even if the rain stops it will be a soggy mess..

Got my redo last night, much better but far from what I usually have...not a happy camper but did feel sorry for the young girl that was doing it, the big problem is no one will listen or take me serious, I know my hair and I know it takes 30 volume to color me and 40 to bleach me out unless I sit for hours which I hate and had to do...oh well guess I will just let my natural color take over, I actually highlight because my hair is so fine that it adds some bulk and fullness to it. So I have spent 8 hrs. in the beauty chair and still not happy...

I did get my grocery shopping done, the motorhome fridge and cabinets loaded, got my ham & cheese sliders ready for the oven this morning, and now need to get the monkey bread made... Would so rather stay at home today to get ready to leave tomorrow morning..

We called the grandgirls last night to let them know that we were coming to visit and take them camping the screams about broke my ear drums, they are even happier no parents are coming, LOL.... The youngest says she made me something in art glass with clay and she also ask when were going to make fairy gardens again....I bought and did fairy gardens with them last year and they loved it, now they want to do it again...I dread the day they no longer think Grandparents are 'cool' to be with and enjoy...

Well time to get myself moving, dreading the day is not going to help, maybe if I didn't have pneumonia and breathing better it might help... Have a good weekend one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning!

Yesterday was another busy one. After hitting up Aldi's, I came home and started baking & cooking. I had to make 4 pies for the farm stand for today and made a black raspberry pie for my Mom's BD celebration. We grew up eating blk rasp and we love them so much better than blackberries. Made orange chicken and spinach & chicken alfredo for dinner. I finished cooking & cleaning up by 4pm, so I told Blaise to get on his swim trunks cause we were going for a dip. It felt so wonderful to just relax for a half an hour. Got showered & headed to my brother's. We had a really nice time. After dinner & clean up, Aunt J, Uncle D, and Aunt P arrived and we played cards all evening. Cork took Blaise home with him since Cork doesn't play games. Didn't get home until 11:30pm....late night.

This morning I have to get the pies delivered to the stand and make 2 pies & a pasta salad for another customer. Not sure if the stand will order pies for tomorrow...probably will. Will be making those too. Slow but sure. I'm not ready for this yet. But ready or not, here it comes!

Have a good one all! Have a nice trip Sharon!!!!!

Comment

good morning

we did had a good time with Donna and family... pie was/is delicious... I glad we left early tho... had to drive by our local jam- packed Race track on the way home... and made it pass there before they were leaving.. that would have been a traffic nightmare on a dark,wettish night. ..

just enjoy the girls now Sharon.. they get passed that stage. things will be different, but they will have the grandest memories all their life of these days with you. ( as will you).. but older ,grown up grands are fun to talk to also.. and give advice to and let them complain about their Mom and Dad to you.. again ,,Just enjoy!!>

hi SassyGirl.
      Elaine hope all is well.
      Hi Paula.. Bethina. Darla. Jostoy. JoG. Labb. Connie. Maxie.
      .Arm .. and any and all who wonder in here...

got a pair of new Jeans to hem for DAvid ..
      This afternoon ,,Go see my Baton Twirler Gr daug.. preview of their performances they will do in Notre Dame next week.

see you later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I did my swimming first thing this morning. I slept in till 5:40, rather than my regular 5:00, and was in the pool by 6:00. It was 70* air temp and whatever the pool is (I forgot to check) felt great. It has cooled off a little and is now much better to swim in for me.
        Sharon, those girls and you will grow into each stage, I am pretty sure. You have established such a loving relationship I doubt that it will ever end: just keep growing as they grow. It is wonderful to read all the things you do with them, as well as the family bun making and cookie making that Maye posts as well as all the rest of the family news you all share.
        I am going to the farmer's market when I finish here and then coming home to do a floor or two before I take my mom to her friend's funeral. I have a lot of things to get done today and they are on a list that might not all get done, so no time to loaf around...which just means no tv watching like the hours I could sit and watch Beachfront BArgain Hunting on HGTV! I have to stay away from too much food network: just too hard to not want to eat all that food.
        Jo, I talked to my WA son, Stuart last night. They had hiked a beautiful trail with three waterfalls just above Mt. St. Helens and could see Ranier..the pictures they posted were beautiful. So, I am pretty sure you are getting some wonderful weather, too. Hope you are enjoying your trip.
        Sharon, you are having a whirlwind of a weekend. Glad you got the motorhome all loaded up. Take it easy on yourself and relax today through the reunion.
        And about the hair, I hope you stick with this stylist, as you have started the learning curve for her to learn how to do your hair. And as a stylist, you probably have a lot to offer. I would hate to come away with color I didn't like. Or worse, a cut I didn't like! When my stylist cuts my bangs too short I about freak for a week until they grow a bit. Your pictures always look great!
        I could sit here all day chatting away with all, but I better get moving on that list. I need fruits and vegetables that taste the way I remember them from gardens my family grew instead of the watered down taste of the grocery store vegetables...The plums and pluots I bought last week were so good! If you haven't tried pluots, try them out. they are a cross between an apricot and a plum.
        Love you all and hope you feel it!.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Please..Send me some rain..!!!! It is dry as bone here..And to day it will be 97..

We supper in the crockpot..We did too much this week..So both of us..Are being coach potato..lol..

Comment

Good late morning.
            Had to shower and style my hair, so I was just a little bit behind today.
            We had breakfast at the hotel, and E made me a very nice waffle. That's all I wanted, after having had coffee in our room earlier.
            Today DD & I plan to do some shopping.
            Yesterday GD came home sick, but not sure if she's home or not today. Waiting for DD to get back home from wherever she is. The door was open, and her chihuahua greeted us.
            It's somewhere in the 60's right now, temp-wise, but supposed to get to 83°. Actually, I thought I'd freeze in that low temp, but it feels good here. It'll be cloudy today, but dreary as it looked outside I see the sun trying to peek through. Looks nice on the lilac bushes here.

Paula, that sounds like a great hiking trail. But I'm not a hiker....especially with a bad knee, and my hip on that same side (where they had to take a sizeable bone biopsy) flares up when I'm on my feet too long.
            But I will give my middle DD a heads up on that.....she loves hiking around waterfalls. She hiked 2 or 3 waterfalls a month or so ago in OR, plus got to see their Rose festival.

What I missed in AZ was an unexpected flowering in huge amounts of the night blooming cactus. That means there should be a lot of Cactus Queen fragrances made imminently. My very favorite perfume.

Well, everyone is home who should be home. I should probably close now.
            Have a great day!
            Hugs to all.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon...I was going to come early and forgot....I was up and dressed and out the door before 6 this morning..today is my mom's birthday and we went to breakfast for her birthday but had to go so early because my uncle is here working outside at my sister's today and its crazy hot....also mom and daddy had to feed and care for the goats. I came home and fell back to sleep...mom was pleased that I got up so early to go to breakfast..I never get up that early unless I have too..I am not an early morning person.

I am home resting my foot...I have no idea what I have done to it. It had me up last night in the night....feels sorta like a constant charlie horse in my ankle. Waiting on a text from my mother that my uncle is done for the day....we may go get pedicures. I was supposed to make cookies and dessert and pick up stuff for supper...no way can I walk to the store...my foot hurts to much.

Comment

Working...
              X