Tuesday 5/9/17 One day Closer to Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 5/9/17 One day Closer to Friday

Good morning...work yesterday was way better than Friday....we all got a little bit of lecture about the way we are treating each other and our aditudes....We are working really short right now...Some of that is our fault we had a couple team members quit because of the way they were being treated or things they were being told.

The lady that was so mean to me on Friday apologized...

Today I will volunteer in addition to work....then come home and just rest and do some laundry...Cori had me up almost every hour last night or seemed like it...she is sound to sleep now...the brat!!!! I want her to be awake like she kept me last night but I will be nice!

Daddy will be here today to cut my grass....I may go to my parents on Saturday evening and come back Sunday evening....to Spend mother's day with my mother and we may go see my granny. I am not sure yet. I am taking my mom at a later date for a pedicure but she wants to wait to let her ankles heal some and I am ok with that.

Hey Peeps time to rise and shine Today, 08:00 AM

Good Morning, the sun is shining that makes me feel good all over, still pretty cold outside but the sun looks beautiful...

Is it me or do we seem to be having smaller number of people here, keeps up and we might not even have this place, do we have another place we can gather that is private that doesn't cost money?

Just thinking ahead...the names and numbers are getting smaller but I would hate to lose contact with all that do show up here...

I have started the chore of getting all the bed linens off the beds and washed, also putting on the lighter weight blankets for warmer weather....bought some new sheets and want to get them washed today also...my next buy is going to be towels and washcloths, wish I could find some that doesn't have such a big band area that ruins a towel, would just love to find some solid terrycloth ones..

Hubby and son say it is so cold where they are at fishing and the wind makes being in the boat a bit 'rocky', said son does not like being on the water when it is so rocky, can't blame him..

Well time to get off of here and continue with the cleaning...cause if I sit here to long nothing will get done..

Have a great day one and all, its a good day to be alive..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

The sky must be getting ready to fall with me up and moving so early. I am going to give this a try and see if I don't get more done in a day. I am awake very early mornings but do not get moving and today I have a lot of moving to do. To get anywhere around here requires a lot of driving. Today I need to go to the DMV for license renewal for both cars and then want to get walk-in pedi. Plus Andrew ate corn dogs for supper last night so I need to do much better than that today. Jon fixed himself some 'stuff' and I had left overs and Andrew wanted to get out into the neighborhood so didn't eat until much later and fixed himself a corn dog when he came in. That was a pretty crappy meal so must do better today. Pork chops over wild rice and a big salad. But I have to get it put together this morning before I leave. I read about all you ladies do in a days time and feel like a lazy slug. The only way to stop that is to do something about it so today is day one of getting up and moving! Tomorrow is a hair cut and with that drive it takes a big chunk of the day. To get anywhere from here you have to drive a distance and I have already turned down lunch with the school chums next week. That drive would have taken me an hour and half and that is ridiculous. I do not enjoy those lunches anyway and figure if they wanted me there they would make them more centrally located. Well no sense getting up early and making all these plans if I am going to still waste time on the computer drinking coffee. I am off to start cooking and plan to be out of here around the time I am usually rolling out of the sack!!

