Thursday 3/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 3/23

Good morning..headed up stairs in a few minutes to have some breakfast and wait for my sis to pick me up and take me to work..

Work yesterday was pretty good...Went fast but good...

Volunteering was great...we had a band come in and play for about 2 hours....They were pretty good....Had a head ache when I came home I think it was weather...

Today I am working this morning...then meeting my sister to pick up my new 10 inch tablet..Then I have group...I will spend my evening setting up my tablet.

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..

Early bird get the worm..One my kittys got me up too "Early"..

We are see the sun to day...And everyone have nice day..

Comment

Good Morning!

Well, cooler today. Spent the last couple of days raking and I feel like I've been run over. At least some of the flower beds are clean.

Today is trash day and I'm on a mission. Think I'll toss all of the printed directories we never use and keep showing up in the mail. I am now, also, subscription free. I let People Mag expire as well as Good Housekeeping, and I no longer have to worry about reading and discarding stuff I'm really not interested in.

Well, onward and upward, Friends. Have a good day!

Comment

Good Morning Sassy, love the
        new nosey neighbors",

The sun is out but it is only 25 degrees outside, still waiting for the nice spring weather to come and stay awhile...

Had my procedure done this yesterday morning, first the test to see if blood clot was dissolved in my heart and it was then the cardioversion to put my heart back in rhythm took three zaps but it is now back in rhythm let's hope it stays that way. Will have to stay on blood thinners long term. Feels like a really bad sunburn on the chest and back using Cortisone cream for that.

Now today I will get some laundry done and some housekeeping, a few things a day instead of trying to do it all in one day makes a huge difference...

Also want to make a Mexican supper tonight, beef enchiladas no recipe just something I put together..only need to make four of them, LOL...with just the hubby and I don't like having a bunch of leftovers all the time..

Also have some paperwork to get done on my desk...other than that don't plan on doing much...

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Boffler,I did too..i thought it was funny too..lol..

Good morning.

​Will be at Vincennes about all day getting several x-rays. Medicare has finally approved the surgery for spinal stenosis. So have an MRI added to the other x-rays that I was already scheduled for today.

Waiting to hear what Sharon found out yesterday.

Everyone have a good day. I may be shinning in the dark tonight with all those radiation pictures today.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning ... got awake much too early... see a nap for sure after lunch!..

Elaine.. I have begun the same .. no magazines or newspaper... our paper was so full of negative stuff. could not stand it.. so cancelled subscribtion.. and yesterday was spent mostly sorting music... all good stuff goes to another teacher.. a lot of paper copies that i shredded two big plastic bags full of confetti. and still more to go.. feels good to dump the old , never to be used stuff... .. and I too have a weeding job coming up .. or maybe get a grandkid to do it?????.. the daffodils are coming up right thru the weedy mess tho". ..... I never like raking, like sweepering ,you stand sideways to pull (or push).. makes the back ache.

Hi Beth.
          I see JassyG. post ....will try merging... hope I don't goof..

see you later
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye,YES.!!!Thank-you...And you did not..

Good SUNNY Morning! Don't let that sun fool you though....it's frigid out there and yesterday the wind was blowing too, so the cold went right through you.

Yesterday was good. The first part of the morning I baked 3 pies...one for the doctor's ofc and 2 for the school bake sale. Then I delivered the pie & then shopped. A couple grocery stores, Arby's for lunch, and then the thrift store. Corky need a couple work shirts. He gets epoxy on the sleeves and after a while the sleeves just about "break" off. Came home and made up some cookie trays for the bake sale too. Had a spaghetti dinner ready early because I needed to be at the school by 5pm to help with the bake sale table. That was fun. I found out though that what I prepared wasn't what that sale actually sells. It's more of pick up and eat now kind of things, not take home & eat later.

This morning is Bible study. I then need to get right home and bake an apple pie before my 1pm tax appt. Tonight is Blaise's open house at the school. Will eat early again and head over there.

Sharon...does this mean you don't have to make arrangements in Hawaii now? Glad it went well.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Cookie no now I don't have to make arrangements when I am in Hawaii....will get it checked next week and then we will go on a different schedule of getting it checked, like every 6 wks...which is great since it cost out of pocket $31 every week, that adds up...retirement changes things...

Good morning.
          I'm still coughing a lot. Night and day. The cough suppressants haven't worked. Or don't really work that well.
          Those peppermint disks work as well as the cough drops and lozenges......as long as I have one in my mouth. But that's a lot of sugar. I felt a bit foggy-headed since yesterday afternoon. But this will pass. I've no severe symptoms or fever.

It just started raining outside. Temp is 61 and going to just 67° today. A 20 degree drop from yesterday.
          Ithe rain stopped after about a minute. Crap! I hope it comes back and feeds the trees.

Starting today with hot coffee again. Not too crazy about Maxwell House brand, though it reminds me of "I Remember Mama" back in the 50's. I do like Gevalia brand, medium roast, and I like the French Market with chicory. E said there's a restaurant somewhere at the outskirts of Tucson, with Cajun foods, du monde coffee & beniets. The coffee and beniets sound good to me. We might look for it sometime.

Sharon, about your air fryer. Could it do beniets or angel wing pastries? I need to check one out when I feel better.
          I don't deep fry much, but it would be handy for special little jobs.
          I'm glad your procedure went well. After effects can be tedious, but at least it came out well. 🤗

I need to get out another box of tissues. My nose is going almost non-stop. Thank goodness for tissues....I remember using up my Dad's handkerchiefs when I was young.

To all, have a super-duper day. ☀️️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Had a hard time getting in here this morning...I don't know why. It is a rainy, gloomy morning...a nice do nothing day for me. Life is pretty darn dull around here.

Comment

Good afternoon! I just got going this morning and then two kids came early and that's my poor excuse...
              I finally gave in to the doctor calling and wanting me to take her child for socializing on a part time basis. Truthfully, she wore me down with her texts and having another daycare mom ask me...she is coming by around 2:30 to meet me. I realize I went into anxiety mode when she asked me if all the other children are immunized. I know, right? Why should that make me anxious? Everyone is, but it makes me wonder if she will be looking to find problems. Deep breath...
              Sorry for going on.
              I will let you all know tomorrow how it goes.
              Jostoy, hope all your tests and medical visits go well.
              Sharon, yours sound like they did go well. Hope I am reading it all correctly.
              Elaine, raking is my one yard chore I really like. Cutting back and clearing ivy is my least favorite and the one really needing to be done.
              Upper 50's and sunny, so I will not complain.
              See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
              X