Saturday June 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday June 10th

Good SUNNY Morning! We are FINALLY suppose to start getting some real heat.

Yesterday was good. I got the "basketball" sugar cookies iced. Once Blaise got home, we headed into town for lunch & some grocery shopping. Blaise requested we go to the small library, so on our way home we went to Saxonburg, which was fine with me because I had a Rx to pick up there anyways. We just pulled in the driveway, when a customer pulled in too. I didn't realize it was that late. Perfect timing. Had a nice chat with her. After dinner took Blaise to swim practice. Talked to the one coach/life guard, and I'm going to have her give him a few private lessons. It only costs $5 more, and he won't be distracted.

Not sure what today will bring. I thought we'd be going to some garage sales, but Cork is messing that up with a 10am golf lesson. He always gets there an hour early, so he'll be leaving here around 8:30...dumb. Definitely going to go down to the pool for a bit. Haven't been down there for a week. Corky has been feeding it it's chlorine.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning.

Hi Donna! Hi Everyone.

Not much to report. All of John's pants are so baggy on him that I ordered 6 new pair and shirts from Bealls. Dockers on sale for $9.99. Can't beat that. This morning I need to wash it all.

Been outside looking for the cat carrier in the shop. Can't find it, so I guess nephew already picked it up. He's taking a kitten to his sister in Dallas this morning. They got one a few weeks ago when here then decided they needed two. Bought a cat tree as big as the living room, so I guess they need to fill it up.

Well, need to rustle up some grub. Have a very good day, my Friends.

Comment

Good Sunny Morning here also....just not motivated yet, LOL

Donna swim lessons are a great thing to do for the little guy, my grandgirls learned at a very early age, they are now 8 and 10 and on swim teams and have meets, they love swimming..the HOA they live at has a pool and also a swim team...did I ever tell you they live on a golf course, they live on the second hole and it if so much fun to watch golfers early in the mornings...they have a club house but we were saying how they needed a restaurant there...

Don't know what we will do today but a drive up by the lake would be real nice, perfect day for it..before it gets to hot out.
      Yesterday got my blood draw done and then came back into town and went to a friends house that is getting ready for a garage sale, her Mom passed away and they are trying to get things sold and then get the house ready to be sold...her Mom did not have a will so it is all in probate. I bought some Boyd's Bears and man did they need a good cleaning...wow....toothbrush worked really good...

Hubby spent the whole day in 'class' reading and taking test for his real estate license, learning so many things you are just not aware of until you get into it...very interesting..

Think I will get busy and fix some sh*t on a shingle for breakfast...that should wake the hubby up, have some amish white bread to toast...

Have a great weekend one and all...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I almost wish I had gone into real estate rather than full time daycare. I love helping friends find homes...

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..It will be another "HOT" day..It will be in the 90's.

I did the morning chores...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning to you all.
        We also have another hot day (101°) ahead. Turns out that there were two wildfires burning since Wednesday, and yesterday they merged. It covers over 7500 acres, destroyed one building and severely damaged several others. They've been evacuating people, and the Red Cross is standing ready to help. They said there are so many wildfires in S.AZ that the firefighters are running out of resources. Are you reading, Nalani? It's in the Dragoon Mountains in Cochise County.
        My "inner blonde" came out, and I said to E, "So that big rain didn't help! We not only have a dry heat, but a dry rain as well?"

We did get our new glasses yesterday. I really like mine. E isn't so sure about his. It's interesting, we both had cataract surgeries. I have the plain old type lenses in my eyes. He got the new "trifocal" type lenses. So does our Optometrist, but a different brand than his. I was listening to them discuss the neuances of the minor things that come up for them. So secretly I'm glad I have the plain lenses implanted. My glasses, properly made, will more easily correct my vision, I think.
        Besides, the near-to-far lenses are far, far more expensive.

Nothing planned for today. Just the usual, whatever comes up. E did a couple loads of laundry yesterday afternoon. He got a snag in his new knit shirt. I shall try to fix it today.