Comment

It is going to be another sunny day here...from now on I will just post if it isn't a sunny day. If I am watering, it means sun and heat are coming in.
        I have the water on out front in one of my hard to get areas. At least at this time of the morning (6:30) there aren't many out to see that it always runs off a bit.
        Ok, yesterday was good because the kids loved the way everything was not back in its place in the small bedroom. I was going to get it all back while they were here, but with they were playing and using the space, I lhad some different ideas and will arrange it today. I am not someone who changes the furniture around. If it works...Gary was the one who would just start changing it (usually when I was gone and getting our kids to Surprise Mom!) He would do the same indaycare: getting any of the older kids we had after school and have a great time clearing out books, toys, etc. It came from years of classroom end of year and beginning of the year room configurations. He loved to get the desks rearranged and things like that. I wish I had that vision.
        I have been attacking the outside shed again. I have to clear enough space for whatever I can't find closet space for inside. Between the storage unit and my DISH bill I am determined to lower them radically. In the case of storage, I am just going to get rid of it.
        Becky has one week left of this semester. Yesterday she had two presentations for finals, one in Political Sci and one in Women's Studies. She decided to do them both without notes and said it went well. She is not a relaxed public speaker so this was huge for her. It was a very nice, relaxed evening here last night with that stress done with!
        I have to get moving and get this day opened and lights turned on. Hope your day goes well whatever time zone you are in!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Got home Friday evening from Branson. But let me tell you, Thursday evening I still didn't know if we were going to make it home or not because of all the flooding. I 44 East was closed for 4 days, and that was the route that I was bringing home. With that much flooding and not knowing the terrain in Mo., I didn't feel like I should leave the main highway. Anyway, when I got up Friday morning, and checked the MODOT web site, lo and behold, they had opened I 44 East.

​I don't think I have seen that much water out of the river and creek banks before. Fields were turned into lakes all the way home. And I'm not talking about a small depth of water either. You could see how high the water was, based on the electrical line poles and trees. And don't even talk about the wind I had to contend with. It took both hands on the wheel to try and keep the car straight down the road.

​But even with the rain going down, and the worry of getting home, it was a great time. My sister-in-law and I saw an average of 2 shows a day. We enjoyed the whole time, and as Sharon says, we didn't let any grass grow under our feet. We would leave the condo in the morning and wouldn't get back until around 10-10:30 each night. Did get to see the production of Moses, which is great. If you are ever near a Sight and Sound Theatre, go see whatever production they have on. In Oct. they will start the Nativity, and next spring will be Samson. They change shows every 6-9 months. The act is just wonderful and they have the wrap-around stage. Be sure to get balcony seats if you ever get a chance to go. If you set on ground floor or up close to the stage, you wouldn't get to see everything well. They use live animals in their productions and even the characters walk down the isles.

​On Saturday, L's. brother and sister-in-law came so we went out to lunch and then to some antique shops here in town. They are the ones who told L. about the University down there that served lunch and dinner. Again that was so nice a atmosphere , and the kids who go to school there work off their tuition. It is the Ozark University, but is know as Hard Work U because each student works 15 hours a week and is required to work 1 40 hour week a semester. They limit the student population to 1500. They raise their own food that is served in the dinning room. Great meal that we had, the kids were so nice and pleasant. I over tipped because I knew the kids could use a little extra money.

​So, those who go on vacation, know how much work is to be done when you get back home. I'm still not quite caught back up, but almost. While I was gone, E's. big mower wouldn't start so on the way to a Dr. appt. yesterday, I stopped by to take the battery out so we could go get her a new one when I got back from Vincennes. After putting in the new battery, we started mowing her yard. I noticed a "bar" hanging down in the front of the mower that I was using, so I had to stop and fix that mower. Eventually we got all of her mowing done.

​Today I have some computer to do then weed eat around my house and drive. Then I think I'll have everything done.

Will say to all...have a good day.

We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• bethina
            bethina commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been to sight and sound theater for the Cbristmas nativity show. It was amazing!!!

Good morning, friends.
          E said we were getting sprinkles of rain yesterday afternoon. It was certainly light enough that I couldn't tell, and I was not inclined to go outside to check.
          I cooked up the whole package of chicken breasts, and made Chicken Fried Chicken. But no gravy...we get plenty of carbs as it is. I have enough for 2 or 3 meals left, which is in the freezer. We had the chicken with rainbow carrots and salad.
          Today I want to make meatloaf patties again. Some of those in the freezer will take the work out of meals as well. And I'll soon be repeating Sharon's sausage patties, which are sooooo good...as soon as I can find the other package of ground pork.

This afternoon is my doctor appointment with the head oncologist/hematologist, and get the results of my bone marrow biopsy! He, the cancer doctor, and the surgeon are all in the same unit at the Cancer Center. Convenient, that they work together as they do. My daughter and my brother told me I need to quit supporting the doctor's and their sports cars. 😂
          Pity they don't understand that some conditions are never cureable, but can be controlled. Right now I'm glad to say everything seems stabilized, I'm not on any major medications for my conditions, and I feel very, very lucky about that.

