Good Morning, its Saturday, 2/11/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning, its Saturday, 2/11/2017

Good Morning you kind, sweet, loveable friends, so glad to be here.

Already wondering what to fix for breakfast, hubby likes breakfast on the weekends, sometimes he cooks, sometimes me...last night was it was 'on your own' night, I just was not in the mood for much so I had some fruit and 4 pieces of popcorn chicken...Don't know what the day may hold but feel the need to just get out of the house and do something...

The curio cabinet needs all the glass cleaned as it was to cold and foggy when they delivered it, they always clean mirrors, glass, etc. when they deliver and set things up. Maybe next week I will start putting things in it...I have a pretty good collection of Boyd's Bears, hubby said I need to display them as family members and friends have been the ones buying them for me and I need to show I care, so they shall get unboxed and set up, also have some stuffed ones..You know I had tried to 'modernize' my house but when it comes down to it, I like the 'country' look so much better and I am trying to get back to that...I would much prefer kind of an off white color in my rooms instead of the colors I now have...hubby disagrees, at some point I hope to change it, LOL...

Well I am off to read the news and get my morning started off with some breakfast also..Hope all is well for everyone, hope to come back and see what everyone is up to today...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..Foggy....

"WOW"...On the collection..On the Boyds bears..I find a cornor and display them..Enjoy them from family and friends..

Here is pic...The cat in the pic..Cat saw the Christmas tree for the first time....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning.

Well, we've already had breakfast - pancakes. I also have my jello salad in refrig and cooked a huge pan of pinto beans.

Food for the day is all lines up.

Cat woke me at 4:30, so I've gotten a LOT done in the house and on the newsletter.

It's a good day! Yay!

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning!
        I've been up for a bit, had a waffle and tea.
        The weatherman says we will hit 80° again today...I can deal with that. To me it feels great. For E, just the opposite.
        Today I'd like to go to Costco for a few things. Hope E feels like going, too.
        Otherwise, not a lot going on here.

Boffler, your house sounds so nice. I'd say keep color in the walls. Ours is off-white everywhere, and I hate that.
        E had a bear collection...the black bears, some with tan snouts. Most he's given away. But he loves the hand puppet one I bought in Alaska for him, and the "butler-bear" with a slice of wood he holds like a platter, which sits by the front door. I have a fairy collection, some blown glass things, and butterfly.

Cookie, the package arrived just fine. We can't touch the goodies until after my doctor appointment Monday. We don't want my A1C to go up again. Or any other blood levels changed, as I have a panel of blood work before I see the doc.
        So it's in a safe place for now...out of sight, but not out of mind. (E put me on these restrictions, but he is trying really hard to lose weight. &#128516 A couple days won't hurt.

To everyone, have a great day.☀️

Sassy & Elaine, it looks like we were typing together this morning!
        Last edited by JoGee; 02-11-2017, 08:43 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee,That is too funny..We are working together..lol..

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          No I want the color gone, had off white walls for most of my life except when we moved to Salem, IL and then here, and I have to say I love my white walls better, I like adding color in the room and can change curtains, rugs, pillows, and other things without it clashing...

Good Morning ,,,

holding my breath but the computer is almost back to "normal"... called guru grandson who lives 8 hrs away. and he walked me through a step or two guessing what might be the problem.. had me tweak this, and that.. didnt seem to do anything .. but ............after we hung up I did a restart and it looks much Better.. since the Avast security system says it has a corrupt patch(????). Kiel told me not to worry , just stay off internet sites and the strange side stuff on Facebook.. ..so with very cautious finger .. I can do my routine visits .. Roundtable being the most visited place ..
        I urged the young man to consider taking a Friday off and make it a weekend vacation and come see his grand father. and maybe he and I would go shopping !

and so Hello dear friends... I would miss you all so much .. I can get to RT. via iPhone. but somehow doesnt seem the same

JoG. been following your health issues closely.. thanks for sharing .. you are an amazing person..!.. and the same to you Sharon,,, sure makes my achy knees a minor item!...

I am cooking today. yes, that is an announcement..... making a big pot of Beef Bacon Chowder.. the soup I made for Christmas eve many times... so good warmed up . frozen . etc etc.. tired of opening cans of soups that have toooo much salt in.. so going to make myself cook up stuff and freeze portions..

ok off I go to the kitchen..

Sassygirl. how sweet.. wonder if that is a real picture of the lights reflected in cats eyes.???.. because their eyes do glow in the dark..

see you.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,I thought so too..I do not know..They sure do..

Good Morning! I really slept in this morning.