Have a great day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! We leave tonight for a glorious week in Disney!! Actually I am hoping the old body holds up for a week in the sun and humidity. We are packed and I still have house chores but do not intend to leave the inside until we head for the car. Another baseball game last night and another loss. Losing is not the thing but some people...it takes one run to win a game and I do not understand the mentality that you must win by 10 or 15 runs. We do not mind losing but I am thinking compassion is missing in a lot of things including little league sports. No wonder the world is screwed up! I am so happy to be missing 3 games next week. Cookie, my boys and grands all learned to swim at early ages. Jon is a pretty swimmer and the only one who swims above water...the others glide underwater...wish we had has swims teams around. Blaise is very lucky you keep him involved. Well, people are stirring around here. Andrew will be in this afternoon with his suitcase. Sierra is heading out this morning to spend the entire day saying good bye to her idiot boyfriend (did I say that?). We ask her to be home this afternoon so she could entertain her brother so dad could get a nap but by the look I just got I am pretty sure that she will come in when she pleases. Were we as self consumed with boys at her age? If I remember correctly at 20 I was working in St. Louis and commuting every day. But we were so much more mature right? lol!!! This family will be leaving late tonight and Jon hopes to be in Florida before we stop for the night tomorrow. Check in is Monday. I have to admit that even though I been to Disney many many times through the years I am always excited. Won't see you again until next Monday. have a great week and enjoy the summer temps...

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a WONDERFUL energetic time! Will miss you.

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, my gosh, I am excited for you! the first time I went to Disneyland I was almost 16 and we had just moved to San Diego form the East coast.
            During my high school and then college years I went a lot and then when I got married and moved to REd Bluff, my parents moved back to so Cal and it ws perfect timing for our little kids to start going...Enjoy every minute, every morsel and every thing you see and relax!!!

Good morning, all. After several cloudy, gloomy days we're having beautiful sunshine.

Had the procedure on my back yesterday. I was told it could take longer for it to work but it is soooo much better. Not to supposed to do much for 48 hours but it feels so good that I'm having a time keeping myself from doing too much.
          I guess washing dishes doesn't fall into the category of "too much" so guess I'll go do that.
          Everyone have lovely day.

Comment

It's afternoon just now making it. I am having a very lazy day.

Comment

Well, good late morning! It is sunny, cool, and supposed to reach only the upper 70's. perfect weather for cleaning and such. We made our last trip to the pet shelter for their yard sale next week. They have filled a double wide! It is about a 20x40, 2 bedroom and today we took our things into the bathroom!!
              The rest of what I am taking out of my storage unit will be for the homeless shelter yard sale and to keep here. It will be interesting to see how much I actually keep. I had some Franciscan ware goblets from our wedding that I finally said, let it go! Haven't used them in forever, and also all the glasses from Disneyland and cups, etc. I have a bunch of good cups and mugs that I am letting the daycare use to hold candy for their Father's day gifts. The dessert plates I was giving I decide to use for cookies that I take...And we still had our car packed to the gills for the second trip down. And they said No human clothes! This will be a good yard sale. someone was dropping off an Ugly couch and said they would be bringing the matching love seat, but one man's trash...When Spencer say a post I made about cleaning our the storage unit He Immediately texted me: You're not giving away my comic books, are you!? I texted him right back: Are you kidding?? I sold those for big bucks!
              Waited a nano second and then texted him they are safe and I will be bringing them to him! he called and said I about gave him a heart attack and was having to explain to office people why he had just said NOOOOOO out loud! Payback, kid. payback. He sure made my heart skip a few beats when he was a teen.
              Ok, I better go. I am taking a pan of chicken enchiladas to some friends for their lunch.
              Love you all!

Comment

Good evening .

laughing so hard Paula!... Love it ... pay back time indeed!!!!>.

Hi to all.. I got in a few extra hours sleep last night... Finally!!!... and today had a little reservoir of energy... so many cleanup jobs in various spaces.. trying to get the downstairs "house". tidy.. neat... and ready for son and Dil..visit.. plus it needed a good general 'throw it out ' day.
                ..... then just kept cleaning .the area under the deck has a swing. picnic table . and a new entry door.( we put in when we moved here .) scrubbed that all doorway all down. tidied up the rest of that area...... made DAvid a good dinner , now I can read read read..

JoG.. I have to make eye appointment , been 2 1/2 yrs.. but have to find new Dr. my long-time Dr. retired.. I too have had cataracts off both eyes. and plain implants.. so hoping I find someone who doesn't try to do anything but give me glasses..

I hear someone in the kitchen , David must be hunting to munch on... he pretty much eats One good meal a day and fills in the rest of the evening with fruit , or raw cabbage ,,any leftovers.. I do the same... I wanted to get some pounds off. to make the Knees happier. and so far have done pretty good. slowly losing.. like Elaine,John..all my slacks are to baggy . so investing in a couple of pr for the summer.for Church and just slopping around in the oldies for everyday..

Hi all.. see you in the morning .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I came back to see who all checked in later.
                  Paula, you are just too funny! Made my day. Tell him I heard that NOOOOOOOOO way over here! 😂
                  Maye, that's a good way to eat/diet. We call it "grazing". Except E doesn't seem to realize how much snacking he does. Then gets me sweets and stuff, he doesn't realize why I go through it so slowly. But I don't need the extra foods, although it's nice to know they're there.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X