Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Wednesday, April 19.

Good morning everyone.

​Been a bit busy, and it will get even busier the next week. Today I'll be taking E. to T.H. to pick up her big clock. Then home to mow my yard before the rain starts hopefully. We got E's mowed yesterday. We both must have been mowing in high gear as it only took 1 hour and 45 min. to get the job done. Then we had a piece of coconut pie before I used the small mower to do the trim work.

​Next week I'll be without a car for 2 different days. Monday it will be detailed and Thursday it goes into the garage to have the hoses, belt, and brakes checked. Then Friday my sister-in-law and I leave for Branson, Mo. We should be able to do things that we haven't been able to do for a few years. My brother just wasn't able to walk to far, or do any stairs.

Then Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, I have to go to the Lake to finish "opening up" the camper and mow the lawn over there. I don't think the lawn will wait until I get back from Branson.

Well...that's it Folks...have a good day.

The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning.

jostoy, you amaze me! I couldn't begin to do all you do. I love your equation!

John's transfusion yesterday was quick. We arrived at hospital at 6 and he was finished by 10:30. He came home ready to eat and I was so glad I had cooked a roast, potatoes, carrots and even fresh corn.
    He even "sopped" his gravy with bread. I hope he continues to eat this well, but his weight is really plummeting.

Speaking of cutting grass, our nephew has a couple of high school boys helping him replace the fence, and there is a LOT of fence! Anyway, Byron had to leave to get some supplies and he put one kid on the lawnmower and gave the weed eater to the other. When I went out to look after they finished all of my Liriope in the flower beds had been whacked off. He had trimmed everything on the place, and I was so glad about that that I could have cared less about the Liriope, and I know it will grow back (I hope).

Meeting today and visit with ear doctor, and lunch out of town tomorrow with my 3 friends. Then home to sit in front of this computer and work on the newsletter.

Has anyone had more word on Darla?

Have a good day, everyone, I had better get mine started.

Comment

Good morning! Not! Rant Alert

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate company first thing in the morning??? I got up before my alarm...turned on my shower as normal....a few minutes into my shower I am being chased from the shower by my father yelling hurry up I need to use the bathroom..so I quickly do what I need to do....only to have him saying you can dry off in your room...I quickly got out of the bathroom..told him I would have to get him some tp...so he follows me to my room telling me to hurray up the entire time....There is another bathroom upstairs he could share with mom!!!! Not get nasty with me because I am in my bathroom using my shower....its not like I was upstairs or anything...current situation...is waiting to get back into the bathroom and leave my room to grab my pants that are out in the main part of the basement...

Cori also had me up late last night wouldn't settle until the rest of the house did....and had to tell me about the strangers in the house...then when they got up this morning she was back in here letting me know.....

I am very very very tempted to use a flex day off....for the good of everyone around me and keeping my job....

Everyone try to have a good day!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Bethina,Tell me about..I did that once..Someone like to take there sweet time in the bathroom..When you have to go.!!!....I really hate that..When they say too hurry up..It will be back to normal..Real soon..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Loved the graphic.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          boffler,thank-you..

That jostoy sure does stay busy, she lets no grass grow under her feet. I do hope you enjoy your time in Branson....I know what you mean about being busy, seems I have been on a fast moving trains since we got back from Hawaii....my day yesterday was spent with INR test and heart Drs. visit, my heart is staying in rhythm but the blood pressure is way to high so he added another med....I know I have had a nasty headache for over a week. My blood levels stayed good even with the greens I ate and drinks I had...who can resist a MaiTai in Hawaii?

Elaine so glad John ate so well, lets hope it does continue...sorry about your flowers, but happy you saw the positive in the whole thing...

Sad news for me yesterday, my Uncle, my Dad's brother passed away, he had been on a ventilator for almost a month and just could not get over the infection that he got...he has a twin brother that has also been in the hospital and just got home after flat lining and bringing him back...they are 78 yrs. old...they live here in my town...the Uncle that passed is the one that brought me to Ohio and I lived with his family for about a year. So I will need to make a run to the grocery store and come home and do some cooking...sad days ahead.

Well nothing else happening here, really that is enough..

Love, hugs and prayers to all my family here...lets cherish our time..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! Well...we've got April showers today. Yesterday was very pretty.

Yesterday wasn't very productive at all. Just puttered the morning away until it was time to go to the movies. Well....I guess I did balance my check book and got a deposit ready. That made me feel much better. We really enjoyed the movie Boss Baby. Several LOL moments. Got home just before Corky. He's finally feeling somewhat better. After dinner I mixed up a bunch of pie dough and the filling for today's pie.

