Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ March 26

Good Morning!

Well, the month is winding down, and hopefully the weather will stabilize. We cleaned out our fireplace, only to have it turn cold again. I told John I was not cleaning that thing again. Turn on the heat!

Donna, you will be proud of me. I made Italian Ricotta Cookies yesterday. Haven't made them in years. Made me think of Mickie, although this is a recipe my grandmother made for years. So good!

Making Chicken Enchiladas for church and am only half finished, so I better get busy.

Paula, that is so funny about the shoes. I have seen them online.

maxie, how does Sierra feel about the possibility of her mother moving?

Have a good day, Everyone.

Good morning never made it yesterday..yesterday was a pretty laid back today...Bible study this morning...

Will call library again todsy..i am trying learn to down load books from library.

Comment

Good morning!
      I was awake by 5am, thanks to my cough. I hope it starts letting up today. Lying down makes it worse at night, and I coughed til my sleep aid pills kicked in.
      Am not doing much of anything except reading, or cooking our meals. Very simple ones. But E isn't too picky.

The last few days have been windy. My pistach tree in front looks so nice, waving it's leaves. New growth leaves are red, the rest is green. The elm trees in back are a lighter shade of green, and they're filling in nicely.

Hi to Elaine and Beth, and to all who follow.
      Have a great day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, supposed to be another nice day, but with rain...we will be heading toward south to stay with my sister tonight so we can attend the funeral of our friend.
        While at Grandpa's yesterday got a voice message that a lady from my old neighborhood had passed away, was my neighbor for over 20 some years, still close with her children and grands, so another funeral this week for me..I will get my packing done at some point.

We had a lovely day yesterday sharing with Grandpa, he said he was so happy we did this as we are all he has left...was a beautiful day all day able to sit outside some on the deck...he stays cold so he had on double clothing, long sleeves..lots of food and cake, I made one cake that was chocolate on one end white on the other, and marble in the center, and I also made a double layer spice cake which I just knew Grandpa would love and he did...think it upsets my sister in law that I know him so well, I have figured out she is kind of jealous of me I believe...she got her usual puns in about my being organized, as she said "I was in the kitchen chumping at the bit" getting things together, she just infuriates me, LOL.....and yes we stopped and spent about $60 for chicken mostly because she and her daughter and granddaughter like spicy chicken strips not one person offered up any money for said chicken, but then again that is how it usually is....Don't really want them to pay for it, but it would be nice if they offered because trust me when they pick up the meat for gatherings they always ask for a split..okay enough of that..time to smile and get on with my day.

Maxie, what a blessing it would be for all of you if said "Mommy Dearest" would move then Sierra could become a better person for it...of course Mommy Dearest would drive her nuts with phone calls and guilt...

Elaine saw some bad weather in Texas glad you were not in said mess.

Maye I totally understand things now, and I will adjust eventually, and we will learn the ins and outs of togetherness...

Well time to get moving hubby is up and we will get some breakfast, shower pack a bag and head out the door....

Thankful for all of you, like what someone said yesterday, (can't remember who) but this is the place we come to let our hair down and talk...

jostoy, yes we know how you question things when it comes to spending money, LOL....but we have to be careful...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't only question mine, but also my friends like E. She paid a bunch of money to have the mower that I use fixed. Well while spreading something for her Friday, I found that the left front wheel hung-up on the mower deck. When I got back to town, I went to her mower guy, and told him about it. He is going back to pick it up and fix that problem free of charge. I don't think she would have called him because she was afraid it would cost her more.

Good morning

up early.. Son Mark stops in every Sat and Sun mornings early.. which is great ,, we catch up on family news. and if any little chores needs done.. he does them..

spent yesterday . reading ...but mostly sorting & throwing away music.... had made a lot of paper copies.. of hymns and such and kids music. so it all went to trash.. as did old worn out lesson type books.. only four more bit drawers and a cardboard box to sort .. .. big stack of books to give the young lady piano teacher ( she plays at church)...after church,lunch.. will probably do some more.. I'm either saving myself time later on ,,,( if we should decide to downsize) or the kids a job of throwing away later... Not only is the month of March winding down . so are the years Elaine ..

