Sunday....Jan 15th.....ALREADY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday....Jan 15th.....ALREADY!

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a dreary one and I didn't step foot outside.

Yesterday was good. Kind of slow. Once I found some energy, I did make 3 PB pies for the freezer and finished off the Gobbs. Got the laundry caught up again. That's never ending. Took a nap in the afternoon. Gary called & he got my car back in running order, so Cork went & got it. The garage is only about a 1/4 mile away, so we usually just walk one way or the other. Well that will take a couple doz pies to make up for it. God always provides for what we need.

Cork requested a chicken pasta dish and I was hungry for orange chicken, so I made both and there are plenty of leftovers. I like the dish I made for Cork, but he no longer eats the orange chicken, so we are both happy.

This morning I'm home from church with Blaise. He says he feels like he's going to throw up, but I think it's just all the yuck that's been draining down into his stomach all night from his cold. We are suppose to be meeting most of the family (not our 2 girls or my nephew) at AppleBees for lunch. Then going back to my Mom's for cake afterwards. We were originally working everything around the football kickoff that was to be at 1pm, but with the ice storms predicted, they changed the time to 8:20pm. Kind of monkeyed up our plans, but we'll all just go home & watch it at our own places. Chose to still go early at 11am instead of dealing with the crowds at 4pm. Besides, my nieces had plans for later. Becca is working and Kathy has forgotten the last 2 or 3 years, so I didn't even bother calling her.

GO STEELERS!!!!!

Have a good one all!

Good morning to all.
    Cookie, Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good day already.

We had rain during the night, so today is going to be cooler. Only 52° today, and a 70% chance of more rain. Perfect day for my morning mocha! Tomorrow promises to be warmer.

I was looking at the MI forecast for our trip there. I was surprised to see that the temps will reach the 40's when we arrive, and will be in the 50's for the last couple of days. Nights colder, of course. Currently they're running high temps only in the 20's & 30's. Go figure. Thanks, Mother Nature.

A few things need to be done today. Tomorrow we will be at the movies. Haven't been in a while.

Maxi, get well.
    Hope you all have a great day. 🌞
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Where in MI are you traveling to? I'm sure you have said but I don't remember...

Good Morning, on my first cup of coffee....slow start today, looks pretty frosty out there right now...no plans here for the day....made a homemade pizza last night for dinner, it was delicious, barbecue for the base, grilled chicken, red onions, some bacon pieces and mozzarella cheese on a thin crust, yummy. Hubby loved it..

JoG, hope you get you things done today that you need done/
    Yes hope Maxi is feeling better..
    Read that Paula's Mom had broken her wrist, so sorry for that.
    Donna, glad you got the car fixed....Cork is most definitely a picky eater, that would be very hard to deal with....I'm not as nice as you, he would be learning his way around the kitchen, LOL....I am so glad I have a hubby that does cook and will cook if he wants something special or just cooks for us if I am not in the mood...
    Going to go read the news then whip up some breakfast, made homemade buttermilk pancakes yesterday morning, so light and fluffy...
    Have a great day one and all...hope to hear from jostoy sometime soon...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Another rainy foggy day ahead.

We bought a bag of organic tortilla chips, and although we like them, the bag is designed for a family of 10, so John suggested making chili cheese dip for church. So last night I made it, and SOMEONE ate about half of it. I don't like chili, so we can mark me off the list of offenders.

Anyway, I have lots of chili and cheese, so have a new batch ready to go.

Did I read that Paula's mom broke her wrist? Hope all is well.

Hope you have a great day, Donna. You are so special to all of us.

Janet, I can't keep shoes on my feet. LOL

Have a lovely day, Everyone.

Hugs to Darla.

Comment

good morning,, the sun is shining .. I ordered it special for Donna's Birthday!

NOW I know why I only set up puzzles only in January.... I get addicted and spend hours and hours ...and nothing else gets done...finish off the big 1000 piece pretty one . boxed it back up. got out little 500 one.. and its well on its way already.. will stop for now and build only when the football games are on... No I don't really watch, I listen , keeping track of score.
        so can puzzle at the same time

Elaine.. Thank Heavens you married a guy in Texas, up here in the North.. you would have frostbite toes!.

following that ice storm on the weather station.. praying it swings north of us
        JoG.. brave person,,, but what in the heck are you doing going to the movie theater ????.... tooooooo many sneezing, hacking. germ laden people and germ laden doors, seat handles...

