Tuesday May 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday May 23rd

Good Morning! Yesterday turned into a gorgeous day. Not too sure about today so far. The furnace actually kicked on...again.

Yesterday was OK. I did get 3 kinds of cookies baked off, but my sugar level kept dipping too low. Which in turn made me feel really off all day. Hope today is better.

This morning I want to bake off the last kind batch of dough and maybe put finishing touches on a few of them. I've got 2 moms from Blaise's class coming here after lunch to start organizing our JA (Jr Achievement) Day stuff. Decide who is going to to what. I then want to mix up 3 more kinds of cookie dough.

Finally heard from Becca. She was suppose to be off Sunday, but apparently she got called in. This means she's going to be working at least 17 days in a row, maybe more once the June schedule comes out. This wouldn't be too bad, except there are 16 hr shifts mixed in there. She's young, but I know her. If she gets too tired, she becomes a super b***h. I pity those boys.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning, the sun is shining but it is deceiving its only 57 degrees outside, afraid we are going to have a short summer this year..The pool is open, we had the water man come and fill it back up, we lower the level when we winterize easier, cheaper and faster to have someone bring the water in...BUT, it is to cold for hubby to put the ladder in but I think today we will put the solar cover on now that the pool and water are where they should be.

Donna I could not begin to keep your schedule, the older I get the slower I go...like a turtle, slow and steady....

I changed the bed linens in our room yesterday, did a few more cabinets, a few loads of laundry, watered all my flower pots, cooked supper, then I was done for the day.

Haven't decided what is on my agenda for today, I really want to clean the windows inside and out, but hubby has to be available to help with that, they are tilt in windows but are just to heavy for me...also want to wash the curtains...we will see what I get accomplished..

Someone posted a recipe with large shrimp and other things on a skewer the other day, I printed it out but now have misplaced it, I bought the shrimp and now need the recipe again...grrrrrrr.

Well off to get a cup of coffee, decide something for breakfast and read the newspapers....

Hope each and every one of you have a good day...I so enjoy our friendships here, and so miss the ones no longer posting...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...It will be another wet day..Rain...
      I have supper in the crockpot..And get started on the sewing....
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That cookie looks so good!

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula A..Tell me about..It is real good one...

Hi!..

SassyGirl.... got a giggle out of cat paw.... how like a cat!!!!!..

Finally beginning to feel rested... two nights of fairly decent sleep.... I just can't take that many days of being on the go... Symphony, Graduation and then a Recital.. the only thing on schedule is D. dr. appt .Thursday... ( was hoping for a grease ball morning?.which is fun with Donna)

Hi Sharon,
      and all of you..

better find that other cup of coffee, get dressed and see what David wants to do.. see you later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,thank-you..He is one smart cat.....Me too..One smart cat.

Good Morning.

Well, this place would NOT let me in yesterday. Even got an email regarding IP address trying to sign in. Was not mine. This morning, all is back to normal. ???????

Speaking of windows and curtains - we did 3 rooms yesterday. Another bedroom and bathroom in the washer now. That leaves 2 more rooms with the most difficult curtains to get to. But we will DO it!

Better get busy. So glad I got back home. Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning...I am home die to be contagious. I went to urgent care after work yesterday. I thought for sure it was a sinus infection with ear and throat involvement. I totally off. I am dealing with strep laryngitis and sinus congestion. Sleeping a lot and eating popsicles.

Today sleeping reading and watching tv.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Beth, how miserable for you. Take care and get well soon.

