Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 16..Feb

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..It looked like it will be one sunny day..
    I thought we need good laugh to day...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

ood morning...I am up but in a mood..pray for me and the people that cross my path today!!

It all started last night..when I came home from church there were people next door again...the house was lit was up. Then I saw too people leave..as I crossed my yard there was funky sweet smell of some sort...well one of the thing they got in trouble for at the house was cooking meth.....I came and locked my doors and called my neighbor across the street. She told me to call 911 if I smelled something so I did. I requested the cops call me back...he did and basically said yes it was obvious there were people in the house but no one answered the door and he couldn't do anything because it was not the home owners calling the law!

My friend Vickie moves today. Its good and sad both. She will be in a nursing home relatively close to me but 3.5 hours from her twin sister. This is the furthest they have ever been apart. She still really wants to go home. The nursing home seems very nice.

Cori was a loud kitty off and on all night...

So my mind just wouldn't stop last night...

I have a very long day ahead of me and then coming home for an early bed time.

Comment

Good morning,

just a quick hello.. computer is being weird.. must call in a grandkid and have him look over this messed up old computer... ..

very sad funeral yesterday of our friends 50 year old daughter.. losing your child at any age must be one of life's toughest situations... Donna came to visit me when I got home. bringing me soup and delicious bread. and cookies!. and to chat.. what a wonderful niece.

today I will go visit with my daughter"s mother in law.. she had a stoke a couple years ago and now is in stage of dementia.. I will go entertain her for a couple hours.. to give her a change and Daug. a break too.
      ......we share 3 grandkids.. she thinks of me as "the nice girl".,,,, don't remember my name .today Im taking a childs puzzle with me for us to build.. while we talk.

see you later, (I hope)
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye almost losing a child was bad enough I could not imagine the pain of losing a child...I have a friend that has lost two of her children and a third one tried to commit suicide...I don't know how she copes...well "nice girl" what a wonderful thing to do today...and yes, having a niece like Donna would be awesome...happy for you...hope one of the Grandkids can help Grandma out you sure are there for them when needed..

Good Morning and a cold one it is....Sassy I loved the graphic, made me laugh...my kitty got off to a bad start this morning, I can't have live plants or get flowers because they try to eat them, well hubby got me Roses for Valentines Day and during the day we put them on top of the curio and at night take them in our bedroom and keep the door closed, well this morning when I opened the door to go out didn't realize Sam went in next thing I know I hear hubby hollering at him, you guessed it, he was on my dresser trying to eat the flowers, and soon there after he got sick...darn cat.

I am having allergies like I have never had them before, my nose and one eyelid looks horrible...I look like Rudolph with a booger hanging out of his nose because now I have a scab on the outside of my nose...YUCK!!! Over the counter meds are not taking care of the problem...And we have a shindig to go to on Saturday, going to look real cute, hope they dim the lights, lots of make up and hope I don't have to blow my nose, LOL....been using my Netty pot also...

No real plans for the day, just go along and play it by ear...we did pick up some luggage the other day, figured being gone for 12 days I needed a bigger suitcase...and the carry on will need to be big enough to hold my meds and a change of clothes if we get stranded, and some snacks, LOL...Made homemade mac & cheese yesterday had not made any of that in years always just buy some, hubby was so happy...

Well off to read the news and finish my coffee..

JoG my dizziness is caused from Meinere's since I have had it for so long that when it comes I just hold on for dear life and not move to fast...also try and do those exercises for equilibrium.

Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Sharon, can you get a Kenalog shot? It cleared up my allergies right in the midst of a horrible bout.
        That was a year ago and I am scheduling another before these trees bud out in my yard.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        boffler,thank-you..AWW..That is not good....I can not have any flower or plants..I have eating machine....
        Awww..On the flowers..That sound just like my cat..lol..
        My allergies are going over load..I am glad it is not cold..We are so close to the tree..I think there something blooming..
        I am with you on the allergies..My nose it the worse..lol.

Good morning everyone.

Sassy, got a laugh at the graphic this morning. I'm so thankful that we didn't have snow this winter YET. Was going to buy a snow blower this year, but my ​gut kept telling me not to. Sometimes we have to listen to our inner mind.

​Well today the "old buggy" gets new shoes. The bank account will get pulled down. May have to go to the back yard and dig up some of the "money cans".

Today we start a good long stretch of 60 degrees and higher. Monday they say we will get to 70. Have already made plans to burn E.'s stick pile then. Will probably take all day to get it all burned down to where we can leave it for the night.

That's all folks.....have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jostoy,I had good laugh too..Me too..I am so happy..Oh Darn.!!! I jinix us..lol..I do not have room for snow blower..I would listen to your "GUT".That is right..

Good morning!
      I woke early today, and have been answering emails.
      Yesterday we stopped at Joann's, and I bought artificial flowers for my front yard pots. Time to put the poinsettias away Til needed again.
      Not sure what flower types I got, but they're pretty. It's going to be pinks and white for spring and summer. Might add another color to it this summer. By fall the weather will destroy them all, but the poinsettias will be out again after that.
      We went out for dinner last night. I told E to pick the place...it was a close-to-home Italian place. The meat sauce had little taste on the linguini. But I brought a meals worth home and will add "real" pasta sauce to it. 🙄

Our weather should be in the low 70's today & tomorrow. But tomorrow should feel slightly cooler due to expected winds.
      The weekend will drop tothe 60's with rain....so they say.

