Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Friday Morning

Why do weekends still make me happy?

Yesterday was a challenging day, we have had so much rain and flooding around here and so many roads are closed...well my appt. was for 8:30 a.m. for the infusion, Ieft plenty early as it is 45 mins. to get there, well let me tell you what a maze I went through to get there, and coming home it got worse because even more roads closed...a whole lot of flooding, businesses closing, homes flooded, its pretty nasty out, not so much here in our town but the other ones around us...and the humidity is sweltering...

I have no plans today except to round up the trash and clean the litter boxes...I can't seem to shake this darn cold I got, first I think I am getting better then comes the stuffy nose and raw lungs feeling...I did have a cat scan of my lungs yesterday so I'm sure my pulmonary Dr. will be calling, LOL...

Hubby has been busy past few days with the real estate lady, she trust his judgement on what repairs will cost others and one lady wanted to hire him to remodel her home, LOL...he keeps it up and I will be upset he is taking away time for us and his retirement.

jostoy so sorry to hear about your relative passing away...
    Maxie still hoping you are enjoying the family life,
    Darla great finds with the knitting stuff.
    Cookie will Kathy ever really get it that she is her own worst enemy? You have done all that you can to help guide her it does no good.
    Speaking of swim meets my 10 yr. old granddaughter in GA is in their state meets starting today....wishing her the best...
    Well time to go read the news and finish my coffee then round up the trash...hope your days are good ones.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..I hope will get some rain to day..

Jostoy..I am so sorry about your loss..

I been so busy..I am mission work..And sometime the time just flew by...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning...Life has gotten in the way this week...enough said...I will explain in the morning..love you all!

Comment

What a storm we had last night. Why does it take such a heavy storm to break a heat wave? Why can't it just break with a gentle rain and say that is enough heat for a while, lets try a little rain. Nothing seems to be gentle in the weather anymore. Today I am getting a haircut and while in Staunton have some banking to do then stop off to sign some papers, make an appointment at the hospital for a test and hit my old local grocery store. Can you ever believe anyone would make spaghetti sauce and NOT put asiago in it? Well, me either and we are totally out. Did not sleep well last night and am very upset with mommy dearest. She has pressured and pushed and begged and Sierra is consenting to go to Minnesota to visit in August. I think she wants to show off her new life and does not understand this little girl is not interested. If she misses her 'pretty little face' why doesn't she come here to visit...oh I know. Boyfriend does not want to come back here so she won;t either. Ahhhhh! Other than that there is nothing new here. I see a nap in my future! Cardinals are back tonight so i have evening entertainment. Hope today brings everything you want and need!

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I've NEVER put asiago in my spaghetti....is it a sausage or a cheese? If memory serves me right, it's a cheese, right?

• BarbCA108
          BarbCA108 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never put Asiago in my spaghetti sauce. Maybe it's a regional thing.

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Now I Want to put Asiago in my spaghetti sauce!

Good DREARY Morning. The sun FINALLY peaked out at sunset last night.

Yesterday was good. Didn't start so good....slept in because of the dreariness. Aunt J was coming and I only had 45 min to get ready, but mission accomplished. She scooped grease balls and I made 2 carrot cakes for the freezer. She needed a "therapy" session (bit** session) and I listened. After she left and we had lunch, Blaise & I headed to Cranberry where Portrait Innovations is located. I had his pictures taken there a couple weeks ago.

Oh man, Kathy is NOT going to be happy IF we let her see the booklets I ordered. There are 4 pages with me & Blaise together. She HATES when I get any pictures taken with him. Jealous. I always tell her if she'd take him herself and PAY for it all, she could have as many pictures with him as she wanted. Blaise ASK me to join him. Believe me, I was NOT prepared. I wouldn't have worn what I did and I would have had makeup on.

Came home and made up 2 platters I had ordered...one for yesterday and one for today. Did sit down and read for a bit. Made spaghetti & salad for dinner. It tasted good. Hadn't had that in almost a month I think. Took Blaise to the pool to practice with the team. Now I wished I would have signed him up for tomorrow's competition, but I didn't think he'd improve as much as he has over the past week. Those last 4 lessons REALLY helped.

While making up those trays, I noticed I was getting low on some cookies, so I think I will mix up some cookie dough today and start baking off some of it. My Aunt P called late yesterday asking to play cards at her place, so WHEN my Mom finally returns my call, I will get a card night organized. Today is my Mom's birthday, and we aren't officially celebrating with the family until next Friday when my brother & family gets home from vacation. Think I'll make her some chocolate cupcakes that she loves & that'll be her "BD cake" for today. Will take them with me tonight.

Sharon...how exciting for your GD!!!! Congrats to her! Wish her the best.
        Joystoy...I'll say like I always to...you exhaust me with all that you accomplish. You must love it or it wouldn't all happen.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Hotter than hinges here. High 90s to low100s.
          I guess it really is morning. I hear the manager watering. It's so hot I nearly lost my sage plant and I think my thyme is gone. Chives are iffy.

