Most call it hump day I will just stick with Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most call it hump day I will just stick with Wednesday

Good Morning no sun yet but I'm optimistic....

Got a whole bunch of laundry done yesterday, three beds striped, washed and back together, put on the lightweight summer blankets, did some other laundry, sorted out hubby's shoes, he never throws any of them away, I on the other hand have no problem doing it, LOL...won't he be surprised? Also bought him a shoe organizer and hung it...so much better.

Also stopped by a shop and got my hair cut really short...nice for summer..easy peasy..

Have an appt. for my INR levels so I will get me some coffee, read the news and get this day started...

Have a wonderful, wonderful day one and all..

And jostoy, welcome back..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning...Hoping today is a little bit less drama filled.....Work was fine...volunteering was fine...Daddy was here to cut my grass...

Anyways I left my phone at the volunteer site..so my friend that brought me home let me use hers to call and Maggie was bringing me mine at 6. I thought that daddy had been here and left. So I layed down for a little nap while I waited for Maggie....well daddy came and told me what he found out while cutting the grass....The house next door the one that is not supposed to have people in it let alone staying in it...some one that is staying there or visiting had run an extension cord to my outside power outlet....They have blown a breaker in my house twice. Daddy didn't want to leave for home with out me having my phone so he took me to get it...and I called cops...They came and tried to contact the people at the house no one would come to the door..we know that there was people in the house my neighbor across the road watched the go from the garage the house when the cop pulled up...so they unplugged cored....and because they couldn't find anyone there was nothing that could done so we have to wait to see if it happens again and if it does I have to call the police back out...as of last night there was still no cored plugged into the house and I hope it doesn't happen agian...

I didn't sleep very good last night...fell to sleep a bit on edge....worrying about what else they might try to my house if they are crazy enough to steal my electricity....we know that it was happening for at least a week....

Comment

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..Early bird get the worm....

One my kittys had pair of lungs..."Meow"...Too early..
      Going to the store to get more kitty food.
      I am geting my hair cut too..My hair looked like a mop..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Today will be grocery shopping, and may run the small vaccum over my floors. Am a little tired and sore from trying to catch up on everything. Makes me wonder if vacation is worth all the hard work when you get back. Still have another week to go in the near future (June).

Hope all have a good day.

God grades on the cross, not the curve.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I used your Ralph Waldo Emerson quote about the task before us is never as great as the power behind us on Facebook for a couple of friends having a hard time. Such a great quote! Thanks

Good SUNNY Morning! This may be the last for a while. It was SUPPOSE to be sunny all week, but something happen to that. Would you all pray that Saturday is nice, please?

Yesterday was very productive. Found one more can of Evap. Milk, so I got to make a triple batch of LL filling. So as Sue cut & rolled on the dough to the clothespins, I baked, removed, & filled the LL. We had a good system going. I needed 25 doz & got 26 1/2 doz. 1/2 doz broke, so I've got an extra doz to give them. There were only 2 trays left to bake off when she left. We did good. I also got the Oreo truffles mixed up and rolled into balls to freeze. I needed 20 doz & only ended up with 13 doz, so will have to buy more cookies today.

I also spent time getting Becca's graduation details completed. Come to find out she didn't send in a form, so they didn't know she was coming. She emailed me the form, and I got it filled out & faxed back to her. I also called the Book Store and got her cap & gown ordered, and waiting for her to pick up. A mother's job is never done. I wouldn't have done all this if she wasn't working full time plus overtime.

I did called the State Police to see if there were any accidents overnight that would explain the car tracks through our yard. There wasn't, but he came out and filed a report. I don't think it'll do any good, but it's on the books. Cork said it wasn't as bad as it looks as far as the tracks being deep. We don't know how the car didn't tip over while driving along the steep hill before getting back out on the road.

This morning I'll be heading into town to deliver the Strawberry pie to the doctor's office. Then it's onto Aldi's and maybe the thrift store. Once I get home I plan to make up more filling and finish the LL, and then make the rest of the truffles. I'll dip the frozen ones in chocolate. If I get everything done, dipped, and bagged up, the wedding order will be complete. Whew!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, Friends.

Nothing to report. Trip to town everyday for chemo, so it kind of makes it crazy to get organized. Laundry for sure and cooking lots of veggies for lunch. Rangers won their ballgame, so it made the day a little better LOL. If you spend 3 or more hours watching something, it's always better if the ending is positive.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Donna, that filling for the LL is the Best! Is the wedding having a cookie table?
            It is nice out and I have to get out there and clean up the yard. I forgot and didn't close the daycare gate and the dogs Love the grass yard...so I need to takeout the doggie bag and cleanup.
            It could be a stressful day because I have a dinner for the missionaries at 6:00 tonight but I think I have my schedule worked out. All the kids will be here today and that is another reason I have to get moving; I will cook the chicken this morning and then the rest this afternoon. Hawaiian haystacks. last time I made it I used Uncle Ben's brown rice and it wsa not as good as using sticky rice. I bought more of the sticky rice (Hinode brand) and will use the rice cooker for it.
            The trash has already been by and I can start on more cleaning out and clearing up. My shed looks amazing!
            Bethina, prayers for you and just stay away from those people. Sooner or later they will get themselves in enough trouble and you will be rid of them.
            Welcome back, jostoy!
            Sharon, just changing out one bed and linens is enough work for me. You are pretty busy for a week on your own. Enjoy some quiet time, too.
            Hope you all have a good day and see the sun! Just not the 90* stuff we are having!

