Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 1/30

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...Brr..It cold outside..Snow in the cars..

I will another cup of coffe..I need it is the donuts..

This is cute pic..(Spock)..lol..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Morning..A lot on my mind this morning..need to sort through the thoughts..would so much easier to just push them all to the side and just keep going. I may be looking for a new church I have not yet decided.

Work this morning..the straight home...my daddy will be here today and so he and I will get some groceries tonight.

Comment

Good Morning....Loved your graphic yesterday, reminded me of how much I and my kitties miss our woodburning insert...such a warm even heat all the time...but a lot of work for sure.

Had a good visit with our son yesterday, took them out to eat also...he is very busy trying to get his company started...wish him the best but it sure worries me as a Mother, but he is an adult so I keep my opinions to myself..

Need to pick up a few things at the grocery store today, but hubby keeps reminding me that Wednesday is seniors day at Krogers LOL Have no clue on menus this week, just don't seem to be in the mood to even think about it...

I have an eye that is really bothering me, keeps draining yucky stuff and sticking shut, and one nostril doing the same, got up a few times during the night to soak it with warm water, weird time for allergies to be active. Will give it a few days before calling an eye Dr. but it is really aggravating feels like something is in it and like a haze is over my eye...

Hubby's Father is not doing well at all, bad infection in his stump area so today another surgery to cut more of his leg off above the knee, they have inserted a feeding tube as he has not been eating and now they say he has C-Diff....we won't be making the trip down there, plus I really don't want to even take the chance of being around the area and catch something myself..its really hard on the hubby he doesn't have the warm fuzzy feeling most would have for a parent given the circumstances of their lives....a Father who left his Mother and the children and never really looked back, long bad history there...like hubby said, he doesn't like what is happening to him but feels no responsibility to be there all the time either...he has his family there to be there for him...sad but true.

Well time to get this day started, it is a cold 22 degrees out and not much hope for any sunshine...Hope all is well with everyone...think we are all getting the winter time blahs....are others still having trouble getting in here? Has Maxie been able to get in?

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Boff, I am on meds,eye drops, for allergies. Have never had an allergy of any kind before in my life. Also drops for "dry eye".

Eyes are important to me, so better get yourself an eye Dr. who can help that eye.

Good Morning! The sun is trying to peek out. Just a dusting of snow overnight.

Yesterday was good. Came home from church and headed for the kitchen. Made stuff for dinner at my Mom's last night and did up all the laundry. That laundry never ends! Got an order for 6 doz groundhog cookies for Wednesday, so mixed up sugar cookie dough & some choc chip dough. Baked off the CC. This coming Friday is day 100 at school and they were given the option of making a shirt with 100 of a particular item of their choice. I bought a box of pasta ABC and we counted out 100 of them. Would you believe it might be a couple TBSP worth? Anyways, I ask the teacher if she'd like me to send in 100 cookies. Blaise thought that was a fantastic idea. So I'm making up a tray of cookies for them and there will be some CC cookies on it. Need to get some marshmallows to make some Rice Krispie treats.

We had a fun time playing cards last night. I was the big loser the whole way around. I was sitting beside my cousin Karen who just turned 50 and we had a great time picking on each other. There were times we were laughing so hard there were tears. FUN!

This morning I plan to bake 3 carrot cakes for the freezer. I'll be prepared then for a few weeks for the restaurant when they call. Aunt J might come to scoop grease balls later this morning. I'm debating about going into town and getting a groundhog cookie cutter though I saw how they did a groundhog face on a circle. We'll see.

My partner Sue just called from WM and they have boys tennis shoes for $1 that were originally $16, so she's picking me up 3 pair. All future sizes. I've called her different times when I've found good sales too.
      Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Oh dear. Thinking about cake and cookies after Donna's post.

Yes, fireplaces are messy, but such excellent heat. We are lucky that someone else cuts our wood, helps stack it in the garage, but from there = it is up to us.

Cancer center for chemo shot each day this week. Hoping it doesn't make him sick to his stomach like last time.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning,

a quick hello and then I'm off to make grease balls..
          went to the lab, early... . it was a fasting blood draw and so hurried home to eat..
          Went to Church at the old neighborhood church again yesterday... such a small group of people... its a shame it does not have a larger congregation. but for now
          I like it this way... lady minister is really good.. another benefit . have a great youngish lady playing piano.. ( Organ music is almost a thing of the past, sad).

