Good morning 1/19/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning 1/19/2017

Good morning...first morning this week that I am not really running late!

Work was much better yesterday..on Tuesday two of my supervisors spent a huge chunk of my shift rearranging my department...the new lay out makes so much more since and is so much easier to work with..

It seems to me that everyday this week has been busy. I will glad to see Saturday come..

This morning is work...then I need to pick up a priscription. Then I have group...then I have a trip to walmart planned to get some groceries. We are almost out of bagels and cream cheese..and I helped eat them so I will get more...my oldest niece asked for kettle corn pop corn so thats on my list...

Good morning!
    Just a quick hello. We didn't get to our hotel til after midnight. Then up at 7:30 this morning.
    Seeing my brother today.
    And it's about time to leave now.
    It's a cold day....it'll get up to 42°, cloudy.
    Have a great day! ☀️. Think warm!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..We are see the sun..Rain will come tonight...

I hate morning chores...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning! Another sunless day here in western PA. Blah!

Yesterday morning was busy, but then I ran out of energy for the afternoon. Was almost to the location for my mammo when I remembered I forgot the pie for the doctor's office, While there, I ask if there was a lab, so I got my lab work done that I was going to do on Friday morning. Went back home, got the pie, and then tried again. Delivered it, stopped at the bank, and then onto WM. Don't go there often, but needed to return something I got my Mom for Christmas and pick up a few other items. A quick trip into Aldi's then homeward bound. Oh, I did stop for a Little Caesar's pizza. I did FINALLY finished my book that I've been reading for weeks off & on....I'm a slow reader. After dinner I mixed up 3 different batches of lady locks dough.

Today is the day.....LADY LOCKS day!!! People have ask me for over 20 years if I make them & I always have to say no. Sue is coming to teach me. I KNOW what flavor & texture I want, so we'll see which recipe meets my needs. Of course there is always laundry that needs done...we'll see. Sue & I may go out for lunch too.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Nothing to do here - trash day, Yay!

If I could choose any way to spend my day, it would be with Donna and Sue. I don't know what Lady Locks are, but I'm dying to find out.

We have a new Asian Fusion Cafe here, and of course, I want to do, but will have to warm John up to the idea.

Hope everyone has a good day.

JoG, hope you find your brother doing well.

Hugs!!!!!!

Comment

Good Morning a quick howdy do....Not feeling well this morning, a bit sick to my stomach, started in the middle of the night and kept me awake for a long time, so I am tired this morning...another dreary day it looks to be outside, getting pretty tired of them, would much prefer to see snow on the ground at least it is light and bright, much better than the dark-dreariness outside.

Not much on my agenda, probably a whole lot of couch, blanket, warm clothes and tv watching for me....

Have a great day one and all. I can still find things to be happy and to smile about even if the weather outside bothers me, LOL

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Ok, it is morning and I am not even sure what it will look like outside, but it isn't supposed to be windy and it isn't supposed to be constant rain...
              Donna, what are Ladylocks??? I am on Elaine's Team and can't wait to find out. I hope you post a picture!
              Maye, because the break is at the joint, they could not set it the way a regular break would be set. So it means pins and a plate that will be permanently in her wrist. No more TSA precheck, I guess. Today she will get a call telling her what time to come in tomorrow for the surgery. Becky will take her. It should be a day surgery. One of my longtime friends was the nurse who did her pre-op on Monday. One of the traits learned from a long life as a Navy wife (as my mom tells it) is you do what you are told and you do it well. She does not complain (much) and if the doctor says to do something, she will. We both have a high tolerance for pain and everytime she was asked where her pain level was on a scale of 1-10...she would say between 1 and 4...I finally told her to up the number or she would never get seen!
              Last night she said she felt really good. Her bruised right side wasn't giving her as much pain and she was moving around well. After the surgery she should be able to tell if her wrist hurts.
              Becky has been staying at her house with her. I doubt very much she will come over here during the day...unless I say I Need her!
              The wind blew so much yesterday I was waiting for the fence or something to come down. The garbage cans were all over the street, except mine that I bring in as soon as I hear the truck, but mine were on their side.
              Jo, and Sassy, the graphics are so cute> Jo, if E was helping the flight attendant she should have handed him her phone to use...
              I have to go...I don't really want to, but the lights aren't even on in the daycare, yet.
              DISH is having a negotiations with ABC so none of their network is available...that is my morning news source. Funny how you get used to a certain tone and way of presenting and it is hard to change over to another station....tomorrow's Inauguration should be on other stations.
              Will be checking back to see what's up, cooking, or going on...
              Take care and keep counting the days till it is Spring!

