Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ May 7

Good Morning. :

Well, I watched a movie on my iPad in bed until nearly 2a and then the cat woke me at 5:30 Geez!

Jo, congratulations on the new baby!

Donna, I saw your photos on FB. You niece is gorgeous, and so are you!

Paula, roller coaster? Will go to my grave never having been on or near one.

maxie, hope the shopping went well.

Made ham salad this morning. Planned to make sandwiches for church, but decided to just use it as a spread on crackers. In case it isn't all eaten, throwing out the sandwiches would not please me.

Hi beth! Hi sassy! Sharon, hope you are enjoying your solitide. Janet, you have been busy!

Have a good Sunday, Everyone.

Good Sunny Morning! I just love saying that, there has been so much rain, BUT, it is only a chilly 39 degrees this morning and tonight a freeze warning, Mother Nature is having so much fun teasing us..

Elaine, you ask and said all the things I am thinking so I will not repeat it...

Paula, I can not do rides of any kind unless they are kiddie rides and then that is questionable..
    Want to hear about Maxie's shopping adventure..

Donna, such a good picture of you and your niece, both beautiful people..

Well yesterday I enjoyed my solitude all day and the man only called me twice, once when they got there then later in the evening...I told him he doesn't have to call me every day and he says he wants to so he can make sure I am okay and to let me know he and our son are okay...they did not go out fishing with a few of the other guys yesterday, he said our son does not like to be out in the boat when it is very windy which makes the water choppy, fine by me..I did make a big pot of chili yesterday will have some today, then freeze the rest...going to put a roast in the crockpot and will add onions, potatoes and carrots later, then my cooking will be done...I am hoping to do a bit of shopping myself the next few days..I wish my walls were all an off white so much easier to decorate that way, I like a bit more country look and with the colors I have now it just doesn't work, I have so much 'stuff' packed away I would like to use.

Well I am rambling now, so will get a move on and get this day started, enjoy seeing the sun there are five windows and a French doors in this room and I love it facing east, west and north...

Have a beautiful day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...tried to call my mom this morning....she didn't answer then I remembered they moved all the times up for 1 hour at their church to see how everyone likes it....

I am enjoying having the house to myself again....today I am going to Bible Study and possibly to my Bible Study leaders home to do some work....they are fixing it to get it on the market. To move closer to the church and their church family...Right now he is driving 45 minutes one way any time he needs to be at the church...

If I don't go do that then I will just chill around the house...I would get grocery but I need to much to carry home...I am with out my bike for who knows how long.....I rode to the store the other day to get a few groceries...was in a hurry so I took my bike...and as I pulled up to the store one of my brakes broke....Then I got home I pulled into the drive way..I went to stop and I just rolled back into the street....needlesss to say I can't ride with out brakes so it will go into the shop once my brother inlaw gets his truck fixed and we can get it to the shop.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
        It's supposed to be another windy day here. Temps in the mid-70's today & tomorrow. A rain forecast for Tuesday and temp will drop to the mid-60's that day? How crazy is that?

Not much happening here. E says we will go to some mall stores Tuesday morning for those capris I want, before I see my doc on Tuesday. I can't believe our Old Pueblo Traders stores have both closed down. But I can still order from their catalogue, if necessary.

Thanks, Elaine. I'm looking forward to meeting our new great-grandson. Our granddaughter gave birth without any meds. Brave girl. But smart. I had 2 of my kids without any anesthesia, and they were the easiest deliveries I had. If anyone missed this great-grandson's picture, I posted on Saturday. His birthday is on Cinco deMayo, so he'll always have a double celebration. 😁

Well, nothing going on here today. I'm expecting a phone call from my youngest daughter today. I just learned that she has sleep apnea. Had to get a CPAP machine, to improve her breathing. They're redecorating their house, which is nearly done, and will be redoing their yard next. It's a beautiful place to begin with. But I'm anxious to talk to her. I don't hear from her as often any more. I do miss her.

