Monday 4/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 4/17

Good morning...I was glad to get home to cori for about the first 5 minutes....found that she has torn up the big middle blind in the living room...of course expensive...I get to replace it..mom will take the money from my account...just means the fun money she told me about won't be available for a bit longer...oh well...once I got cori all settled everything all is well....My sister should be here in about 5 minutes to help trim my cats nails....of course I over slept...didn't sleep well at all last night...was up at 3 doing laundry...

Work and errands today...will take a cab home if raining....

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was absolutely perfect.

Did some cooking in the morning. Got the strawberry pies & the cake made, the ham roasted, and made Southern Green Beans in the crock pot for the first time. Some loved them, others (my Mom) didn't like them at all. Oh well. My nephew who was suppose to be coming in from OH didn't get to come since he was still working at a plant in MI until late afternoon. Bummer! We had a wonderful dinner and good company.

Today is catch up day. Cleaning & laundry. Slow but sure.

Oh...the marshmallow strawberry cake....it was a hit, BUT some of us decided it needed to be a different kind of cake for those layers. Sponge cake was too dry & grainy. We thought maybe angel food. It looked absolutely gorgeous.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am up early for some reason....another rainy morning. Yesterday it did clear up in the afternoon so maybe there is hope for today. Blues won yesterday and are one game away from sweeping this playoff! Would love for a ticket to see them finish it on Wednesday but am just so darn happy I got to see yesterdays game. All my sisters kids were there and I had not seen them since Christmas so it was sort of a reunion also. But only during intermission! Today I want to make a pot of green beans and potatoes since it will just be me and Jon this evening. Drew goes back to school tomorrow so back to normal then. Thinking this week there is nothing going and a week home and NOT spending money would be so nice. Sorry about Cori but guess she was just being a kitty. I don't know..never had a cat but understand they are pretty independent...and climbers. Hope this rain clears up here and that all of you have an exceptional Monday.

Comment

good morning! It was beautiful on the way to church yesterday but then got overcast and rained on the way home and throughout the afternoon. I am sure it was hard on some of the Easter egg hunt activities. Our dinner was postponed because Becky was sick with a stomach virus.
        tonight after daycare I am going to dinner with my mother and her cousin. I don't know why my mom needs me there, but probably to keep her emotions in check. Her cousin's daughter died recently, very suddenly. I know I mentioned this here and this is the first time since the memorial service we have been together. Anyway, after the dinner I have a surprise going away party for a family at church...so I am hoping my timing is ok to attend it and not have to hurry the dinner along.
        It is a young family. The husband is the son of one of my best friends who passed away from cancer 14 years ago. She and her husband were friends with Gary first and then I came along and Dee and I just hit it off. Anyway, they are moving to Virginia to open a law practice. They have wanted to move back East for a long time. I am excited for their new adventure.
        Donna, the green beans in the crockpot sound good. I will look it up. I guess the name southern to me just means yummy!
        I hope you enjoy your week, maxie, with less to do on the agenda, but my experience is something always finds its way onto the to Do List!
        Stay away from the germs and anything that impacts your having a good day!

Comment

Good Morning to all....another late start to the day, hubby and I are both having trouble going to sleep at night at our usual times, then tossing and turning, waking up at weird hours and then sleeping later...oh well, hope this body and mind get adjusted soon....I woke up last night wondering where I was at, LOL...

Our Easter dinner was good yesterday, back to cooking and cleaning, was sure nice not to have to do that for 2 wks. Got my laundry done hopefully will get hubby's done today, make sure his all of his are in the laundry. No plans for me today, hoping to enjoy some outside time if it warms up enough, thinking about having hubby get the outdoor furniture out and cleaned up so I can enjoy the nice days we do have..

Beth, do you have a cat tree for your kitty? It is a good place for them, they like being high up, my cats love theirs next to a window with the blinds open...I leave most of my blinds open enough they can sit on the windowsill and look outside...

Well now time to read the news and get this day started...glad to be back home...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
            Looks like I'm last today. It's really bright and sunny out, and it'll be a very warm day today.

I decided on porkchops for dinner yesterday, and I pounded them thin with my meat mallet. While they cooked, I made a batch of latkes, my mom's recipe.....they're thin like crepes, not like hash brown patties as our restaurants do. And pineapple rings. It was pretty yummy.

Got a call from one daughter yesterday. We don't hear from her much. If she's not busy with work, she's busy with her kids. She has two of her own. She added one more when this boy got ousted from his grandparents house (they raised him) after HS graduation. He's paying his way through college. Anyway, this DD is my baby, and it was good to hear from her.
            Then my oldest DD sent a picture and a video of her autistic granddaughter. Such a serious face on that child.
            And then our middle DD sent a picture of her 2 older kids. Haven't seen her son in quite a while. These 2 were born a year apart, and share the same birthdate!
            So the day turned out pretty good. 😄

Today I have a bit of laundry to do. Thursday we'll go to Phx, and see the kids and a good friend, between checking out a couple of senior living apartments. Will be coming back after the weekend.
            Then I'll have some medical appointments during the following 3 weeks, so the doctors can be sure I'm doing well, and the cancer isn't trying to return. The first appt after I return is an MRI. Any time I go to Radiology, I get to visit a nice Trader Joe's store across the parking lot. Lol

Beth, I agree about the cat tree. My DD had a very active cat, so he got a 3-level tree, and was extremely happy in it. When she kept it outside of her son's bedroom, the cat would swat the hair of anyone passing by within reach. So she moved it to a sunny corner in front of a window, and he was even happier.

To everyone, have an absolutely super-duper day, whatever you're doing. ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

My girl has a kitty climbing tree my daddy built for her..she does like it...we think that she may have been chasing a bug the blinds are made of paper stuff open up from the bottom down from the top...I couldn't stay mad at her.

Comment

Good Morning.

Rainy day - no sunshine. We always like the rain, however.

Blood test today. Hoping his HGB is not too low, but John has not felt well and had fever for 2 days.

Off to get ready. Hugs to Everyone. :
                D

Comment

Hope John feels better real soon, Elaine.

My youngest DD has been craving ice lately, and her doctor said it's a sign of anemia. Well, lately I've really enjoyed eating ice, too..... so I can expect my red blood count might be down, too, although I try to make a point of eating more protein and less sugar every day. (Despite the current jelly beans and chocolate bars E brought me.)
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X