Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 6th......Spring is getting closer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 6th......Spring is getting closer!

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was so sunny and melted most of the snow but not all. Come to find out that the 4" of snow we had wasn't the same as everyone else locally on Friday. Just down the road 5 miles they had about 6" and about 12 miles SW they had NOTHING. Crazy!

Came home from church yesterday to a phn msg from the restaurant that if I had time, they'd like a carrot cake, a PB pie, & a Samoa pie. Well I had all 3 in the freezer already, and I just had to ice the cake & decorate it, so it was no problem. The night before Becca texted me that she hurt her same foot/ankle that she broke 2 yrs before while playing soccer with the boys at work. So before I called her yesterday morning to check on her, we looked for her foot boot & finally found it in the attic...figured she'd probably need it again. Called her & convinced her she needed to go to the ER. Good thing, because she has a hairline fx on the top of her foot & sprained her ankle.

While she was getting that all checked out, I started cooking for cards and for her. She stopped out here after she got released and I loaded her up with sloppy joes, egg salad, and deviled eggs. Caught up on our news, she left, and I took a nap. We went to my SIL's Mom's to play cards this week. Her Mom & I were the BIG losers of the night, but we had fun & that's all that matters.

This morning I'm heading into town to grocery shop at Aldi's and go to the bank. I REALLY need to settle down and work on paperwork and call and make an appt with the accountant to do these taxes. I've procrastinated long enough.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 03-06-2017, 08:01 AM.

Good morning...lots of sleepy heads this morning! I am up early to pick Sierra up after dropping her car off. evidently no one in her home or even the same damn town could do it because they 'cannot just drop everything to run around for her'....especially since they are both off today. So I will drive 35 minutes through the country to do it when they could have driven 10 minutes cross town. I have chores to be done today so I said sure, grandma will do it.. and then we would talk to the travel agent and get lunch. We are talking to the travel agent mainly because I have questions about booking this trip then Jon gets his vacation cancelled last minute. I am late booking as is. This darn strike just looms over our heads. If he is deemed essential personel then he cannot walk but will they cancel his vacay? Seems only fair that they would. And being classed as essential and working through a strike means he will not be paid....the place that sends out the paychecks is union..no one will be getting paid. I have no idea what to fix for supper tonight so may just get grilled cheese or eggs. Not even sure how much bread I have...or even eggs. I hate to have to make a grocery stop on top of everything else this morning. Jon is working a revised time for the next two days for some training so I will have to meet the bus and probably feed the animal... err my grandson... early. Need to get moving and shower. Went to bed early last night after napping through half the hockey game. Feel fine this morning just lots of naggy problems and ideas in my head. No sun but birds are loud..looks like rain.

Comment

Good Morning, these two cats are driving me crazy with their constant meowing for 'attention' in their world it is all about them!!! NOT!
      Have a really good visit with our son yesterday, went out the eat at a new barbeque place in MI close to Flatrock...it was so good...visited, made a few plans, then home we came...before we left yesterday morning oldest son called and wondered if we would be home because he had a landscaping job to give and estimate on....sorry no we won't be home but you know how to get in the house if you want or need anything..
      Need to call and ENT today, have had this darn sinus thing for over 4 weeks, nose scabs inside and out, congested, etc. regular GP didn't seem very concerned and has not given me any meds or anything...I know witht the AFib and blood thinners, high blood pressure I need to be careful taking meds, so hopefully I can find a ENT that will take me in.. I have always heard being full of sh*t, but not full of snot.

Maxie we bought travel insurance when we booked our trip because with my health we just never know, there is a cost of course but at least you get something back.

Welll hubby just got up so I will bid you ado and have a great day.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Agent called the insurance and they do not cover cancellations due to strike. So I just made a downpayment and do not have to pay the balance until May 13. Everything is secret from Andrew so he doesn't get disappointed but Sierra is excited and looking at dinner/breakfast reservations already. I think it has put a smile on everyone's face just thinking of vacation.