So, I wish you all a good day and good weather. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

So windy here this morning! It is 60* outside, but the wind has been waking up the dogs and knocking down things on the patio.
          Jo, the baby is adorable! I know people use that word for everything now, but he really fits the definition! Congratulations!
          I asked my mother about the ride and she said it was the going backward it felt like her stomach was pressed against her spine! She said my brother had said they would eat After the ride and she understood why when she got off. Said a big guy who looked really fit was saying he felt a bit queasy afterwards...so, I may not feel like I have to meet the challenge and ride it whenever I get there.
          We stopped at my two favorite places yesterday: on the way south it is Granzella's, an Italian deli and restaurant and coming back north, on the other side of the highway is a Carl's Jr. hamburger place. We used to have one in Red Bluff, but it closed.
          When we were eating our hamburgers I got a text from Stuart; he had just ffinished the Ride Around Clark county, a 100 mile bike ride! He uses a road bike, the ones with skinny tires and he thought he would probably only do about 5o miles. He hadn't been out riding as much as in the past. But it must have been a good day up there. A few years ago he was on the Seattle to Portland ride and some guys in front slowed down without signaling it and caused a big pile up that ended with Stuart being taken by ambulance to the hospital and having a broken collarbone and surgery.
          Church and then just home.
          Donna, I love the picture of you and your niece! Beautiful girl and dress! You look cute and happy! Is it her house? I like the wreath on the wall, too.
          Sharon, can you call someone and have a room painted while Doug is gone this week? If not, Google images for Country décor in whatever colors.
          My friend was looking for French country in red and I was really surprised at all the pictures that came up. Anyway, I bet you can find ways to incorporate your things, even if the colors might not seem to fit at first.
          I went to my favorite shop, House of Design when I got back form the airport. They were having their yearly sale but of course, I didn't find anyting in the basement sale. I did find a few things upstairs in the Spring items and that just made the day perfect for me.
          Hope you all have a good day and enjoy your family and pets and whatever is going on around you!

Comment

Good morning...wind has finally died down and the sun is again shining. Going to start a warm up before more rain moves in midweek. My hostas are being eaten alive and we sprayed them yesterday and this morning I see additional damage. I am thinking it may be rabbits and not bugs. It dawned on me that I saw a small bunny and I remember thinking how cute, we may a nest someplace, and now maybe I should be thinking darn rodents! Will check on how to get rid of bunnies. These are the giant hostas and are beautiful but are being eaten to the ground!! Had a computer scare this morning with some virus warning but got it restored myself. Will see how long that lasts. This always happens in face book and I was just asking Jon the other day how to get rid of the crap that shows up in my face book. I have been getting junk from people I do not know or care to know...and there goes my being antisocial again. Did pick up a couple of shirts for Andrew and he has enough shirts for vacation. Need to check on shorts and pjs. It is only 4 weeks away! Have a left over pork loin and mashed potatoes so will heat that up for Jon this afternoon. Blues play at 2:00 so it is either win and tie it up or lose and go home for the summer. Funny when you play a team for a series of best of seven how you grow to dislike them. I know I shouldn't get that involved but I do and there it is! Sierra is suppose to move back this week and again I have heard from the mommy asking what papers she should pitch. How do I know what she should do with her divorce papers? Guess they are easy enough to get a copy of if necessary but why call your ex mil? Going to spend this beautiful sunny and warm Sunday glues to my tv. Hope the rest of you have enough sense to get out and enjoy life!!

Comment

Hello all! It's nice & sunny, but windy & chilly. Yesterday was a wet & miserable day.

Yesterday was good. One too many boys though. The 4th little boy is an only child too, I think, and he wasn't that nice. Next time it'll only be 2 hrs instead of 3 1/2. At one point after they ate pizza, it had stopped raining, & I sent them outside to run around the house 10x. I baked off the sugar cookies for today's order & got iced only the amount I needed for today.

This morning we went to church & SS. I've got laundry going. Kathy called & I took Blaise down to her place & checked out her new place. It's small but OK. Katie has a dog, and Blaise wasn't too thrilled. I'm going to take a nap and then get busy in the kitchen again. Going to play cards this evenings with my Mom, SIL, and cousin.

Have a good one all!

BTW....thanks for the compliments. Yes, the picture was taken at my brother's place. I use to be that thin.

Comment

Working...
              X