Monday Monday (sing the song) Feb 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Monday (sing the song) Feb 6th

Good SUNNY Morning! Let's get this week started.

Yesterday was good. We all went to church including Becca. She drove separate & left right after church because she had plans with other friends. Once we got home from church & SS, I started makin' & bakin' the pies that were ordered. While they were baking, I made a batch of buckeyes. While those were chillin', I started a pot of chili. Kathy & Jimmy popped in for a visit. Had a nice chat. Chili didn't turn out as good as expected. I've lost my touch. I only watched the singing of the anthem of the SB. I like Luke Bryant (I think that's how you spell his name). He's the whole package....personality, looks, & voice.

Never did get the laundry done, so that's today's project along with a few other cleaning projects. This morning sometime a customer is suppose to be coming to pick up her big order that took most of last week to complete. After she leaves, I'm heading into town to grocery shop.

Time to get Blaise up & movin'. Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 02-06-2017, 07:18 AM.

Good Morning.

We watched the SB - start to finish. Although I was rooting for Atlanta, it was still a good game and I LOVED half time.

Back to the grind today. Cancer center and then a little shopping.

Donna, thought Kathy and Jimmy were over. Guess I missed something.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      No...you didn't miss anything. Jimmy just moved back in for convenience, at least that's what Kathy says. To help pay bills. Who knows. When you don't hear from her but maybe once a week, you don't always get the true story. Yesterday's visit was the first in a month to see Blaise. I think it was a visit to remind me that her birthday is coming up this week. Probably hoping I'd have given her her gift or whatever yesterday so she wouldn't have to come back up this week. She still hasn't figured out that she missed my birthday 3 weeks ago.

Speaking of missed birthdays.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Morning...definately feeling the Monday...was awake in the night with a bad head ache...still have it this morning...really hoping I am not getting the crap going around work...its making its 2nd trip around!

Bible Study was exceptionally good yesterday I think that I am going to stick with this church at least for the time being.

Work then come home and get Cori into her cage and daddy and I will take her to have her nails trimmed. I am going to see if they will weigh her while I am there. Then home to fix supper. On the menu for tonight is Tuna sandwiches chips and cottage cheese.

Comment

Good Morning

Dr day for me.. just routine checkup .. I hope... did the lab work twice last week .. Mondays was the full routine.. Thursday's was rechecking the potasium level.. hoping Dr. doesn't hunt something she wants tested... David has enough testing and Doctoring to keep me busy... will stop at a Walmart on way home.. and maybe do lunch... and Library.too .. sun is shining
      and roads are bare!.

Fantastic ending to game yesterday.. David said.. Atlanta was just playing too sloppy in second half and beat themselves.. and he lost $5 bet with son Mike .
      Karen and I had a nice visit.. and she had a nice supper for us. !..

better get organized and out of here soon.. see you all later .

Hi everyone.!.. stay warm.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I had morning chores...

Maye,They did...lol...On the bet..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Sassy, thanks for this. I copied it.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A..Any time...Yes...You can...Go head...

From Maxie:

Morning Donna, thanks for asking. Nothing new from here. The fact that I found anything to write about daily can probably be attributed to my gift of gab! What did I write about? Things are the same everyday around here. Jon made his strike vote last week but it will continue for another week. Things are not looking good financially in this household with a governor who will not negotiate and sending out press releases of lies. But you all know how I can go on and on about that! The other day I fell off the back step....who moved it?..and thank goodness Sierra was here. But we laughed about it and she knows I have stated I would be marching in the next local protest march and ask if she should pull me in a wagon...you betcha girl if it would get you to participate plus I could carry a bigger sign if I didn't have to worry about steps and holes to fall into. It is so nice to have my little girl back even though we do not speak of anything with a serious tone...yet, I am building up to a full blown honesty conversation. Homework is still the low point of evenings. i had to get online and see what an array was...it actually helped me understand factoring better but not so much for a 10 year old. Teacher says to do extra work on his multiplication. HELLOOOO! We have no time for anything extra after a rip roaring session of math then on to spelling. We have cake and ice cream celebrations if there is no homework!!! This morning I am leaving bright and early for a doctors appointment and maybe he will give me something to get my voice back...this cold has just completed it's 5th week and worn out it's welcome. Of course it will probably just turn into another blood letting. What is with these vampire doctors? If they can't see anything they have to drain you and wish. Should have called about getting my computer in last week since I am going home today but have had other things on my mind. Must do that this week. By other things I mean planning meals and grocery shopping. Who says I have no life? My sister is starting on the plans for her new house so we talk every morning. Sometimes all morning! so my life is full and I don't have to leave the house often. Foggy this morning but warmish for February. Spring is getting closer and this global warming is good for the heating bills. January was 5* warmer than normal not that I noticed much. We will dance in the streets when it hits 90 and stays that way for the rest of my walking years. So you see I go on and on and must have done this every day. How boring for you all. I read about you all and wish for good things for all of you. Stay healthy and happy. I am off to visit the doctor and then the bank and home to laundry. We are a dirty lot around here!! Thanks for letting me stay in touch Donna...