Sharon, I think we are down on the number of postings here. Please let's not move to Facebook. I'm getting spam mails again. I need to figure out why I get Facebook notices, but am unable to reply.....I'm not Facebook savvy.
          Had to delete Punkin's posts to get rid of one of her friend's nasty posts, a while back. Sorry, Punkin. But I think you were aware of her unkindness at the time.

Well, I need to shower and do what needs to be done here.
          The high temp here will be only 64° today, so will have to dress for cooler weather.

Have a great day! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

Hey,Sharon, I'm here!... I just move slower and slower in the mornings,,, never was a "morning" person and it gets worse as I get older.... IF I HAVE to be up and packed to go somewhere early, I CAN do that.. but I do prefer to set and drink coffee . and maybe read a bit.. ( but not talk or be talked to.) so if I am late getting here Sharon,, you know what I'm doing ...... and hope I don't forget to come in later to read and chat.

Jostoy, happy to hear you got home safely.. wow , what a ride home..! it must be a holy mess out in Missouri... Daughter and family were to Branson last year ..seen the Moses presentation... I would love all those too. but the walking would do me in.. dang, this getting old is a nuisance.

Hi Bethina, Maxie..( you can come cook for me ).. Hi Paula.,( busy lady).. ...
            Hi Elaine, hope John is doing good .( and please let someone chopped the weeds,grass down for YOU)..

better go check that load of laundry I put a while ago.. see you all later..

Ps.Hi JoG.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning!

Well, it's been fun already. I made bran muffins, and the recipe made 8, so I decided to try a ham and egg cup, which I see all over FB. Piece of ham in the cup, break an egg, cook same amt of time as muffins. I don't eat eggs, so handling them sometime is challenging. BUT ~ ~ ~

All went well, but I see John pulling the ham out from under the egg in the dish I served it in. He thought it was paper. OMG! Anyway, he ate it and enjoyed it, and the muffins were AWESOME!

Washing bedding today and then to town for chemo injection at 2p, Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning! It's a beautiful sunny day here....LOVE IT!!!

Yesterday was good. I baked & iced 22 doz (44 doz actually) wafer sandwich cookies. Mixed up a triple batch of Ladylocks dough. Popped over to my cousin's to pick up my cell phn that I left at my SIL the other night while playing cards. Had a nice chat with her & Aunt J since she was there too. Took spaghetti sauce out of the freezer & we had spaghetti & salad for dinner. Blaise & I are reading a Wimpy Kids book together. I read 2 pages & he reads 2 pages.

This morning when I was taking Blaise out to the bus stop, I noticed someone drove down into the middle of our yard & back up & out. Down in the middle it's very wet from all the rain & they left rather deep ruts. Of course left w/o saying anything. Puts my panties into a bit of a twist. How RUDE!!!!

Not long after Blaise got on the bus, Sue arrived. She rolled the dough & twisted the strips on the clothes pins, and I removed them once baked & filled them. We had a good flow going. I still have a few dozen to fill once they are done baking. Sue left after she was done with her part. Think I'll mixed up the Oreo truffles, and get them chilling. Once chilled, you shape them into marble sized balls, then freeze them. Then tomorrow I'll dip them all in chocolate. I'll then be done with the wedding order. Today we had to make 25 doz LL, the cookie yesterday was 20 doz, the maple twists last week were 15 doz, and the truffles are 20 doz. The wedding I did last year she ordered around 20 different kinds of cookies totally about the same as this order. I liked doing this order better.

Glad you are back Jostoy!!!! JoG....did you check out those capri's?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yes, cookie, I did check them out. I found a pull-on style that I liked. No buttons, no zippers, no ties.
                  I plan or order them in the next day or two, when E goes to the gym and I won't have interruptions. 😉
                  Thank you for the heads up on that!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X