Good SUNNY MONDAY Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good SUNNY MONDAY Morning!

Good Morning! Let's get this post started.

Yesterday was nice. Didn't do a whole lot. Went to church & SS, then home to hang out for a couple hours before heading to my brother's. I brought the birthday cakes, my SIL made a salad, and my other brother brought a fruit platter. We bought pizza. That was our MD lunch. Kathy was SUPPOSE to come, but didn't. I met her at a local WM after we had lunch & did gifts. She brought him home later.

Funny thing. I saw this gadget called a Critter Catcher on FB. Found it on Amazon.com and bought 2...one for me & one for my SIL birthday. She LOVES it. Well she said both of the Moms would love one too, so she had me order them for her.....I have Prime. So anyways, there was a spider on the ceiling yesterday & my SIL got her catcher out & got it. Both mothers instantly said they wanted one for their birthdays that's coming up. So we watched Blaise open his BD gifts, then we gave the moms' their gifts. They were thrilled to find out they both got one of those Critter Catchers. LOL! I got my mom two cans of the hair spray she use to get at Lori's shop until she closed. I ask Lori if she could get me a couple cans from her supplier, which she did. It's nice when you can get them something they really want, instead of another pretty.

This morning I'll be heading over to the school for a training session for a JA (Junior Achievement) presentation we'll be doing in each classroom in June. I hope someone else volunteered to help in Blaise's class. Then it's home to work on this house & maybe some cookies. After today the temps are going to be up in the high 80's.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 05-15-2017, 07:36 AM.

Good morning. 😄
    Where is everyone else today?
    It's nice and sunny here too, and won't be as hot as the weekend was. 85° today (weekend was mid-90's).
    E brought me bright yellow tulips yesterday. Plus a single-late cake. Nice.
    I finally heard from all my girls yesterday, my son's wife sent a nice card, stepson we never hear from but I guess boys don't know how to communicate. 🙄

It's quiet around here. How do we get 200 kids at Halloween, and the rest of the year we are lucky to see a handful of kids outside playing?

Well, over the weekend I developed a summer cold, sore throat, mild sinus infection, sore tongue & chapped lips with a big cold sore. Tomorrow we are scheduled to see our PCP, and no doubt she'll say it's almost over and treatment not necessary. Needless to say I've been unable to eat much, and the "forced diet" won't hurt me. Times like this, the precooked foods in the freezer come in handy to throw together a meal for E. And he loves those meatloaf patties!

Not sure what today will bring.

Hope you all have a good day! ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well..looks like everyone is still recouping from their Mother's Day festivities! Mine was quiet...watched the Cardinals shut out the Cubs and then Jon grilled toward evening. I did, also, do quite a batch of laundry but that appears to be an everyday thing. Sierra texted yesterday and no, not the say Happy MD or even good morning but to say she needed me and my car Friday to haul the last of her things and her first night of living here will be Friday . Mommy Dearest is leaving bright and early Saturday morning!! Son and I are on the same page about not knowing how this will work. But it will work out one way or the other. It is so sunny and bright out with steadily raising temps this week until the rain comes back. I am afraid this rain will keep coming in and summer will be a wet cool disaster. We have had those miserable summers! Nothing much happening around here...need to plan a meal for tonight and something quick for tomorrow. Have a friend who just had surgery and I should make a visit but it is such a long drive. I think there are meatballs frozen so I could make a quick sauce for tonight. Then I could visit her and just have to boil spaghetti when I get home. Sitting here with you just fixed my day...thanks!

Comment

Good morning and just a quick note from me. I am late and not even sure why, other than I got up at 5:30 instead of 5:20...
        I got phone calls from both boys and a really nice Facebook message post from Stuart's family.
        Today will be a getting back to a regular schedule and doing the one gift with the child who didn't come on Friday.
        Our barbecue was so good! We had a pie from a restaurant for our dessert. And no spiders when ew opened (slowly) the lid to the barbecue.
        Hope you all are having agood day.
        Jo, sorry about the cold. It seems that is something that just keeps going around.
        I will be back later to read the posts that hopefully come in.

Comment

Morning...I am very very late today checking in from work while on break. Very very rough morning...over slept then lost my glasses. I slept the whole night with my t.v. on if it shut off I started having vivid nightmares.

I have a Long day today. I am working then grocery shopping...the volunteering a few hours in the office for the ride service I use.

Comment

good afternoon I guess..I was here earlier but this old guy I live with ,"needed" me ..his usual sentence,,, I can't Find.????? means,, come look for it NOW.. aggggg... and then I got distracted with laundry . lunch etc etc.

it is a gorgeous sunny day.... think I will go to the deck and just set and stare at the grass and trees.. ahhh.. spring at last.

had a nice Mothers day spoke to all 4 of kids.. 3 grandkids. too....

been up since 5.. time for a nap.. see you later.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good afternoon one and all.
              Jo hope the summer cold does not linger.
              Maxie, wouldn't it be nice to just wash 'Mommie Dearest' right out of your hair and life? I hope this all works out for the best...
              Maye I know exactly what you mean....told him how nice and clean the house looked each day, bed all made, no crumbs on the countertop, no dirty clothes in the floor, etc., etc...he said "and then the tornado hit", I said, "exactly"! He makes so much more work for me, its like I have to constantly be cleaning after him, nagging him, etc. I do not like it, makes me all tense..
              Bethina, hope your evening goes better..
              Paula sounds like a pleasant Mother's Day for you...and yes, do watch for spiders, black widows especially And for me it is carpenter bees that are driving me crazy outside...
              Well I stayed home yesterday, the mere thought of spending the day with Mother in law and her hubby was not the kind of day I wanted for myself...so hubby went, took them out for dinner, I had left over chili for my dinner...said sister in law struck again with her lies, and I was so angry, hubby said to me, which made me even more furious, "get over it"!! I know he is trying to keep the peace but what he needs to do to make that happen is to tell his sister to 'get over it"!! The chair she said her Mother liked but not know if she would ever use it, well Mother in law bought one herself....and said sister said "well I told Sharon to buy it because I am buying Mom a flower...liar, liar pants on fire, I saved the message and let hubby read it...
              So I have not been in a very good mood today, and my head hurts like crazy, and not many want to let me talk it out with them so I will say it here...
              Went and bought plants and bean seeds for my garden today, wanted to get some hanging baskets but did not like what I saw, so will wait on them, also need to buy my red/white/blue flowers before memorial weekend so I can make up my planters on each side of garage and put the small flags in them..

Well time to finish my grocery list, need to shop also...have a great evening one and all it is a beautiful day outside..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
              X