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie I love your gift of gab, and hearing all about your life, family, good and bad...Just like sitting around the table having coffee and talking, wish we could..

Good morning, everyone.
        Today I see the cardiac doctor. This is a new doctor for me to be seeing. They "fix" one thing, then give you a doctor for something else, I guess.
        The weather drops to the very low 70's for a couple of days. Not too crazy about that. The temps are yo-yo'ing. On Thurs & Friday we hit the 80's, then it plummets again. The weather is so weird!!!
        We didn't watch the SB......just not into sports.

E doesn't care for chili....so we only have it when I get a huge craving for it. I use Taco seasoning in it, which we both prefer.
        Beth, I like cottage cheese with crushed pineapple mixed in it. E likes his with salt and pepper.
        ELAINE, I hope John tolerates his treatments better this week. There is a Med that controls nausea & another for vomiting if he needs it. Ask the doc. I was very lucky, I didn't need them.
        Cookie, most of my kids remember when my birthday falls on Father's Day, and that's when I get their cards every year. A couple have caught on it's just mid-June. The lazy/cheap ones started saying birthdays are for kids. I said, Oh No! Life can really suck, and I've earned recognition for every year that I survive it. Every year is my "merit badge" to be acknowledged. (Actually, that was a joke, two come up with gifts for me, and the others come up with a card.). Often, they forget E's entirely. This year E faced what he expected an empty day. So I asked the kids to at least send a card this year, it's not fair to exclude Dad! So he got cards and 3 gifts! I bought him a box of banana Twinkies, which he loves.

Well, nothing of note happening here.
        ☀️Have a great day, everyone.☀️

Glad to see you back, Sassy!
        Donna, thanks for posting for Maxie!
        Maxie, be glad the docs haven't gone back to draining with leeches!!!
        Last edited by JoGee; 02-06-2017, 10:06 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee..I been busy..I am making coasters for the bazzar..In April..I am back..

Windy Monday morning here and all through the night. The power went off once and I got up around 3:30 and set the clock correctly.
        My favorite childhood cousin passed away yesterday. Suddenly. Her daughter texted me then called and talked for an hour. Cheryl was the first call I would make whenever I came to Red Bluff to visit. We got married the same year, had babies the same year and our two oldest were friends through high school. We hadn't been as close and she didn't venture out much at all. Pretty sure there was a drinking problem. I am making a chicken casserole to take over later and will be telling my daycare parents I'm taking the funeral day off. This is the first one in my generation of cousins and my mother is pretty shook up.
        The baby just got here. Sorry to read and run.
        Hope you all do well today.

Comment

Oh, Paula, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Family is so important.

I am one of the older cousins in our family. I've heard when some of the younger ones died. I have some who won't keep in touch, but my brother says they have big money and are afraid people will try to "get it". All they have is each other, then. Sadly, I'm used to cousins/relatives who turn away.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Our families were all so close and then it just seemed like we weren't. They all were there for me when our daughter passed away, though, and I will always be grateful for that.

My song of the morning was Rainy Days and Mondays. Sorry. I know we need the rain but a few more breaks would be uplifting. Have a good one.

Comment

I know just what you mean, Barb.
            Yesterday ended dreary, and today is a dreary gray day.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X