Good morning, all.
      Had a pretty good weekend in Phx. Outside of the cities enroute, along the roadsides and in some of the medians, wildflowers were blooming profusely. There were mostly yellows, punctuated with two kinds of orange flowers along the way.
      Saturday we stopped in to see our oldest daughter. I gave her my huge body pillow. She normally has a lot of trouble sleeping, but the pillow (a long horseshoe shape) did the trick. Not only did she get a good night's sleep, but she actually slept late into the morning. I'm glad it helped. In spite of the fact that this time of year - end of Feb and early March - she gets depressed. It's when her husband suffered through the end of his lung cancer, and then died. So we took her to dinner before we left, knowing she probably wasn't eating.
      Then on Sunday after breakfast at the hotel, we had to go to the electronics store for whatever E was out of. I usually like their magazine selections, and picked up 3 ( that I need like another hole in my head!), plus some Pure Leaf lemon tea that I can't find very easily in Tucson. Then to birthday girl's first party. There were great-grandparents as well as grandparents. The parents, and their friends. There was one little girl who was about the same age as the birthday girl. Birthday girl cried frequently, in confusion over the crowd there. By the time we had to leave, they didn't get even near to opening the gifts yet. Unfortunately the food buffet was Mexican....we can't do hot spices (including the salads), so skipped most of the foods. My daughter baked two kinds of cake with two different frostings, and it was delicious!!!!! The birthday girl wouldn't touch her little personal cake, and cried when the other grandma put her little fingers into the frosting. The girl wanted out of there and away from all these people!!! Well, by then she was pretty tired anyway. So I asked the Mommy if she'd let me know how she liked the little handmade fairy quilt (which could also be a wall hanging) that I'd wrapped for her. I hope I get an email soon. It was hand made for me by my BFF of 61 years! I had no place for it, but it would make a nice crib cover or blanket for a baby, and the fairy is a print by Mary Cecily Barker, its the Apple Blossom Fairy.
      Well, we left there, and took a granddaughter and middle DD to replace granddaughter's laptop computer.....required for her school work. Imagine wearing one of those out????!!!!! Then dropped them off at their home. And we headed home. Managed to get there just at sunset, with the sky streaked with blues, salmon-orange, reds, and a bit of grays. Beautiful!
      It seemed like a long and tiring day, so "supper" was 2 scoops of ice cream, then we just went to bed and conked out.

Today we'll probably just vege-out. Tomorrow we will be going to see Shed Yun, a Japanese gala performance that is supposed to be really spectacular. I told E to get a motel room near there. His night vision is getting as bad as mine, and we don't need to be in all the crazy night traffic.

Weather-wise here, today should be in the high 60's, tomorrow in the high 70's, and I see several days beyond that will get to the mid- and high-80's! Nice! 😌

Wishing you all an excellent day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That fairy blanket sounds precious!

Good Morning.

Got busy tidying up and now it's time to leave for cancer center.

Have a good day!

Comment

Good Monday and sorry I didn't post on the weekend.
        It was a full weekend with visits, service and errands. Lots accomplished and just a great feeling.
        I was describing the dog beds I had been asked to do ( and maybe complaining a little about the cost of the stuffing) at church and the teenage girls I teach started getting all excited and said they want to help! What a relief! Wednesday evening we will do them.
        I got a text after church asking if Becky and I wanted to see the house the shelter is setting up as a transitional home for men. We jumped at the chance. It is getting prepared for a ribbon cutting event Tuesday that Becky and I are invited to, but only she can go. I will be working. Anyway, all the men were painting, fixing up and yard work. We met the case manager who used to oversee a shelter in Las Vegas. He told us that part of making sure everyone stays sober with breath tests they also randomly walk the drug dog through...that is more than the shelter does. They check guests coming in each evening for sobriety, but bringing in Manny, the K-9 unit, is serious. The house is big and old. It used to be where the nuns lived because it was between the old Catholic high school and hospital. I had a new curtain I decided I don't need for the daycare bedroom, so we took that and then I donated some money to the two policewomen who wrote the grant and have been working to get this going. Becky knows some of the guys from the shelter and she said she had never seen them looking so good as they did working on the house.
        I talked to both boys and it just made for a great weekend.
        Cloudy here and I think we have more rain coming.
        Maxie, I hope the union takes care of All their guys, even those who have to work...
        Take care of yourselves.

Comment

Good morning

dragging today... had a miserable night... the muscle spasms, decided to attack both ankles. plus above and below them. got up, set up , lay down.. curl up in a ball... could not get in a position to get relief... so I finally put on a pair of those heavy slipper socks. wrapped a wooly blanket around my legs and feet and dropped off to sleep about 3;30. woke up at 7... both ankles are not in a spasm but both hurt like I have been run over... not much on my to-do list , a load of laundry, trip to library ..later go to Karens to have dessert with Hannah , her 20 birthday.. was supposed to be last evening . but they stay too long at their "dinner out".. David doesn't do going out at 9pm..

JoG. poor little girl..no fun when you don't like crowds.
          Maxie, amazing what we do for our grands. when someone else could be helping them... but .. thats what we do I guess. you a good lady!
          Boffer.. when you get to dr. and get a med... let me know... I have been fighting a cough, congestion for weeks and weeks.. not sick. just tired of coughing... ( bronchitis I suppose)..
          Donna, get those taxes started!..
          Hi SassyGirl.
          Sharon , sounds like you had a nice trip..Good..

and I will be back to read what you all are doing
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, it was a crowd of "strangers" to the girl. Most of us have barely seen her since her birth. For us it was seeing her in person for the first time. I can imagine how overwhelmed she was. Mostly, daddy would pick her up and carry her to empty places in the yard. But when she "met" someone, she was fine with a parent nearby. She took to me when I said her name (Alora), and what a huge beautiful smile she had. I didn't try to hold her, because I was still new to her, and also my arm strength is not what it should be these days. (But I will certainly get out might weights and start using them.).
            She's a big girl for her age, wearing size 18-mo already. 👶🏻
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X