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula A..Thank-you...They were saying that yesterday..I have Direct....Istill have it..I just watch..The Price is Right..
                And get use to it....It is so hard..I think so..So try..NBC,CBS,Try those for the Inaugurtion..They say it should be on every channel..

Well....tried 3 different recipes & oh the laughs. One was a total bust & the recipe got pitched. One tasted good but didn't come out right, so I beat the dough until all butter chunks disappeared & the next batch came out very nice. The 3rd recipe was fine from the beginning, but we kind of liked the 2nd dough better as far as taste. Now I need to make the filling & I've got two different recipes I want to try. I don't know if lady locks are a western PA think or what. Everybody wants them. They are time consuming to make. Wished you ladies were here to do some taste testing. This is a link to a picture on Pinterest : www.pinterest.com/pin/119626933832431941/

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                Cookie, I watched on you tube and found the cookie would be very time consuming. According to you tube, they are an Italian cookie. I know some one wanting them would pay dearly for them.

Good afternoon. ...oh where has the day gone?.

Lady Locks,,,, they are good and expensive to buy .... however , as much work as they are.. you have to charge a pretty good price..... however,,,, whenever lady locks are on a dessert tray at a wedding reception or where ever ,, they are first ones GONE... So Donna why did not call me to be a taster?....very good idea to make samples...

I read until 2 am last night , finishing a book... but got to sleep until 8:15...(unheard of around here )... putts around , shower,did hair.. then Mr David wanted to go for lunch.
              or actually Breakfast... the Kings restaurant has a special breakfast weekdays. that he loves... so instead of being home without any commitments . we were gone . not too bad . met up with Brother and sister inlaw .. then got my short list of things I needed from G. Eagle.. ( a few of their brands I really like).. finally home and now cruising thought the computer that I have been ignoring .. ..

I was literally screaming at my husband to turn the TV off and give the news stations a break.. he floods his brain with all the stuff going on for tomorrow. and then wants to repeat it to me. I am sooooooo tired of the newscasters.. they have to fill 24 hours of air time... . there, thats my gripe for the day.

SassyGirl .. I thank you everyday for giving me a smile.. !!!
              Bethina... happy to hear your department has been redone and made it easier for you..
              JoG.. enjoy enjoy enjoy ... don't exhaust yourself

Paula.. thanks for information .. and now you know why we little old people should not fall!.. altho. your Mom. probably does not fit in the Little Old category yet...',,,when David was ,is ,, having balance problems.. he is so stubborn, insisting on doing things. almost guarantee ing a fall ....I would ask him " if you fall and break a hip ,, and get stuck in a wheelchair.. guess who gets to take care of you night and day?. " ....oops thats gripe number two.. ....will wait to hear how she makes out..

Hi Elaine, Sharon.. and all who check in later...
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maye,You are welcome...They make my day..Laugh....

Yes, where DID the day go? I am watching local news and they are talking about a new app called, SHOW - Safety for Houses Of Worship. Sounds like a neat app. Need to find out more about it.

Today was a cool day. It was only mid-60s. Yesterday's temps were 23 degrees above normal. January has been a hot month in comparison to other years.

Have a good evening everyone.
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Hi again. The day with my brother went well. His lady is a super duper cook. Very Austrian.
                Unfortunately, my brother started sniffling during the morning, took some MED in the afternoon, and when we left he looked awful, and I'm afraid he has a bad cold or the start of the flu. In the afternoon his lady was starting the same symptoms.
                E & I left, also sniffling. But I hope we will sleep it off.

Tomorrow is the memorial. It's supposed to rain, as well. We did bring an umbrella. It's pretty cold here for us, but we have warm clothes with us.
                I have no idea what or if anything is planned after the service. Nothing has been said yet. Well, we will see then.

A good evening/night to you all.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X