Good Thursday Morning to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Thursday Morning to all

Good Morning to all...looks like old man winter wants to have a few last hooooorahs!! A cool 29 degrees this morning but the sun is peeking out so that is a good thing to see after all the dark drab days we have had. Yesterday was a busy one, first to the Drs., then a stop at the grocery store, then home, then back out again to go purchase a new laptop, well we ended up buying two, his and hers because 'hers' doesn't want to share, LOL....been a long time since buying a laptop my how things have changed will have some 'playing' to do, need to find my way around things and how to download and where to put things...

Bought more pork sirloin so I could make more breakfast sausage patties for us, like homemade so much better than store bought, not so much fat and greasy..
    Also still need to get that laundry done, but hubby says today is the day we go get our passports started....so not sure of how much 'inside' stuff I will get done..not much else to report or talk about, time to get the spices together for the sausage.

Have a great day one and all, any day above ground is a good day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Well I spoke too soon yesterday about feeling better...my symptoms and new symptoms came yesterday after work...I ended up in the e.r. My uti has turned is turning into a kidney infection...and they think that based on family history and symptoms there is a chance I passed a kidney stone. I am headed to work this morning...they are short by atleast 1 and I don't want to make them that much shorter. My job isn't that hard..and If I feel bad enough I can leave when I am done with my work.

Cori must know I am not feeling well...She was snuggled next to my belly when I woke in the night and came back to bed and snuggled and went to sleep after eating around 4. I think she would probably still be right there with me if I wasn't up.

Everyone have a good day....Here are some hugs for those that need them....***hugs***

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..We are seeing the sun..What a storm...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, all. Looks like no more rain until Sunday so it should be sunny all day.

Finally beginning to feel better after almost 2 months of muscle spasms. Finally got it sorted out. PT for a few weeks. Still have no energy.

Sorry for being absent so long.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad you are feeling better!

good morning ...

SassyGirl.. I have nose art done by my kitty too..!..

cold again,, and promising us snow flakes through the morning ... just pretty ones... yck.

D. will probably want to "go somewhere" today... I would prefer to set in the warm house. but he is bored... Granddaughter returned our second car.. she has been driving for over 2 months.. it needs inspected and probably needs something ... now if she needs a ride to work ,I will take her...they had two cars lined up to buy , but both deals fell through...

Bethina,Just dont get yourself over tired!.

Have fun on the laptop Sharon,, I'm still wondering around in the dark on the Kindle Fire... but did find BOOKS at last... Mainly ,I go to google and navigate from there ...

time to get organized .. ( comb my hair. put the shoes on). and get ready to wonder out into the cold.... D. is calling the Garage to get appointment for car... they will probably want it today.. I wanted to drive it for a couple days first. see you all later .stay warm stay well.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,..Me too..

Sharon, fun to get the passports! iu have to get mine renewed. Even though no family lives outside of the US and I don't have any trips planned, you never know...
        Good morning! I am on my desktop. I had to find an email from my insurance guy and download the form he sent me. Got that much easier than I thought I would and have time to write here.
        I have an early boy today as well as the early girl so I need to be organized and ready.
        I got a text from a policewoman who is on the board for the pet shelter if I would make some dog beds out of sweaters. I had seen a post on Facebook and said yes. My good friend, Barbara went to the Salvation Army store and bought 6. Theyw ere all 1/2 off and really nice heavy sweaters. She isn't well enough to do much so I will make them and stuff them and they will be from both of us.
        Yesterday was a good day. The temperature got up to 66! It is chilly in the morning with frost on the roof, but nice that it warms up. We have rain coming in sometime, but for now, I am just enjoying the break.
        I bought our tickets to Maryland and changed the dates. the first time I thought of going I planned it for the last 10 days in June and then thought about the 4th of July and decided to adjust the dates so we could be with the boys on their first American 4th of July. In Japan their family always hosted a party for their American friends and a lot of their Japanese friends, but often had to have it on the weekend because of the work day it landed on. Now they can have the full red, white and blue effect!
        Hal, the second grade grandson, won First Prize in the Science Fair, Second grade division! He thought up his project (the effects of citrus juice on Styrofoam) and I posted pictures of him and his trophy yesterday. Proud Grandma!
        I better run and be waiting in the daycare.
        My mom has two appointments today that Becky will be taking her to...so glad she can be available for helping my mom.
        Maye, Becky uses her Kindle Fire for all her school work. She has a couple of textbooks downloaded on it; one is a rental textbook.
        Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning.
          It's 40° outside this morning, going to 73° today. This is spring. The elm trees now have buds on them, and I am anxious to see the leaves come out.
          This morning I woke at 4, stayed up for an hour, and decided to go back to bed. Slept 2 more hours.