Sad news. My 94 year neighbor passed away on Wednesday. Such a sweet lady. She had lived here for a long period of time. Celebration of life tomorrow in the club house.
          Her daughter who has been caring for her will have to leave because she isn't on the lease and isn't qualified. I'm going to miss them. The other daughter who lives nearby is here often, too. A very loving family.

Potluck yesterday was a hit. I took a strawberry trifle and Mexican coleslaw. Both were well received.

About all for today. Everyone stay dry if you can. Seems like a lot of rain in some places.

Comment

Good morning.
            The rain didn't start til after the sun completely set yesterday. For about a half a minute that sunset painted everything a bright rosy salmon color --- so beautiful. But once darkness hit, then came some thunder, lightning, and rain. We had storm warnings and flood warnings. I slept completely through the night -- rain will do that to me. The block fence is dark with moisture, so it must've rained on and off til sunrise.
            We still will have triple digit heat for a couple of days. The next storm is forecasted for Monday.

I don't put Asiago in my spaghetti sauce, Maxie. First, E loves that cheese and he claims it all when we get it. Second, I don't like it at all, because it tastes like a very salty cheese, and salt is not my friend.
            Sierra may just be placating her mother for now, saying she'll visit to stop her from pressuring her. She can still say at the last minute that she can't get off work, and doesn't want to lose her job. ???

Well, nothing much happening here. Am just glad the monsoon rains are kicking in.
            We got a call from the shuttle company, and they just went out of business, and they cancelled our reservation and refunded the fees. Apparently, all the shuttle services went out of business. E will have to get a cab to the airport, I guess.
            We were wondering if they're setting people up for the "uber cars" which are driverless. Not sure I'm ready for that quite yet.

Not sure what today will bring. But I hope we all have a good one! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Our two shuttle services went out of business, too. The next closest one is 45 minutes away, and not sure if I will use it or not. the drive to the airport is getting longer and the cost of the parking higher, so I may think about it...

Good morning! Barb, yesterday we were high 90's, too. For us that felt a bit cooler!
            I went to the store after daycare yesterday and usually it is crowded with the after work people. No one was in lines or anything; then I remembered it was the first night of the county fair. I will probably take my mom on Saturday, after I take her to buy her new phones and tv...What a hassle to get all the replacement things from her power outage and there is no way insurance pays you for that trouble!
            Sorry for the loss jostoy and Barb. hugs to you both!
            I am not baking anything, but Becky wants to make cookies so I will be staying out of the kitchen and out of the way.
            Daycare is about ready to start and I need to go change the sprinklers.
            Prayers for all in need of comfort. The flooding, fires and loss of life are reason to stay close to the ones you love.
            Have a safe, good day!

Comment

My mom and dad always cooked with asiago. When daddy's old grocery store closed the owner would take a trip to St. Louis' Italian section called 'The Hill' once a month a buy a wheel of cheese and then deliver to his customers who special ordered it. Now I can only get fresh from a few places. We grew up with it on anything tomato. I cook with it and also sprinkle it but the grands want Parmesan and do not realize the sauce they love has asiago in it or the meatballs they ask for has a sprinkle in them. I never thought of it being regional but maybe it is...lots of Italians where I grew up. AND that could explain why i cannot get it everywhere. I buy it fresh, grated it myself then freeze it. Yummy!

Comment

Good Morning.

Weather here pretty mild for TX, but definitely heating up. Mowed yesterday and I have to start about 7a, then finish the back yard in the afternoon after the dew has gone away.

John has had a pretty rough week with chemo, so I have not been on the computer much.

No Asagio here. My family always used Romano, but never in the sauce, just on top and in the meatballs. Like Jo, Asagio is super salty to me, since I'm not used to it. Haven't had homemade sauce in forever, but I do have some tomatoes from the garden that need tending to, so may get busy with that after trip to cancer center this morning. I HATE to cook garden tomatoes, but sometimes you just get too many.

Well, better get dressed and out of here. Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good late afternoon... finally sun is shining , very hot. humid but ,,, its summer, I love it... but do appreciate my A/C...

Donna was my therapist yesterday... had some unwinding to do.. and it helped... feel much better today ...

Took Donna's mom. my sister , to lunch with us.. just fun to eat Breakfast at noon, and talk.,talk,talk.. her and David are so wobbly on their feet.. I felt like handing each one of them a cane ....

Jostoy.. hugs for your sad news.
                  SassyGirl.. Happy to see you here.
                  Elaine, think of you and John a lot,in our Prayers always....

Happy to see you all here.

Hi Paula
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maye,AWWW..Thank-you..I am glad to be here..
                Working...
                X