Oh cookie, that is to much work for a kid young or not. Kids burnout too! Today I am meeting up with a friend for lunch but want to make it fast. I have Sierra bringing her friend back after her haircut and chore running this morning to help Jon set up the pool this evening. That means he will be here all day...but she claims she will do homework since she started her on line class yesterday...I may be old but I do not think I am that old! Last nights baseball game was a joke and a very long demoralizing joke at that! Started with the opposing team bitching about our bat sizes...yep held up the game to make his little stink which had to be handled by an 'official' coming to the field. Well, that joke was on him because if he would have waited to see how badly we played he could have saved himself a lot of energy and breath. We lost 20 to zippola and they did not enact the mercy rule. Being humiliated is one thing but being humiliated and freezing is another miserable story! Have spaghetti sauce simmering and used the last of the meatballs so will need to make more. Like having them on hand since both kids will eat spaghetti like pigs. The Disney bands came yesterday so the excitement builds for vacation. Jon was counting his days off before then and now and making a plan on what he needs to do. Probably all stuff he could have been doing on his days off all along but what type of a mother would I be if I complained about how my son spends his days off? Well, need to shower and dress since he has the porch guy coming back to check on some popping boards. Why is it every project we do has a problem even when we pay a pro to do it? And why does the guy always come when son is working so I have to handle said problem? Well, I have meet repairmen in striped flannels before (yes, flannels!!). Only today I do have someplace to go so better get started. On a side note, things are going great here with mommy dearest gone. Sierra is not missing her and accepting her place living here. She says it is wonderful to go look for food and there is something it eat. She and her dad have had some talks and we will see...no boohooing around missing her mother! But this boyfriend does set my teeth on edge...just not what I expected her to pick but once she settles in maybe she will grow up and look around. Have a good day...looking gloomy and I know it is cool or even cold out there!!

Comment

Oh, maxie, I know what you mean. We held our breath with our sons and their college girlfriends. And luckily, they moved on...nice girls, but as parents we could see some trouble ahead if they kept things going to marriage.
          Beautiful day out here and it should be just a normal Tuesday. After all I have said about he temperature, it never did get to 100 at my house. Stayed at 96* on my outside thermometer. I had water tubs and containers and measuring cups for the kids to use and be cool in the process.
          I am trying to use all the freezer food and clear things out. I have one very picky eater so it is a matter of creativity and putting peanut butter on the bread as well as butter...at least he is eating something..That boy would eat corndogs every meal!
          Well, I better get movng and start up the day. Hope yours are going smoothly and without too many hitches!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean corn dogs are not a staple? Andrew will be so disappointed! I cannot eat them myself but the kid devours them for his main AND salad course...

Good morning, everyone.
          It's gonna be a sizzler today, when we hit 100°! The weather forecast changes the temps every day lately, up or down by a few degrees. But we're staying about 5° below Phoenix, which is normal.
          A pool sounds nice, but I don't want to be the one to deal with it again. When we first came to AZ we had a house and full size inground pool. Funny how kids disappear when it's time to skim or clean the pool, saying "it's too hot to swim". Every July the trees saw to it that the water turned green anyway. I'd send a kid with a sample jar of water to the pool store; they'd test it and give me the right chemicals, and overnight it would clear up. But it was still a lot of work to keep filters clean, water skimmed, etc.

Elaine, I did post yesterday, but came back later and was locked out. It was weird. Maybe the powers that be we're updating something??? Or the cyber gremlins we're back.

This week will be busy. Three days away from home; going somewhere where there's a performance that E wants to see. I gather it's pretty funny. Then Sunday we're taking nephew & his wife to a local musical-comedy performance....their first non-medical outing since his motorcycle accident. I wouldn't have thought him ready yet and was about to cancel our reservations, but they want to go. I guess it's an incentive for him to work at getting better.

We got the nicest email from our grandson. He thanked us for being in his life, and for everything we've done for him. The encouragement in his endeavors and studies, explaining the importance of things for a better future. He was very eloquent. He's normally very quiet. Had I not heard his amazing toast at his sister's wedding, it would have been hard to believe he wrote this note of thanks to us. (This was the kid who sent an email once that had no capitals or punctuations, and half the wording was abbreviations I couldn't understand. I had asked him to translate it, and hadn't heard back from him since, til now.)

Paula, I like corn dogs, too. E won't eat them, so if I buy a box, they're all mine. Actually, I have a recipe somewhere for mini corn dogs which is tastier than the commercial ones. My kids used to love those, too. I made them lots of finger foods back when they were younger.

So, I guess I'll get my cups mocha, and get my day started.
          Have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon. Have to wait til Ellen to get home to get online since her phone is the hotspot. Went to GD ballgame yesterday and going to GS today.
            Last edited by determined; 05-23-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X