Elaine, think of you and John many times through the day..
          Sharon,, take care of yourself.. don't like the sound of you not feeling well.
          Bethina... how nice your Dad is coming to see you today.
          Sassy, did not have any donuts.. was fasting this morning .. darn!

to all. who come in.. HI! , be back to read.later.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Right now our organist is out with knee surgery. The substitute organist plays so loud I can't hear myself singing!
            Our regular organist is learning to play the harp and for Christmas I asked her to play the prelude music ( about 15 minutes) on the harp. So beautiful and everyone was so quiet before our Christmas service, even the little kids.

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye,Oh Bummer..!!! double darn.!!!

Good morning! Ready to start this week.
          We had a fairly quiet weekend. I shopped for and helped my mom, Becky volunteered at the shelter and I went to see Hidden Figures at the movies.
          I went by myself and glad I did. I would not have wanted any extra talking during the movie and I think I enjoyed it more being by myself with my own memories of growing up during these events.
          I need to turn the heat up a degree and go open up the daycare room.
          Oh, I made chocolate chip cookies. The King Arthur flour recipe I saw on Facebook. It uses 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated and 1 Tblsp. Vanilla. Slightly different from my usual recipe. So good! I took two plates to friends, bagged some and took to my mother with dinner and now I am avoiding eye contact with the rest of them, bagged up on my counter...
          Donna, I love 100's day! Even now, parents will ask me if I have whatever or ideas for something different...cookies is a huge plus!
          Have a good day, hope you all feel better ( those ailing) and your day goes well.

Comment

Good Morning, World.
            I was up most of the night on bathroom runs, with tummy aches, and sometimes dry heaves. So I was in bed til 9 this morning. Hoping it clears up fast.
            I managed to get a haircut appt for Thursday. I commented "Groundhog day? I'll bring my own groundhog." Not one snicker from the receptionist.
            Guess I'll make my tea and hope whatever bug I got goes away.
            Have a good day. It should hit 70° here today. ☀️️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

From Maxie:

Thanks for asking if I have anything to say for you to forward...actually i have nothing to say. Have said very little for most of the month of January because this cold has left me voiceless for the last 3 weeks. I truly do need my fingers to type any communication! This has been the worst cold I have ever had but Andrew loves it because dad has been cooking and they get to eat in front of the tv plus all homework has fallen to dad and he is so easy. Sierra is taking 5 classes this semester and working. We hate her boyfriend...ok so we have never met him but he sure has started a dialog between mommy dearest and Jon. She even called me the other day. Sierra is responsible in so many ways and then takes up with this boy..her first love. I make no mention of him to her but make sure to hug her and tell her I love her every time she leaves here. There was another suicide last week back home of a young person. Sierra went to school with him and two of her classmates have done this...what is so horrible in a child's life that they do this? But I try to let her know I love her every time I see her and pray the wisdom arrow strikes her in the butt. Jon is taking a strike vote this week..hate that! Gov says he will fire them if they strike but he wants to privatize their jobs. What the hell? You know I have a political opinion on all this but I will keep quiet. Gosh being quiet is hard!! So that is all the news from here...me not writing has you missing nothing but I do love to read of your families news. I try not to complain about a stupid cold when others of you are facing serious health issues. Life has been slow here. I look forward to Andrew coming in every afternoon and his stories. I worry about what this first love of Sierra's but she is still going to work and studying hard..doesn't mean I have to like him and the changes he has made in her. Scott sent a number for a computer guy from home who fixes computers so I think I will give him a call. Didn't win the lottery but then I didn't buy a ticket. Blues are playing horrible hockey but Spring training starts soon. Hello to all out there...I'm plotting a return. If I did not delete that computer guy's phone number...hate when I do that!

Comment

Oh, Maxie! I miss all of your posts!
                Hugs and hope you get a hit from the Healthy angel!

Comment

was a good day with Donna...

did get the Lab work done.. then got call from my pcp Dr. office.. they already had the results and my potassium is low... so they were faxing scrip to pharmacy,, ( I had some here . the was still good.. but called and ask if I could take those.. yes... then I will have to re-do lab work late Thru afternoon... ?... but this does explain my weird low blood pressure episode I had the other day... I have not been eating my potaotes . or Yogurt.. just bananas... will take the pills and load up some of the potassium rich stuff.. get it back up..

DAvids sister went into hospital , middle of last night.. she is in congestive heart failure.. has pneumonia. and extreme respiratory problems.. lots of tubes everywhere.. soooo... this may turn into a very long week... she lives about 20 miles from Somerset Pa.. and they sometimes get lots of snow... praying she pulls this , yet again..

see you all in the morning .

found some cream filled donuts .. will share with coffee in the morning .
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maye,That sound great.!!!!
                Working...
                X