Happy mother's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy mother's day

Happiest of Mother's Day, to all you dear Moms. I admire each of you so much.

Church for us and home to watch ballgame.

Donna, CONGRATULATIONS to BECCA! That is so wonderful, and I loved what Jo said about your buttons.

Have a very special day, Everyone.

I will add my Happy Mother's Day to all. In some way I think we are all Mother's in the motherly things we do. No plans for the day, hubby will be going to visit with his Mother I just want to stay home...so that is what I will be doing..sure that will not please him, but it is my day to spend as I would like...so no special plans here..

Donna I'm sure you are swollen with pride and happiness for Becca...we have watched her grow into a fine young lady.

Have a great day one and all, hubby is up and talking to me hard to concentrate..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning ..

Nice to have them Honor all the Mothers... (BUT giving birth does not make you a Mom ... Its what you do with the child,Children , in your care.
      that make you Mom material)...There are many many "Moms" that run day-cares.... are counselors ...work with handicapped kids.. the invisible Moms in our society... and then there are the mothers who have 2-3 children .run a household, have outside job. and find the time to be a great Mom too... hooray for us Ladies!...

going to church.. then Home. no eating out , today .. will get pizza.. maybe share with Daughter and family..

CONGRATULATIONS to Becca also.. she worked hard to accomplish this!...

Hi to you all . be back later to read and comment.

Sharon.. a day at home.. yes!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning..never made it yesterday...was worn out from Friday...Slept and vegged out a lot!!! I didn't get to bed until after midnight on Friday night...was laying in bed around 9 Friday night and saw flashes of light in my bed egress window...so I got off the phone with my friend and called the non emergency police number found out from Dispatch the police were in my area...called my dad he said to go around back and check things out....so I stepped out the front door and realized the police were next door looking for some one. They got a lady as she came around the side of the house...I eventually came back inside for something and when I went back out on the front porch one of the officers came over and talked to me and come to find out it was their flash lights flashing in my window from next door...

Nothing planned for today..mom didn't want to go out so we are not meeting her today...she and I will go for pedis and coffee when she is here next.

Comment

Good morning, and a Happy Mothers Day to the Moms.
          Hope you have a wonderful day.

Yesterday, my dry throats turned into a sore throat, and my tongue even hurts, and I have a cold sore. I'm a mess.
          But I did get 4 cards, one which appears to be expertly hand made, a gift card, and an ecard as well and also handmade.
          Not bad. These are from my natural kids. The stepkids never send cards, but will either send a nice sentiment by email or call. The girls have expressed the most meaningful comments over the years: "Mom, I used to get so mad at you, but since then I've seen that you were right, I understand now.", "Jo, we used to make a lot of fun of your house rules, but now that I'm having my own child I understand, and will probably be 10 times stricter than you ever were!", "Mom, you once said you hope I have a dozen kids just like me.....well, I've got only two, but they feel like a dozen and it's hard to keep up. I apologize for those years." And they did very well with their offspring. 💖

Well, a very warm, sunny, and windy day ahead. It'll be a beautiful day between wind gusts, which will be stronger today than yesterday.
          We have no special plans today. E needs to do something with our TV antennas. Our favorite local channels get de-pixelated (if that's a word) and we can't get our favorite shows.

The A/C came on, and its way too early for that! I just moved it up to 80°, so it'll be okay til the temps reach 90° out there.

Well, I hope you have a beautiful day today, mom or not. And congrats to the grads!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all. Heard from both my boys and it is nice but like a lot of you I am looking forward to a do nothing day....and no cracks about how many of those i grant myself through the week! We had a wonderful time at the nephews yesterday..just hot dogs and vegan (blah) hamburgers but wonderful salads. When Kate found out I was house sitting over memorial day for her mom she invited herself to keep me company a couple of days. She is no problem to be around and probably needs something to look forward to since she is the midst of breakup. We both stay out of sun so will sit around the patio and read and eat. Jon said he may come down on that Saturday and my sister says if we are going to have a party she doesn't want to go to this stupid wedding. We told her she can be there in thought and to please have the fridge stocked for entertainment purposes. Her grands are adorable and the 3 year old crawled upon my lap to reach her plate. Been a while since I had a little one on my lap and it was sweet that she chose mine...then talked my leg off the entire time! Good thing my sister was there to translate! Ball game this afternoon and since there is some allergen in the air I will gladly stay in to watch it. Warm, sunny and heard from both boys so it will be a great day!

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all the Nurturers in this world who fulfill that Mothering role!
              I found three great tops yesterday. One made me talk outloud in the dressing room: Wow, this is cute! The lady in the dressing cube next to me said, I want to see! so I showed her and asked if she thought it looked good...We both agreed on it. There was a fun shopping attitude going on.
              Becky started to get the barbecue ready for today and found a huge black widow in the inside of the kettle grill area. I killed it when I got home from the grocery store and all is well. We will be opening the lid with caution from now on. They are just something you always have to check for around here. And I have pest control, but with the wind and trees there is no way you can spray and hope no spider blows in.
              My brothers and I bought a new super duper Kitchen Aid blender for my mother so she will get that when we eat today. They always call me for ideas and usually the one in Florida asks me at the last minute to let him go in on a gift so this year after seeing her very old plastic type blender I texted themand told them what I was buying and did they want to go in on it? They both jumped at it and had checks in the mail the next day!
              Jo, those are wonderful messages to get. Appreciation from kids is my favorite gift.
              Donna, give Becca my sincere congratulations, too! college is so much harder than when I went. Two of Becky's finals had to have Power Point presentations included. And one class the paper was to be done online and turned in by a very specific time.
              I have church and then home to relax and enjoy the day.
              Hope you all have a good day, good games and good food!

Comment

I'm glad to say I've heard from, in one manner or another, 7 of our 8 kids. The last one is stepson who never communicates anyway - so no news is good news there. E went out and brought home a tulip bouquet and cake for me,
                plus a few other groceries.
                Our "baby" (at 40+ yrs!) told me that she slept late, then her and her daughter went to brunch, then went to their ceramic shop and painted stuff that they'll get back when it's fired. Then she found 2 black kittens at a shelter, still considered feral.....they were from a gang of 48 cats taken from a hoarder's home. They're slowly helping them to adjust, and they chose her son's room for their "safe place". Eventually they'll venture out and learn to mingle with the old little dog and the ferrets.

Hope you all had a great day. G'night, everybody.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X