Comment

Good morning to you early birds, and all who follow!

Good news from yesterday's doctor appointment. First I was surprised that the nurse called me to come in two hours early! I wondered if it was bad news, but it turned out there were some cancellations and they were getting bored!
              The good news was that the bone marrow biopsy revealed no changes, the fibrosis has not accelerated at all. Also, my blood work showed that the blood counts that were high had lowered, and the ones that were low came up. And I have not been on any treatments for any of my conditions, and I should keep on doing what I've been doing because everything is looking good. I'll have my quarterly follow ups to keep everything in check. But if I have any bad symptoms to call the Cancer Center immediately and he will make time for me right away.

No big plans for today. I'll have to go pick up my dress at the tailors shop and that's it.

Meanwhile, as I typed this, the sun has come over the mountain, and we'll be up 10° to 73 today. Yesterday was cold, and we got rain much of the day, from sprinkles to downpour, and I found it cold enough to wear my heavy sweater. The Cancer Center had A/C running because it broke again and was equally cold indoors, so I had an additional blanket to stay warm. I switched my sweater for a light denim jacket when I got home. A warm meal (hot dogs & baked beans) and hot chocolate warmed me for the evening. Today will be much nicer.

The only thing I have to get done here is cook up those meatloaf patties I didn't get to yesterday.

Beth, be very careful around those next door neighbors. I wonder if they have a police scanner to know ahead of time they were coming and why. Keep your doors locked when you're home alone.
              Cookie, that's an awful lot of baking! You're amazing.

Well, guess I'll make a bit of oatmeal for myself today. The morning is chilly right now.

Have a good day. ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

A bright sunny and warm morning here...Rain later today and tomorrow. Yesterday was very productive...ha Donna, bet you never thought I would say that!, but after getting all that stuff done I didn't have anything left to do so took a nap and the pork chops didn't get in the oven so supper was late. So much for organization and getting up early and being productive. My family would rather I be a lazy slug and get their food out on time! I got my supper put together before 8 A.M., ran to the DMV, got a pedi, ran the vac, dusted and it was nice to get all that done...but after getting my haircut today I have nothing to do. Andrew threw a fit about reading but on his own he read an extra chapter and even stopped to talk about something he had read then he ran down to tell his dad about the facts he had learned. That is a major break threw for us to have him that interested in a book. it is about motorcycles and he knows a lot about that stuff and it was just a red letter reading day for us. I have one on monster trucks put back so maybe he will retain some interest. Told him after we finished it and then reread it he could take it home to read to mom. Meatloaf tonight and I guess mashed potatoes if I have enough...Vegetable market is now open so could stop by there on my way home and see what fresh veggies they have. Watched the Cardinals play last night and guess I am over mourning the Blues. It was a good come from behind game and I enjoyed it...need to get moving and dressed. Will get gas and hit the bank before getting my haircut then drive back here to visit the veggie stand. Gotta get supper on the table on time or the masses will really turn on me tonight!

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great news about Andrew which reminded me of my oldest when he was in grade school, he hated to read but we all know you have to do it, so when he went to the library he picked out books about sports, people in sports, etc. Received a note from the teacher that she didn't like his choice of reading material and suggested that "I" take him and guide him to something more educational....Well "I" went to the school instead and ask for a conference with her and proceeded to ask her if she was made to check out a book she didn't like would she be able to enjoy it and comprehend what she was reading? Or would she rather pick a book that interested her? Well after that no more notes coming home and he got A's in reading...and she actually admitted that I was right and how much his reading improved...

Good Morning,

have putts away the last couple hours. updating my "book" files.. when you read as much as I do I had to keep a record .so I would not be re- reading same book .....
                I have a loose leaf notebook I put the names of Authors and books and date when I read a book...keep a pencil list on my night stand. and then transfer all to computer... and to notebook. when the notebook pages get to "full" or sloppy.. I reprint from the computer file.. sounds like a lot of work but isn't if I keep it up to date. ..take the l.l. notebook to the library with me.to scan the shelves.. I have no problem Not reading a book. first chapter or two , I know whether its worth the time , if not. ,just return it..
                I have been a real reader since I was about 10. had to slow down when the kids were all home and life was very busy.. but once D. retired . I got library cards. then along come computer and EBOOKS... yea..no, I don't watch hardly any TV..

so enough about me..
                Sharon.. enjoying a few days home alone I see!!!
                Bethina, you sound happier.. and what a discovery . yeap you call police if there is any more monkey business next door!
                Hi Elaine.. Chemo everyday.. poor John.. does it make him sick. ?

SassyGirl.. I too have a cat that talks to us.. and I understand her different "meows"... and her body moves.. if she hears ( before we do) a car pull into the driveway.. she goes into a slink /attack mode and goes to the door....a little distant sounding meow is the >open the door to the porch please"..and a persistant, louder meow . with grabbing your clothes is ..."get me a Treat ,NOW".. thanks for sharing your kitties with me!

so hi to you all .. later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maye I am enjoying my time alone, should I feel guilty about that? Just wish I could make live and onions...after my low INR reading today that most definitely will not be happening...don't know why I have not been eating things I shouldn't...

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maye,They do...My kitty are late bloomers..I trying to understand his "Meow"..I understnd his his body moves..She is one smart cat..Mine do not like people..I like that..lol..Attack..She is persistant kitty..She want it "NOW"....Any time....
              Working...
              X