Not a whole lot going on here. I made spaghetti & meatballs last night, with mixed spring veggies on the side.
          E bought some "peeps oreos" yesterday. My sweet tooth was addicted to them at first bite. So I'm trying to stay away from them.

Barb, it's good to see you back. I'm glad you're feeling better.
          Beth, hope you feel better soon.
          Sharon, I've never made sausage...I bet it's healthier than the stuff in the stores. I should try making my own sometime. Will you share your recipe, please?

Hi Sassy, Hi Maye, Hi to all who follow or who posted while I'm typing.

Have a super-duper day! ☀️

Paula, my DD in Washington state has a chihuahua that could use a doggie bed like that. Are they difficult to make, and where can I find instructions?
          Also, do your grandsons keep in touch with their friends in Japan, so they can explain their experience here of the red-white-&blue here?
          Last edited by JoGee; 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            I make individual patties, put them in between wax paper, freeze them, then put in freezer bags so we can take out what we want when we want them. We used the last of ours this week and the first thing hubby said was "we need to make more of these", I ask him, "where did the 'we' come from", LOL

Pork Sausage

2 lbs. pork loin
            3 tsps.Kosher salt
            2 1/2 tsp. ground sage
            2 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
            1/2 Tablsp. Cayenne Pepper
            1 tsp. sugar
            1/4 cup water

Cube pork, add spices, mix thoroughly, leave in refrigerator overnight. Put through fine blade of grinder, add the water and mix until sticky, make into patties, we do 2 oz. patties.

Sounds good! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning!

Well, I thought I had checked in. Guess not.

I put Sharon's sausage recipe in the kitchen. Haven't had a recipe to post there in a loooooooong time, and I wanted it saved in case I ever got industrious enough to try it.

Barb, so glad to find you here today.

O darn. There's the phone. Better go.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​When I went to my new financial advisor, I mentioned that I needed to find a lawyer to do a codicil to my will. Both of my Executors had passed so I needed to name others. Anyway he said that I could find out how to do that on the internet. When I got home, I did a search and was able to make the codicil. It only cost me $20. whereas it would have been more expensive at a lawyer. He would have probably talked me into writing a whole new will. Anyway, I went to the courthouse and got it notarized and they furnished the 3 witnesses. The cost me a whole big fat 0. So for a total of $20. I got my will updated. I changed more than just the executors.

​After I got home from all the running around, I started coughing like I had the croup. Now if you want some "real pain", just start coughing with a broken rib. Of course I started on some mucinx and some hot lemon and honey drink. When I cough yet this morning, I still sound a little croupie, but I'm not coughing as much. The medicine routine will continue yet today.

Hope all have a good day.

People are funny, they want the front of the bus, the middle of the road, and the back of the church.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I have been up since 4 but still sitting here in my jams. My sister called early and we fixed some of the world's problems and talked about grands. Her soon to be 3 year old is one I would not want to raise! To darn smart and her vocabulary skills and imagination are way past a 3 year old! So I am going to head in and shower then fold the towels I washed and dried yesterday. Sierra coming by tomorrow after class and Andrew has spelling to study tonight. He left early last night and not in a very good mood but I didn't bother to find out his problem...guessin he and his father had a disagreement. Left overs tonight and I'm hoping a hockey game. Finally finished that book now need one that does not tax my brain....actually I have a book my neice sent about the History of Salt...she says it is entertaining and informative. It may also be one I return to her after the first chapter and I dig out a murder mystery. My mood is more into a murder mode! Better get dressed before it is time for the guys to come in.

Comment

Working...
                X