Sunday Morning and the 'Sun" is coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning and the 'Sun" is coming up

Good Morning to all...these allergies are kicking my nose and eyes!!! I like crust but on a pie not on my face...

Went to an antique show in a mall yesterday, did not see anything I could not live without, but did see and antique guy dressed in women's clothing....now mind you I am not passing any judgements or anything like that but we where behind him/her and saw someone with black nylons, black skirt, and some very bright red high heels, but then they spoke and hubby and I both gave each other a strange look...after we had walked away we both spoke of how surprised we were, hubby said he saw it and then heard the voice and thought the voice doesn't go with what he was seeing...I think us 'older folks' are a little more shocked than the younger generation..

Well we ate at a Mexican restaurant yesterday and something has hit the hubby's stomach big time, hope he is better this morning, lucky for him this household always has anti diarrhea medicine on hand...
    Nothing much planned for today, stay inside, hubby may work on taking out more trees if he is feeling up to it...

jostoy, how nice of V and you for going above and beyond to make it work..
    Elaine, I love Chinese also, hope jostoy got her Chinese fix yesterday or maybe today...I can remember two Christmas Days coming to Ohio for Christmas and having to eat at Chinese restaurant because that was all that was open...

Hope we get more visitors here today..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning, Friends.

Sharon, John had a bad day with his stomach yesterday. After 4 days of chemo shots, it caught up with him. Jello, rice, canned pears and scrambled eggs were all he could deal with.
    I, on the other hand, ate some of my BD cake and a bunch of junk. LOL

Ready for church. Made a pineapple cheese ball. I use candied jalapenos in it. I never bring any home (thank goodness).

Well, hope you all have a super day. I'm sure we'll watch the Super Bowl, although we don't have a team we are rooting for.

Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sorry I missed saying Happy Birthday, Elaine!

Morning..in a funk this week end Cori and I snuggled alot

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Showered, breakfast eaten, and now ready for S.S. and Church. And yes I have on my new jewelry as the gal at the store knew I would like to have it today as V. is going to be at S.S. and Church today. This is her mommy's weekend to have her.

​Yes, Boff, I'm thinking about driving to Vincennes after Church to have Chinese. Have never been to this restaurant before. Where I use to go is closed and has been for at least a year. Finally figure that they have no intentions of re-opening even though their sign outside has said they are hiring and re-opening soon.

​Tomorrow I get a new perm. Ever wonder why today the perm still looks good, go to bed , and when you get up, the perm is all out. It has been 4 months so I can't complain. When I was on all those medications, a perm only lasted 2 months. So I'm getting "double the time" now.

Time to get off here. Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning, again!
        My meeting with tax guy went well. I always hold my breath to see if I have paid out enough during the year...but still good.
        Church today and then rearranging the daycare. I had a few thoughts on my drive to Redding yesterday and want to get started. I also called on the handyman team to get some new closet doors in the small daycare bedroom and my room. Daycare first. I took off the old doors when a child got his fingers caught in them and just left it open. I don't like that look anymore. And the ones in my room are just old.
        I also went to my silk flower shop and got some spring flowers and greenery to re do the wreath I made for a friend. Everytime I go over it just stares me in the face and since she is housebound so much with her poor health I decided to fix her before any of mine.
        Crockpot chicken thighs today with broccoli on the side and some kind of salad...I ate comfort food yesterday and need to clean up the eating a bit.
        I suspect my street will be quiet and filled with extra trucks as people have their Super bowl parties...at least that was how it was during the play-offs.
        Have a good day and enjoy what comes your way.

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a busy one. Worked on final details on several kinds of cookies, then the restaurant called for 2 PB pies, which I had none in my freezer, so I made 4 of them. Now I'm ready when they call the next time. Becca arrived and we had a nice chat & made dinner together. I wanted everything prepped before we went to the BB game at 3:30.

This morning was church & SS. Becca left right after church for home. I have to bake 3 pies after I get off here. I just mixed up the pie dough & waiting for it to chill. Once I get those in the oven, I HAVE to start on the laundry. We thought we'd play cards this evening, but my Mom doesn't feel good, so I guess we are just staying home.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
            Yesterday was a good day for us, even if E overslept again. He hasn't been feeling totally well, so I let him get the extra rest. I made HB for lunch. Then we went to the theater for the mid-afternoon show. No doubt about it, we are Star Wars fans. The robot (pre-R2D2) was funny! The "blind guy" was amazing!! We thought Darth Vadar was done by someone else, but no, it's still James Earl Jones.......the voice wasn't the same, but then let's face it, the guy has aged. How long ago did all this begin?
            Afterwards we went to The Village Inn for a pancake (I had a waffle) supper. E gets my bacon, and it makes his day!
            Then on to Target...I bought the valentines and some stationery supplies, and E picked up milk.
            Then home. Spent some time reading and gaming on my iPad, before going to bed.

Since I missed the heat of yesterday, being in the theater, I will try to be out in it this afternoon. It'll be 79° today.
            Nothing else new, though. This morning I'll get to addressing the Valentines.

Elaine, did I miss your birthday? Happy belated birthday.....best wishes with all my heart.
            I'm so sorry John is sick from all the chemo. I know how it is to lose ones appetite. Finding something that will stay down.
            E panicks when that happens.
            Candied jalapeņos? I've never seen them. I would try them.

Sharon, I'd be shocked, too. I don't really understand people changing genders, but it's common these days. I accept that it's out there, and it's their right; beyond that, I have a basket full of question marks.
            Sorry your allergies are so severe.

Paula, your dinner today sounds great. What time should we show up? 😉

To everyone, have a great day! ☀️

Maxie, I'm missing your posts, as are others.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X