Good Thursday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning, it is a wet, foggy one outside here...had some thunder boomers overnight, I slept through them as I had my ear plugs in, seems to be the only way I can get any sleep anymore...Up early to get busy cooking, going to cook up a whole bunch of food and partake of dinner with my Uncles family tonight...like his daughter said, chicken and dumplings the ultimate comfort food...his children, their spouses and now the grandkids all count of me for chicken & dumplings so I have a chicken brining and all the makings for dumplings and an overside crockpot to put them in, also ham, potato salad, hamburger buns, green beans, will also make two different kinds of brownies as the family loves CHOCOLATE, LOL...

And since the funeral is on Monday and so many relatives coming from KY that I will have 6 people staying here so I have some plans for food for that, a big country breakfast on Monday morning as the funeral is afternoon, and since they are coming on Sunday will have a good dinner then also, and will make shredded chicken sandwiches to have...so I will get up with my feet and kitchen moving right along...and a quick swift cleaning of the house...I have an infusion on Friday so that takes a big part of the first half of my day.

My Uncle that passed has a twin brother who has also been in very bad shape and in the hospital, he is home now, so yesterday I made my own version of apple salad and made gr. chicken breakfast patties as they do not eat pork, had never made them before but I tried one before I took it to them yesterday, pretty darn good...made some extra for us..they texted me last night and was wondering what kind of dressing was on the salad, LOL....just something I put together...

Well folks its off to the kitchen..

jostoy I also love your quote.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good moring so sorry about your uncle boff...

Yesterday was a long day...from the start to the end...I forgot to turn on my alarms last night so I am running a little bit behind this morning...

Having huge allergy issues today...not sure about my afternoon.

Comment

Good Morning! Oh there were some loud boomers last night before I went to bed.

Yesterday was busy. Got the pie made & delivered then onto Aldi's. Got the groceries put away then it was time to go help prepare a meal for those coming to a local church for their food pantry pick up. Got home just in time to get Blaise off the bus. Cork came home sicker than a dog and went straight to bed. Didn't think he'd go to work today, but he's not here, so he must have.

This morning I'm going to mix up a dbl batch of German Choc cookie dough before I head for Bible study. Once I get home, I'm hoping to get it all baked off, decorated, and delivered. She ordered 8 doz and they are all for herself. She treats herself to two a day.

Sharon...you are amazing! Do NOT wear yourself out. Slow but sure.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Don't know why I am up so early...have nothing to do today but ride along with Jon for his eye exam....yes, I will even do that for lunch out! I know, pathetic! Was suppose to be a warm and sunny morning with storms this afternoon and I just heard that a few minutes ago but it is thundering and the sky west is dark. Weatherman could just have looked out the window and given a better prediction! Having Andrew back last night was nice until homework time. Yup, spelling! It is almost like a game to see how much he can burrow under his dad's skin. Sierra's mother is leaving May 24. I will be glad to finally have it over and done with. Sierra is going to be boo hooing about her mom leaving but I think it will be wonderful to finally be out and away from the drama. Jon thinks she will be back without the boyfriend and suck Sierra back in with 'I'm all alone' crap. He could be right but for now I have to get this kid through the fact that her mother is leaving. Cardinals won again last night but the Blues lost so no sweep and on with the series back in Minnesota. Hope these next games are at earlier times...dropping the puck at 8:45 is late for this old gal! Guess I had better shower before the storm moves in and I lose power and internet. Ahhh, the joys of country living and satellite service. Sharon sorry about your uncle.

Comment

Good morning,

as usual .. "those". other two managed to wake me at 5am... so up and set .reading of course,, now to get busy .. have made a list ,,I work best with a list......some sewing projects.. sweeper the whole downstairs areas.. cook a good dinner.. ( at noon).. and hopefully not have to go anywhere in the car.

yesterday was not a good day on my nerves.. David was being a stubborn old coot.. new battery for the tractor had one bolt in awkward spot.. his right hand fingers,(which are numb) could not reach and Turn it..I'm left handed and it had to be turned on with your right .. so.. would he just wait until one of the sons showed up .. didnt need the tractor...oh no ,three times he set out in that garage trying to get it on... when I went out to check on him the last time.. I did not shut the door tight . and miss K.D.Cat pried the door open and got out... by the time we finally got her corraled onto the area under the deck ,( where the door is., which I had left wide open... she finally walked in calmly ,laid down. with that look ""what was all the fuss about"... I was a complete basket case...
          Warn them both to not bother me the rest of the day.!!!!!!..

we had the rain and thunder too... I like rain in the night as it pounds on the roof..

Maxie , while Sierra's Mother is gone.. she will be growing up. becoming more mature.. and maybe be a different person who can see clearly how her Mother treats her.. you are a good influence for her..

Sharon.. so much to do. so little time...take time to enjoy your family,, and take time for sorrow... ( if you look around and see a stranger, It will be me, that food all sounds so delicious).

must get to work.. see you all later

(hi Paula)
          Hi Sassygirl .have a good day.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I'm with Maye: Sharon your food alone will be a great comfort to your family! Just seeing the time and love you are putting into it will be a good memory for them to hold to.
            Who knows what our weather is going to be??? After all they say on the morning weather report, it doesn't quite follow through. So, the kids and I are happy.
            The day was clear and nice until the last couple of hours of daycare and as long as we get to play outside, I really don't care that I had to go to Walmart in wind and sprinkles. By the time I got home it was really coming down, but this morning the cement is dry! I used to really care too much about the wet grass and ground and keep kids in. Now I tell the parents to dress them accordingly and no shoes that can't take the wet grass. With the rain we have had, and the relief that our drought is (hopefully) over, no one minds!
            I am later this morning, but I am not stressing over it.
            We had deli sandwiches last night. Becky was upset over a major test in her Biology class (genetics) and I bought food to relieve the stress...what I do.
            We both have leftovers for today, but I think I will use mine for daycare. This morning, before she left, she said she is ok if she gets a B. Big step for her and I hope it sticks. So maybe the comfort food helped?
            I have to go...please take care of yourself. Sharon, I hope you take it easy and can enjoy your family, even during this sad time.

Comment

Good morning.
              Okay, I'm late again. But I was up at 3:30 today, and couldn't get back to sleep for another hour. (My imaginary cat woke me?) 😉 Then I slept til after 7.
              We need to pack a suitcase, and load the car up. Will drop off a box of glassware at a daughter's house enroute to Phx ....she won't be home yet. After we settle at a hotel, we'll go meet son & wife for supper. We'll be spending 5 days in Phx, and coming home Monday.
              It'll be a long day ahead. E is a procrastinator and will sleep til about 9.

And with that said, I've had my cereal & cups mocha.
              I need to get started on myself....get dressed, tame my hair. I swear, my hairdresser was on her back-pain drugs, talking faster than a mile-a-minute, and my hair is a chop job. It'll grow out, and I hope to manage to control it. 😧

Sharon, yes please pace yourself.

See you all later.
              Have a good day! ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone

Oh Boy.!!!! I am the last one...

I went to church..And drop off some stuff...For the rummage sale..I ask them..If i can looked around...There is nothing i like..I was looking for some ribbon..None...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sassygirl .. love that kitty... they sure are nosy critters and that can happen... what kind of ribbon are you looking for?... I have two rummage sales coming up, and like you , love to just look a lot... favorite place to buy throw rugs. t-towels. and used to gather up all the yarn I could see.. .
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                  X