They call this day 'hump day' I call it Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They call this day 'hump day' I call it Wednesday

Good Morning to all....the sun is shining and it is 41 degrees but they are predicting the weather to be bitterly cold again in a few days, so it isn't spring yet...

Hope jostoy finds her Sunday go to meetin' clothes, the vision of her in undies under a trench coat is just more than I can handle, LOL

Maxie how did your day go yesterday?

I had a totally lazy day yesterday except for one load of laundry and cooking supper...

Today is haircut day, it is longer than it has been in years, everyone likes it but I say to much work, shorter is better, mousse and go type hair...

Hubby will be on clear liquids today he is having a first ever colonoscopy so we will be out of here early tomorrow morning...will catch you guys after I get back with him.

No big plans today except dusting the house, seeing some corner cobwebs that need attention also...and the cleaning of the ceiling fans...

Have a great day one and all...a good day to be alive..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good SUNNY Morning! It is frigid out there. Yesterday was in the 50's.

Yesterday was good. The evening before I got a text asking for 6 doz german choc cookies, so I got up yesterday and got them made. Got them finished just in time to leave & go pick up lunch and have it at the school with Blaise. Parents/grandparents can have lunch with them 2x a year. He was thrilled. After lunch was done, I went to the library to pick up some books I had coming in from other libraries. Then delivered the cookies and dropped the curtain & rods off at my Mom's. We had a nice chat. Came home and started mixing up lots of pie dough. I have to make 9 pies in the next 2 days.

Last night was Blaise's last BB practice. They had a surprise for them. After about 15 minutes they ask the parents to come out & play a game with the kids...us against them. What fun!!!

This morning I have to get a German Choc pie made for the doctor's ofc goodies for the week. Will get it delivered close to lunch time. It should still be warm, so it'll be like eating a brownie. YUM!!! Will roll out & prep fillings for the rest of the pies ordered for tomorrow. There is ALWAYS some laundry to do.

Jostoy.....I think a nice big fuzzy bath towel would be prettier....kind of like a dress. Just don't lift up your arms in praise.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Sharon! Hi Donna!

Well.......the plastic strip on the bottom of our shower door started coming apart, and I have to tell you that it took 3 days to find one and to clean the door. I have never been on the floor with a mirror looking at the bottom of that door - and WHAT a MESS! Anyway, we finally found one, installed it (took about 5 seconds) and that darn door is CLEAN!

Our week for chemo shots continues, so back to town at 3 again today. Other than that, nothing happening.

Hope all is well. Have a good day, hump or not.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​ Cookie, that picture you put in my head was more "dangerous" than my being in undies. AND Boff, I don't own a trench coat. It was going to be "what you see is what you get" !!

​BUT all can "rest easy"....I found my Sunday clothes after checking all closets for the third time. The container that I thought had a quilt in it was actually my clothes. So they have all been washed, and are hanging up in the coat closet. When I put my winter clothes away, I will put them in my bedroom closet.

​Feeling so much better this morning. After rolling out of the bed, I went in to clean the tub/shower before taking my shower. Now I have my coffee and playing on the computer.
        Will be going out to lunch. I'm tired of being shut in the house for a week.

​Everyone have a great day. Around here we have to enjoy the next 2 days as we are predicted for some snow Saturday.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I stick things in totes and then stash them away and forget where. When I moved to the last house I bought I lost all the blankets..finally had to buy new ones and then found them when I downsized to move here. Glad you found your clothes. Enjoy your lunch out.

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie, I'll write "clothing" on the 2 containers from now on. Although I could see through this blue one, I thought it was quilts. Only when I got smart enough to take the container off the shelf and open it, did I find it was my "lost" clothing. Live and learn as the saying goes.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..And it will be sun..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning

feel like I have spend endless hours on this computer... catching up not that it is working , more or less, ok... I would really rather read.

I hope I can soon find some books to download on the Kindle.. ( borrowed , not bought)... so the trips to Library get spread out more.. I ordered 4 books.. 3 came,picked them up.. the last is now waiting for me to pick up.. so another trip , thank heavens only 4 miles one way..

Jostoy.. kind of shock to read at the top that you were going to be going around in a coat and undies.. whew.. finally see you found your clothes.. the first brought interesting pictures in my mind of you at Church... )... I took down some clothes that are now too big. don't know whether to pass them on or wait and see if I gain the lost weight back..don't want the weight back, my knees keep thanking me for losing the extra pounds..
          Sharon ,you had one of my days.. ,laundry and supper.. ( and reading for me). nice, huh?
          Hi Elaine.. Thinking of you guys. no, Im not going to check under my sliding doors. in the bathroom... we have the 'Old fashioned tub with the sliding door. across.. that rail gets cleaned out , with q-tips. when I am expecting company . ...