Back to school for Blaise today....yea! I'm going to bake the pie and then head into town. I'll deliver the pie to the doctor's office and then go to Aldi's. This afternoon I'll be going to one of the local churches that has the food bank. It's our church's turn to provide the meal for those coming to pick up food. I'm not in charge of this. I'm just a worker bee. I'll be there until it's time to come home & get Blaise off the bus.

Bethina...you'll be fine at work. Save your time for when you want to do something fun.

Prayers for Darlene.

Have a good one all!!!!!!

Comment

I read both threads and will post here.
            sorry about your uncle, Sharon. Hope your family can find comfort in the days ahead.
            Beth, I hope you just go to work and forget the morning.
            Jostoy, you are a great example to me. As are all of you with the good things you do and the busy days in your schedules!
            Donna, I saw what you posted about the sponge cake, but did you think the marshmallow layers were too sweet. The cake looks amazing!
            If you saw my post on Facebook yesterday you saw the huge strawberries I got. I am mashing and freezing them today to make jam on the weekend. They are at the perfect stage of ripeness to just eat, no sugar needed. The last 1/2 flat I got the daycare kids loved and I didn't get any jam out of it. this time I am making sure I get some freezer jam made.
            I have to run; an early child and hopefully, more kids today: the stomach virus has been going through families like no other! If I am having any kids...I would rather have Enough to keep it fun for everyone. Yesterday I had 4 in the morning and gave them the bubbles I had for their baskets. One left at noon and no babies at all. Today both babies should be back...
            Hope all goes well for all of us, no matter how it started!
            Elaine, your meal sounds great! I bet John will enjoy the leftovers, too!

Comment

Good morning.
              Looks like we have two morning threads this morning. Can someone merge them?

We've got 59° this morning, but the temp will get to 90° this afternoon. Nice and sunny here, but April showers would be welcome ---- but not a drop in the forecasts for any.
              Today we'll get ready for our trip to Phx tomorrow.
              E didn't get to the fans yesterday, so that'll wait til next week. Today he has other errands to run

Elaine, I'm glad John is doing better after his treatment.
              Jostoy, you sure have been busy.
              Sharon, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well, even after holiday indulgences! 😊.
              Am equally sad for the loss of your uncle. My sympathy to your family.

To all, have a peaceful day today. ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning! Suppose to be in the high 80s today then rain and back to nighttime temps in the 40s for the rest of the week and weekend. Bummer!! Andrew shined a light in the bird house and the blue jay has 4 little blue eggs in there. Have not seen the hummer back but it has food when it decides. Tonight the Blues could win the best of 4 and then we sit and wait for the next playoff series...I will be all ready!! Cardinals have finally won 2 in a row...here lately we have been losing 2 or 3 or 4 in a row. Not a great baseball start this season. Andrew's baseball team has been broken up because of to many boys and some of the boys have been merged into another small town. That means we have no idea what is going on..will practices be a road trip? And were the teams selected fairly or did one coach stack his team? Not that we care about the stacking.. that is a parent/coaches hangup. And by seasons end you know the other parents/grandparents/kids so going in cold is not a problem for adults. But I think it will bother Drew if he thinks he was shoved off one team to fill a space on another. You always worry how things will affect your kids but he always has his own cheering section, me, his mom, his dad, both his sisters and whoever they bring along as guests...all of us in our booster shirts with his name and number. Andrew is rough and tough but has an insecure side..he also likes my corn bread and ate half a pan for supper! I see the sun peeking but can't hear the birds because of the ac running. Back to furnace tomorrow. Another day i am not leaving the house and left overs for us tonight with a corn dog and fries for Drew. Enough gibberish...have a sunny happy day!

Comment

good almost afternoon

I merged the two beginning posts.. , thank heavens I did not lose one!...

a day at home.... laundry... trying on summer clothes... all too long, too big.. that' s good news in one way... that means I'm sticking to the plan to get the extra pounds off that my Knees do not like to carry around all day... however I have also lost height.. and all slacks are now two inches too long .agggg...
                  ..... the tops that go with these hang loosely .. but most of them are still "wearable".. do NOT intend to go buy a bunch more to fit the trimmer me. until Im sure its going to stay off.....

Elaine , John eating sounded great... hope he can keep it up ... David lost a bunch in the last year or so.. but has stabilized for now..

Jostoy , you and Donna. (Paula, Maxie, Bethina,). make me feel like such a 'weakling. but , Frankly,, I would rather read..
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                  X