Boffler, I was never diagnosed with Meinere's. I've told my doctors about the bits of dizziness I have been getting, but none of them seem to think it's a problem. But years ago an ENT guy gave me an exercise I can use, takes about 2-3 minutes of hanging my head off the bed and facing right then left then forward to 30-60 seconds in each position. Thanks for reminding me...I'd forgotten about it. It did work.

Beth, I wonder if Cori needs a companion for when you're not there all day. It might calm her down.

Sassy, what a funny graphic that is; yet I feel sorry for someone playing such a trick on that cat.

Maye, you are a very "nice girl". You do nice things for people. You always have a good word for those who can use one. 😀

Have a nice day, everyone.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee,I thought so too....I thought it was dirty trick..

"Dig up the money cans"...love they way you express it! Did that earlier this week myself. Things are good here..not great but good enough. Last night I cooked hot dogs and french fries and they could make their own salads if they wanted. Andrew has been very critical all week of the menus but was in hog heaven last night....his dad not so much but I get tired of the constant complaining. If that kid only knew how lucky he was that I even put any type of food on the table at all. It is no joke ladies, I hate to cook. I am totally finished with cooking and after buying a cake mix for a valentine cake went out the next day and bought a cake...a blue one since they were out of red decorations. How this oven got so dirty is beyond me because I hate using it. Jon came up from the cave last night and said he was running to the grocery after dropping Andrew off and he would make taco salad tonight. You know? I hate taco salad but will eat anything someone else cooks. Sierra ask if I had meatballs and you know I always have a fresh supply. Tomorrow is spaghetti and meatballs. Now that is my comfort food!!! Pasta of any type!! She is the same way...probably because I raised her on pasta several times a week, and Andrew used to love it....we will see if he does tomorrow. He has been a real smart mouth and last night Jon said he started in on his sister...Drew has two sisters, one with his mother and Sierra by his father. They are the exact same age...small world right? Anyway he started in on her last night and Jon had to step in. He said it was kinda funny with Drew starting in on a 20 year old sister and she just turned on him and quietly said "I'm going to tell mom"!! Something is eating at the little guy but why can't kids be civil with their problems and just ask for help? Spring training has officially started and the Blues won again last night. They are so hot and maybe..please please..will make the playoffs. I love baseball one night and hockey the other. Always something to watch. Guess I have jabbered on and on...it is another beautiful morning with warm temps this afternoon. Weatherman says we are in a mini drought. Who cares? It is sunny and warm and I cannot wait for 90s. As soon as I knock off this valentine cake I am going to start watching my weight so I can get into last summers clothes. Might run the vac today for a little exercise plus the floors are getting crunchy. A floating dust bunny doesn't bother me but the crunch sound is annoying. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Comment

Funny kitty, sassy!
        No rain right now, but windy and scattered showers for the next 5 days.
        I tried to get my broccoli and cauliflower and little carrots cooked up before daycare so I could get rid of the smell...the exhaust fan has a hard time pulling out that . The first two kids in this morning wrinkled their noses and asked what that smell was. I could have scared them by saying Lunch, but I just said I was cooking some of my dinner. The two toddlers and one 4 year old will eat it, but the other three won't eat any vegetables. Not even corn!
        Maxie, when I hint of all the meals I have made over the years, I feel totally justified in eating whatever I want...or not cook at all.
        Maye, sorry about your friend's daughter. I think your taking a puzzle is such a great idea! A lot of comfort in your visit without the pressure of trying to keep up in a conversation.
        Here com s my human dynamo!

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A..Thank-you..

Good Morning.

I'm here but busy with this darn newsletter. Getting emails and phone calls constantly. We are up to 18 pages. Who is going to read all this?

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

Afternoon all! It's cold & snow just keeps drifting down slowly....very pretty.

Yesterday wasn't super productive. I did get 4 loaves of Mickie's cottage cheese bread made. 2 of the loaves were for Kathy as requested. I made a small pot of cheesy potato soup and took some of it & a loaf of bread to Aunt J's along with some filled cookies. We did have a nice chat. Didn't get very far on sorting stuff for taxes. When I dropped off the cookies at the doctor's office for their weekly goodies, I found out that the insurance company rejected paying for my new insulin Rx. She's going to try a different route now & go straight to the Pharm company. FINALLY got Blaise to finish his Valentines cards for today's party.

This morning was a busy one. Went to Bible study, then met Sue & Kathy at Sheetz to pass off stuff. Sue was getting my stack of coupons and she was giving me the Reece mini Cups she got for me yesterday. Kathy was getting the two loaves of bread I made her. She told me her & her friend Katie found a small house to rent and they'll be moving in in the next 2-4 weeks once the place is done being remodeled. At least it has appliances and is in a nice part of Natrona Hghts. After getting all that done, I met my friend Debbie for lunch. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. I'm hungry for spaghetti. We haven't had that in a few weeks.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
          X