Hi Jo
        Bethina... I download lots and lots of Emedia books.. had to relearn how to use the new Kindle Fire.. more complicated than loading to computer and then to Nook.... but sure is handy,, not trips to Library.

see you all later.. better get started getting ready to leave here....
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​I posted a poem, but don't see it anywhere. Guess it's floating in cyber-space somewhere.

Today is S.S. and Church. Then maybe out to eat.

Rainy here so no outside work today. Not that I have any pressing at thios time.

Everyone have a good day.

The phrase that is guaranteed to wake up an audience: "And in conclusion."
          Last edited by jostoy; 03-26-2017, 08:49 AM.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            And for me, the speaker better use that phrase and Follow through!!!
            I have heard speakers conclude multiple times in the same speech...

Rainy and we are suppose to be entering a rainy streak. Hope we stock up on lots of rain so we can have a hot dry summer. For those of you who have ask, I think Sierra is relieved to have mommy's boyfriend gone since they seldom speak. It appears being a dad (a job he self appointed himself to) is not all glory and bragging rights. She feels a little like mommy is deserting her especially since she said she wouldn't leave until the end of this semester then told her to start looking for a place since they could leave at any time. MD knew she would come back here and thinks she is dumping all this onto us but I think this time Sierra is ready to grow up. She seems to have found her career choice but more than that she knows she has to find something and grow up. We do not approve of Sierra's boyfriend but can't find anything wrong with him other than he is not the right choice but instead of curfews and screaming etc., we took the time to meet the kid and are keeping our mouths shut (no comments please...mouth shutting is very hard for me). But Sierra knows how we feel and why we feel this way and there are no arguments or cracks. She is beginning to grow up and hopefully will soon see she has already outgrown this guy. She may drop by with another load of stuff today and I emptied drawers I had taken over in her room. We will see. Never did run the vac yesterday or finish the ironing and today I have laundry. Unless something better comes up. I am always looking for something better than housework! Did not sleep well again last night so hope my old pattern isn't returning. First cup of coffee was bitter this morning so need to see if I can do better with another cup. You would think with a Keurig I'd get the same taste every time. Darn coffee machine must have heard of my reputation in the kitchen and thinks it can act up too!

Comment

Good rainy morning! I feel so good today and it is just because I don't have anything looming on my horizon.
            Donna, the Sloppy Joes recipe was a Hit! I will use your recipe always and no more cans of Manwich!
            I was shopping and then cooking until around 2;00-ish yesterday, but I think ialready said that. Or at least I told someone...
            Today, after church, we are going to my mom's. I ordered a loaf of povitica (Hungarian? nut bread) that she had seen and wanted. It made me think of Mickie talking about the nut rolls. There are some things I would rather order than try and make for the first time. This way I have point of reference if I ever want to make my own.
            I just adjusted the font size. I hope that helps you guys reading it as much as it helps me.
            This week will be a good one. Then the following Monday Stuart and his family will be here to spend the night on their way to Palm springs for their Spring break. It is a last minute decision because they are so in need of some sun! Their littlest one said last week, The sun was out all morning. It was awesome! Kind of sad! Anyway, we will have dinner and the early evening to visit and they will get up and go the rest of their way. On the way back they said they will probably drive straight through on Saturday...I will have food ready for whatever meal they need.
            Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone

I am last person again...lol..

Went to church and went shopping..We had early rain..It will be on & off rain..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sassygirl... I really like that photo... says it all... we have to be brave enough to LET GO and LET GOD.... sometimes very Hard to do..

Sharon.. you and Hubby will get a pattern.. and its nice to be off the "Clock " schedule.. and those bad days in the winter.. so nice to look out the window.. smile. and set back down... You will miss your alone time.. but , by nature , you are a keep-busy person..and isn't it nice to have someone taking care of you when you get down,. to do the running ..

Maxie. hoping Sierra . is finally seeing MD as the selfish person she is... her wants come first .. and Sierra was used to stir the pot of discontent... yeap .time to let her decide things and live with her choices.... Hard to do... but you'll make it Maxie.

Jostoy.. the worse offender to me is the minister who does that... who goes back and Recaps his Points in the Sermon.. like we were all asleep the first time..

HI Paula...

see you all in the morning .
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maye,Me too..I like this one too....That is so true..That is right...You know it is hard to do..
              Working...
              X