Thursday 5/11 One more Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 5/11 One more Day

Good morning...work yesterday was LONG! Today will be LONG! Its the day after a sale day today...it will either be a huge mess or very light quick clean up.

There was no one next door when I came home....hoping it stays that way.

This afternoon is my autism group.

Tonight Laundry and frozen pizza for supper.

Good Morning to all...another wet one out there...when it looks this dreary and wet outside it totally zaps my energy...I just want to stay in lazy day clothes, put the out the foot rest on the recliner, get a nice warm throw and watch some good movies, which also means falling asleep and missing parts of it, rewinding and do it again...

BUT, what I will do is clean out a few drawers and cabinets, have some baskets to use under the counters, makes it so much easier to find things, just pull out a basket and look, instead of reaching and they all fall down.. Did that in my cabinets with some spices...definitely easier to find..

My INR was low yesterday, why we have no idea, have not been eating the wrong foods, so will go back in 2 wks. instead of 3 wks. I also started another new medicine yesterday, Imuran for the Crohn's, seems I am not holding antibodies of the Remicade so they want a back up drug...Yeah me, and I also had Norvasc added because of blood pressure...getting older is not for sissy's for sure, your body and chemical make up change so much as we age...and I have become allergic to so many meds and other things, like the sun....

Any chemist out there that want to make and patent a shampoo and conditioner with a built in sunscreen with an SPF of 30 and higher? I detest wearing hats all the time. Well time to drink coffee and read the news, cats had me up at 5:00 a.m. they got fed and now they are both sound asleep, must be nice they have me trained so well.

Have a great day one and all we really do have a lot to be thankful for, instead of finding reasons to complain I need to find more things to compliment..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the organization speakers I heard said anytime you can create a drawer to pullout it will help. She said she does it in her fridege as well.

Good Morning! It's a wet dreary one out there. Just so long as it gets it all out of it's system by Saturday morning. Yesterday was very pretty.

Hey Maxie....yesterday was productive! After dropping off the pie at the doctor's office, I headed to the thrift store. Found something for all of us. I get several new tops. One I paid full price because I liked it so well, the rest were 1/2 off. Then it was onto Aldi's. How is it when you only need a few items, that your cart gets full and the bill is over the $20 you planned by a long shot? Thank goodness they take credit cards now.

Came home & got busy. Made up some more LL filling & finished the rest of the LL. Then it was onto the Oreo truffles. Mixed up another batch since I ran seriously short while scooping & rolling the batch the night before. I then dipped the rolled ones in chocolate. My SIL invited us to join them at Olive Garden for dinner to celebrate her birthday with them. We picked my Mom up along the way and then road with my brother & family. We had a nice time.

This morning I'm going to the bakery supply place & get 50lb boxes of shortening, lard, & margarine. Then it's onto Bible study. Not sure what this afternoon will bring. Probably laundry & rolling more Oreo balls.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi beth! Hi Donna! Hi Sharon! Hi All to Come!

Trash Day, Yay! I really cleaned out part of the pantry yesterday. Have a trash can full of expired stuff. I need to make a vow not to buy something just because it's on sale.

Another trip to town for chemo after lunch. Today it's chicken and dressing. Think I'll throw in some green beans.

Have an awesome day!