Yesterday was very productive...you know me...I like productive days. I got the rest of the cupcakes baked & all decorated. Sue brought me some large box tops the other week, and I ended up covering the one with red wrapping paper (thought that would contrast well with the choc icing) and foil on the bottom. All 40 cupcakes fit in there perfectly. I placed them in there before icing them. Then it was onto making that Samoa pie. Talk about decadent. I betting it is. You use a 2 C jar of caramel topping while making the pie...some in the filling, a layer on top of that, some mixed with toasted coconut, and then some drizzled across the top as well as choc drizzle.

I was in the cooking mood, so I made chicken w/mushrooms & onions for Cork and made orange chicken for me. Then I tried a new salad recipe...barley & butternut squash salad. I didn't have any squash, but I had a couple yams, so I used them instead. It's a keeper. I spent the evening while watching TV wrapping my new clothes pins with foil, so now I have 200 pins to make the ladylocks. Next Friday Sue is going to come & we are going to make a bunch of LL and I'm going to freeze about half of them empty incase someone wants a different flavor than vanilla.

Well I feel really behind this morning since I slept in, but I don't have much on my agenda anyways, so that's OK. Laundry & BB game...that's it. Of course there is always paperwork needing done & cleaning of something. Maybe I'll do my pantry cupboard in the kitchen. At this point I have no baking or cooking to do today.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...Cori had me up at 330....then I was awake around 630 thinking I was treating my dad and brother in law to donuts but when I went upstairs dad was already gone. I called him to see what in the world was going on...thinking he would come back for me. Not the case he was in a hurray my uncle was over half way here to work on electrical on my sisters. So I went back to sleep. Cori came to bed with me for a two hour nap on me. My Bible study group is having a girls night out...we are getting together at one of the other ladies. I am making white chocolate drizzle popcorn for that..I am making canned cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning Bible Study. I have been assigned dessert permanently my request. So if you know of easy desserts let me know

Comment

Good morning! Can't tell you how nice it is to be back whenever I want!! Yesterday Sierra shopped until she dropped....actually grandma dropped from following behind. I bought her one shirt but she paid for everything else and actually did not expect me to pay. We got home in time for Jon to pull up and he started the grill. She stayed until 7:30! Went out and talked with her dad while the fire was getting ready and then while he grilled. Helped clean the table and then we all visited our respective fb sites for a while and shared news from them. It was a totally perfect evening. I thought I had mentioned that mommy dearest and I have had several conversations. We are not happy with the new boyfriend and Sierra has been very unhappy and even told her mother she was tired of being sad...I took that as a sign of something that could happen and another suicide of a young person from home scared us all. Everyone has backed off and she is so much happier and it is showing. She did tell me yesterday that she has thought about moving back and that she missed it. I think with Andrew here every night and the homework interaction (fight) we are more of the family she wants. But since she changed schools she is much closer with where mommy dearest lives. Oh well, at least mommy's boyfriend has butted out and decided maybe being a dad isn;t that easy so guess we won't have to worry about him until Sierra wins some big award and he wants to sit in the front row as the daddy again. But for now Sierra is happy and we ARE talking to the mommy. We talk to Andrew's mom every day so no reason we shouldn't talk with the other...well, other than she is witch. Today I will have no grands in or out. it is Jon's weekend to work. Scott had thought about coming home for a day trip but with his brother working decided to wait. After a week of sick little boy I am ready for a jammy day. Plenty of left over hamburger and brauts for supper and the Blues play tonight. They are playing beautiful hockey and I am loving it! Sierra and i looked at tickets to see one more game this season and the prices have gotten so high. We did not pay anything near the price they wanted when we went in December and January. Guess we will save our money for ballgames this summer. Food prices are cheaper at the ballpark too. Have a great day everyone, another warm and sunny one here. These warm February days are the best treat ever!!! Well, maybe not as great as a 90* day but close..

Comment

I am late and my handymen just showed up but I have to post:
              Donna, the Lady locks are the Best!!!

Comment

It is a back and forth kind of Sunny Day!
                My new closet doors are going to be so nice in the daycare little bedroom. I used to call it the Baby Room because I had two cribs in there but haven't used them for quite awhile. This coming Wednesday I have an 11 month old who is on a waiting list for Head Start and he will be the only crib in there now.
                My room will be next on the closet door list!
                I am going to share some of the cookies Donna made with a friend. My will power is not good enough to think I can ration them!
                I am hope no the wind and the sun will dry my grass enough for me to mow it this afternoon. I actually have grass growing in places it hasn't been for a long time. The drought just may be over!
                Sharon, I hope you are feeling better. Our homes are our place of calm and peace and whatever makes me or you happy is how it should be.
                JoG, that soup sounds delicious!
                And happy day to all of us!!!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.

​Left early this morning for the lake to check on the camper. Everything looked fine.

Maxie, it sure is nice to have you back with us. Did it take a new computer or just some "cleaning"?

Enjoy the rest of the day.
                  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                  X