Monday Morning, beginning of a new week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning, beginning of a new week

Good Morning to all that pass this way today or those that are behind the scenes..

Why is it that the cats wake you up at 4:30 a.m. then by 5:30 a.m. they are sound asleep and you are wide awake...yes they do control me, they own me, etc.

Don't know what my day has in store other than getting the bills paid and laundry, but for sure something will come up....can't believe it is only 36 degrees outside, after being in Hawaii and Ga with temps in the high 80's this is such a let down...I am ready for some serious May weather...warmth.
    At least things are really turning green, and some of my plants even have flowers on them, well they did yesterday, hope the nasty cold does not kill them out...coral bells always survive not sure about my wigela time will tell.

Well time for some coffee and the news, catch ya'll later.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning!! Heading to work in a bit...Hoping for a better day than Friday...One of my coworkers is completely pissed at me and made my work day bad on Friday...Mad for something I didn't even do...and wouldn't believe me when I denied it...She can apparently be pretty mean...She is the one that complains about my department...I have bent over backwards to do things her way and keep the piece and thought we were friends....oh well will see how today goes...

Going to my favorite pizza place for lunch and getting some groceries after work....I may or may not call a taxi to come home from the store....depends on how much I end up getting...I really do need quiet a bit so it may be a cab day....or I might just get enough that i can carry it and walk from the bus stop...I did switch purses so I won't have to carry it...I switched to my cross body...

If you have a keurig coffee pot I highly reccomend the iced tea pods..They are a bit pricey but I really really like them...perfect for me as I drink one big glass of tea a day and prefer it fresh....

I will come home from errands and work ..and take a small rest...need to be ready by 630. I have a members meeting at church tonight and one of my friends is joining the church.

Comment

Good Morning.

Well, it is 58 here, headed to 85, so no worries about needing warm weather.

I must have lost my mind when I told our nephew we would help him freeze butter beans and purple hull peas. I never dreamed he would show up here with 5 bushels. They were shelled at least, but it took the 3 of us all afternoon, and my freezer drawer is full. We really put the Food Saver to the test, but it came through perfectly! BTW, I hate peas, and I'm the one who did the blanching! However, this was not a job for one person, and I glad we could help.

Well, blood test this morning and then we'll know what happens next.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Took Blaise down to Kathy's for the afternoon. Came home & started prepping stuff. Made Corky his pasta to take to work and munchies for cards last night. Did up the weekend's laundry. Took a nice power nap. We had fun playing cards.

Blaise has been petrified of dogs since the neighbor's dog attacked him last summer. Well Kathy's housemate has a medium sized dog & Blaise was so afraid. Well by days end he was hugging the dog & sad to leave it. Progress!

Today is a baking & mixing up day. I have to bake off the wafer sandwich cookies, then mix up the Oreo truffles & Lady Lock dough. Tomorrow Sue is coming to help me bake off the LL. Once I get all those cookies iced, filled, & dipped, I'll have my wedding order finished. One load off my mind.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning

except its very chilly.. which makes the joints hurt.. ( especially ankles)... Sunshine promised for all day .. just not going to get super warm.

will be heading for the Library today... returning ... hunting more...then maybe get a few groc.. , visit the Dollar store.. .fascinating day huh?.

Elaine. too bad I don't live closer, I love Peas.. and would have been a great helper!...
          Bethina, sure hoping you have a better day today.
          Sharon,, Our house is controlled by a cat too... K.D,Kat almost speaks English.. it is amazing to see, for the first time ,a cat that DAvid likes and communicates with...

Hi SassyGirl.. and all you who stop by... and typed faster than I have.. see you later.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning! And it isn't windy, yet, so that makes for a great morning!
            Yesterday when I said After church nothing planned...good thing I didn't go anywhere because I totally forgot I had someone coming over to paint the daycare bedroom. And he was running late so it didn't get finished until 7:00 pm. That was with him out the door after packing up his stuff...he is a friend of my kids whose life hasn't gone so well. He has started up a handyman business and I am glad I had some business for him. Anyway, then after heleft I had to get the room back into some kind of working order. That room doesn't have anyone in it for nap time until Wednesday so that gives me some time to decide how to arrange things back in there. I want to do the toys in there differently and change out the crib. I had a fan going in the room to help it really dry and also to get rid of the paint odor, which isn't that strong...
            Donna, I envy the recipients of those cookies! and Elaine, I wouldn't even know how to take care of the peas and beans. I love hearing about all you do for others!
            I have to get going...still thigns to do in the daycare and time to start!
            have a good day and make things happen!

Comment

We are on a roll with sunny mornings! Suppose to even warm up but then more rain by midweek. A/c was back on running yesterday and it made the house to cool for me but it beat having the furnace run. Well, my Blues fought gallantly but lost yesterday so now it is time to turn my attention to baseball. I have been watching baseball but it will take me a day or so to get my heart fully into the season. Hockey is over for me until October. Appears Sierra is not moving in this week but will wait unto the mommy leaves May 22. I do not care and her father does not care but how come we have all this running around to get her settled when she is not even living here? And when you tell her something she acts like you are making that up...like a change of address form. Her mother is leaving the state...duh...who does she think will forward her mail? The mail fairy? No, he will be to busy helping the junk fairy haul all this old crap she insists on saving. Nothing going on around here...guess I'll shower and start some laundry. Hopefully the day's running will all be on Jon but I know he is tired of running with Sierra on his days off. He never gets two in a row off unless it is his weekend off so time to do his own thing is short. High in the 80s today so think I will drag my capris back out and wish summer would stay until October and end just in time for hockey season to start again!

Comment

Good morning.
                I really need to quit reading in the evenings. We watch about 2 hours of TV, then plan to read for an hour before bedtime. But then time disappears. Instead of heading to bed at 9, then it's suddenly 10:30 or 11 o'clock. I did make myself a cuppa tea and a toaster waffle with apricot jam. But I wake at about 6 a.m.

It's 55° out right now, heading up to 75 today. But it's sunny out there. The chance of rain is a mere 20% today, which most often means none, or a few sprinkles at best.

No plans in particular for today. The usual chores are non-ending.
                I can make pasta tonight in some form or other. Or I can prep some meats I've got thawing in the fridge and make whole meals. Depends how I feel at days end.
                I have a load of delicate clothing to wash. E is proud he learned to sort and wash clothing. But I don't let it sit in either the washer or drier for hours. I don't like how they come out at the end. It's not the same!

Yes, cats can control a house! I still miss my cats, but am not ready for another one yet.

So ..... guess I'll just wish everyone a super duper day. ☀️
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X