Comment

Well, good morning to all! My recycling trash had one thing they didn't want, so now I have to find out how to get rid of a metal pipe...
        I filled both trash containers and got rid of a lot. I love that! Monday and Tuesday are the best weekdays as I have only 1 toddler who likes to sit and play in the little car. The days the other toddler is here is not that easy. jI have to shadow him the whole time.
        I have a plumber coming this morning...my own stupid mistake, too. I put sticky rice down the disposal! By dinner time the sink was not draining and both sides were a mess. He said rice and pasta swell up. He has been here once before and knows I am a daycare, so said he will squeeze me in and get here either first or as close to it as he can.
        Chicken and dressing and the green beans sound like a great plan for me, too, Elaine. I have all the chicken I cooked up but didn't need for the Hawaiian haystacks yesterday and your meal plan will work for us, too.
        Getting the Mother's Day gifts done up this year has been an ordeal. I had two kids out yesterday and one will not be here until tomorrow. Down to the wire...
        It will be in the 70's here today! 20* cooler than Tuesday. But nice except I was going to go swimming or at least try the pool yesterday, but as it was already cooling down and there was too much of a breeze, I put it off. Any breeze while you are wet in the pool just makes it cold to me.
        I hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good rainy morning...1.5 last night and I do not know how the Cardinals fared since cable went out in the 8th inning. So I rolled over to call it a night and ended up taking a nice nap so I have been up all night. Going to be a long day! Yesterday I got a haircut and as soon as I sat in the chair my girl started crying and she cried through my entire haircut. She was fine with the previous customer but sobbed on me. I have had my hair cut by this lady for almost 30 years so I guess you develop a familiarity plus her girls have gone to school with Sierra and played on the same sport teams. Her entire family has been affected with a suicide of a former boyfriend of her eldest daughter and they feel so much guilt and grief. What do you say? Hope she is better today. Cookie, today will not be a productive day around here. Going to finish up laundry and leftovers for supper. Be nice to have the fridge cleaned out. We have decided the rabbits are killing the hostas and I bought some highly recommended fox urine granules. Boy do those stink but then the rains came so I guess that was washed away. It might be cheaper to rope a fox and have him staked out than that container of whatever they smeared with urine and sold me. I am so tired of trying to keep them alive! They are giant hostas and grow along the foundation on the side of the house. They just fill the entire area and were beautiful until they were the meal of choice for some rotten rodents. We went from cute bunny to rabbit and palenta in 24 hours. Andrew has had no homework all week so looks like the teaching is over for this year with next week still to go. I am not complaining but wonder why the teachers have quit so early. Leaves more time for us to read. We had not read yet when his mom came for him last night and he called down for her wait until he read a chapter. i thought that would have been a cue for her to come up a listen but she stayed down and talked with Jon. Today is Sierra's last two finals and she is finished in Springfield. That has been a long haul for her all winter and now she will be 10 minutes from campus living here. Ain't it the truth that getting old is not for the weak. I take very few meds but anything with a joint aches and I am slowing down. Since I had skin cancer I wear hats and sunscreen all summer and I am not a hat person either so your idea of the sunscreen shampoo is wonderful Sharon. Beth you manage to stay busy and seems like you like your job even with the additional work from sales...you are always on the go. Elaine, you clean more than anyone I know. Today the family is going to clean out the leftovers and I feel that is an accomplishment even though there will now be no food in the house! Happy day to all of you...What ever happened to the days of slow gentle rains? Why suddenly is it an inch or two at a time? I truly believe the weather is changing. Another cool, rainy summer will not be welcomed here..

Comment

good but wet morning.

Donna , how did we miss each other? ...I did the same two stores. and same thing .. needed 3 things at aldis and spent $30 ... but loaded up on things that only can get at Aldis.. as we don't always go that direction to shop... I too hit the 1/2 day at thrift store . got two pr. slacks.. all my other clothes are so baggy... loved losing the weight. but you can't tell it in my baggy slacks.. not going to buy any New things. I see you are getting ready for more grease balls.. .

just down and across the road two houses. , they tore down old house. dug a new basement and today are getting ready to set a double-wide modular home ,.. huge crane. many men.. and I want to watch ..the house is on foundation.!!!.. was just amazing to watch.....they now have to connect and get the joints sealed ...

well, that took lots of time .. so far only living got the sweeper run...
            better read who else is here
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good afternoon.......or evening to those in the Midwest.
              Not a good day for me......I woke at 4 a.m. With a pain in my chest. I need up sleeping the day away.
              I couldn't get warm! E covered me with a Red Cross wool blanket, my big fuzzy blanket, and my big fuzzy robe.
              I finally got warm, but then he thought I had a fever, but I told him I finally got warm. I think I'll just have plain soup or broth for dinner. I've had only herbal peppermint tea (2 cups from the same bag) this morning.
              Tomorrow I should be back on track, I think.

I've been a bad wife, I guess, leaving E to forage for his own food today. But he managed.

You should see our beautiful pistach tree. It's got nice dark green leaves, but the new growth have red-orange leaves.
              E has been watering our trees these days; I showed him how to look for "thirsty leaves" so the trees all look quite nice.

See you guys all tomorrow, I guess.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X