Hi SassyGirl
          Hi BEthina.
          and all you other sleepy heads .. see you later.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Up and moving. Today was lunch with the school chums but I went last month and just can't force myself to do it again so soon. Let me tell you that these are all nice ladies...I've know them for over 65 years...lol...it is just something I do not want to do and I do enough things I don't want to do...like cook meals, do laundry and pay bills, etc! The hermit in me raising up. Today,instead of lunch, I am making the rounds of returns for the shirts I bought Andrew last week. He is an xlg in shirts and a lrg in shorts. Grandma's brain cannot wrap around how he is growing! Yesterday I met the bus and it stopped but no kids got off. Thought I heard yelling so rolled down the window and some mother was really getting into it with the bus driver. Couldn't hear it all just tones and when Drew finally got to the car he told me that the driver would not let this girl off at another stop because she did not have a note. Some deranged woman tongue lashes the bus driver for protecting her kid? What is the world coming to...Andrew says she was using cuss words and he wanted to tell me which ones but I told him I could imagine. Boy he wanted to tell me the words and probably did tell his dad when they were out on the patio. Boys! Sierra is still here but leaving for work later and then I guess going back home again. If I leave in the car she is beside me and the company is nice but that girl wants lunch every day! I'm glad she is eating here but lunch... every day!? The other night at 9 she came out and said how about ice cream? Well, her father and I cannot take evenings with ice cream. I have summer clothes to fit into! But we ran to DQ and all ate blizzards. She told her dad she wants to move back this summer. Things change and as nice as these couple of days have been I am not idiot enough to beleive mommy dearest isn't going to grab hold again...to many years of her crap and strong hold. But the girl knows this is a safe harbor and no matter how old she is or how immature she is her dad is always here for her. Need to get my shower and gather receipts to match the clothes returned. His mother sent home a pair of jeans I bought in September..tags attached and I found the receipt but I don't know about getting those returned. I would take a gift card just want a brand new pair of jeans, tags still attached, returned! Sunny out this morning but furnace is running so must be cold. Better decide what to have for supper tonight too....always something to make my day difficult!

Comment

Good morning.
              Yes, I'm a sleepyhead this morning. After the theater we went to a late dinner, so it was after midnight when we got to the hotel. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute drive from the theater, depending on traffic.
              The performance was beautiful.....fantastic. The dances were Chinese Classical, very precise and graceful. The backdrop was amazing. So many scenes from China, and you could clearly see the accurate movements of fire, rain, fish (underwater), and distant animated characters coming close and blending with the characters, or flying away.....even a red dragon in the sky. Extremely realistic. There were two added parts to the program, so we could see and hear the Chinese musical (piano and viola) talents, and a singer (opera).

Well, E is up, and it's time to dress and leave.
              Til later,
              Have a great day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..checking in on my break at work.slept a little later this morning...then Cori needed attention.

I will volunteer after work today

Undecided about rest of my after I get home..mayb nothing.

Comment

Good morning. I got up later and did not have time until now to read and post.
                  I love winter clothes. I have more options especially for the Sunday best than in summer. I know what I want, just not finding in stores around here. Styles are either too young or the material not what I want. I am not a sheer, sparkly or animal print person...
                  I think a new hair cut and style change is perfect for changing seasons, Sharon. Those wedding pictures yesterday showed my hair at the longest it ever was. And darkest. It is driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of the actress I was using for my hair color: the dark brunette on Charlie's Angels...I just Googled it: Jacklyn Smith. Anyway, a few years back I would not have posted that picture because of how I looked. I finally started looking at the smiles and the happy reason for pictures and stopped thinking of what someone might be thinking about me.
                  The sun is out and there were so many birds singing this morning when I took garbage out. That just means Spring to me.
                  Hope your day goes well and you have much to smile about!
                  Elaine, you always make me want to do more and do better! Now I am thinking of the bathroom.
                  Sharon, you got me dusting the piano!
                  Thanks to all for this great neighborhood!

Comment

• boffler
                    boffler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Paula such a big change in your appearance since that wedding, all for the best...you are so pretty...think your personality helps that also.
                    I got all the rooms dusted after I got home from getting my haircut....so funny she knows me so well, hands me the mirror and comb to let me check it out and tell her what if I want changes....wish I could take my head off and cut my own...but she does a great job of letting me give my input...after all that is what I use to do for a living...
                Working...
                X