Sharon,, envy you your husband that cooks... If I ever get down in bed sick.I will have to depend on my family,and neighbors to feed me... David's idea of cooking is making toast..
        .....( but I have Donna! )

SassyG. will be back to see if you check in.

Hi Paula,,Maxi, Bethina, Barb. and all the rest of you lovely friends..

hope the Steelers win... ( but not counting on it.. they are heartbreakers)

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...boff bbq chicken pizza is a favorite of mine...but I add pine apple and pesto.

I don't have much planned for today. Should be at work since I volunteered was told Friday I didn't need to come with the weather being so iffy.

My Bible study group switched to this evening..I am planning to attend that if I get a ride.

Comment

Sharon, we are going to the DearbornHeights/Westland area in MI. That's where what's left of our families are. I grew up in the city of Dearborn, and E grew up in the city of Farmington (now Farmington Hills). Greenfield Village nearby ( and its name has changed to reflect Henry Ford's contributions). It'll remain Greenfield Village in the minds of the long-time residents, though.

Maye, I doubt this particular theater will be too crowded. E wants to see the movie "Hidden Figures", a movie about three black & Asian female mathematicians whose work was invaluable in getting rockets launched into space. They made it possible to put our astronauts into space. E will understand this thoroughly. I might not. But it's his birthday tomorrow. He gets to pick. That's his movie choice. And most people don't like history or math, so I don't expect to see a crowd. If we run into anyone, no doubt they'll be from Raytheon. 😄 (I may take a breathing mask, just in case. If I can find where they are now.). E used to be a tester of Raytheon's products. He went through all the electronic components, to see what they did and didn't do. It's all about math and advanced math. He worked with a small group on the missile program. (In a nutshell, I described their job as giving IQ tests to smart bombs!). They improved the accuracy of the smart bombs immensely.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Need a chuckle today?
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                JoGee,LOL....

I think my computer is messed up. I respond to something and get an error message then it sometimes shows up and then it may not post. I dunno. More ice but nothing appears to be severe. Jon is working a double and I haven't heard so am assuming he made it to work this morning with no problem. Was going to make a pot of soup but may just save myself the energy...he can open a can tonight when he gets home. Going to open the back door and look at the ice then probably take a shower and put on clean jams. Ice turns into rain this afternoon so either way I am not leaving. I have only been out of the house once since January 6. Not missing the outside world much....as long as my tv and cell phone work I could get into this hermit stuff!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
                We to church this morning..Went to Wal-mart...It was busy...
                I saw this pic..I wish i had booth for my cat..lol..

Comment

Good one, Sassy ! Thanks!!!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Sunday to all. I have done nothing today. I didn't realize it was this late! Oh well, I guess I needed the lazy day. The retreat yesterday was really good, but tiring and long. Luckily, we went to Mass last night and I didn't have to get up and go today. The bad thing is that I found out that the deacons were preaching today (they do that once a month) and, like our priests, they are great homilists.

​Happy Birthday, Donna! I am so glad you love to cook and bake! I could never do all that you do. I also could never do it that well. You are amazing/ Who made your birthday cake?

​Gee, it is already the middle of January and we are in the 70s. I know that will not last. February and March can get really wintery! Did y'all know that winter is NOT my favorite season? On a scale of 1 - 10 it can be a -4 on some days!

​I am feeling pretty bummed out. Bod decided to file for a divorce more than a year ago. I have responded with mu non-negotiables and he has apparently failed to file in a timely manner. After 365 days of his doing mothing, the court dismissed his petition (without prejudice) and now we are back at square one. He has to refile the action. After 12 1/2 years of being separated (not legally in SC!) and 53+ years of marriage, I just want to have closure. (No, I don't want the divorce, (don't judge me ) but I know it is probably inevitable.

​I guess I will go have another cup of French Vanilla Latte and watch the Father Dowling Mysteries that I recorded this morning. There will be a new movie at 9pm on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. I should let them make a Hallmark movie of my life, nut then O would have to commit murder.

​I better go before I get into trouble. LMBO! Have a great Sunday everyone and a restful and fun ML King, Jr. holiday tomorrow. We will have book club!! Yay!!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good afternoon.
                      Yesterday I got a couple of things done and then got a call from my mother. She had tripped on the sidewalk up town, fallen, drove home and called me to take her to the ER. Broken wrist at the joint, bruised ribs and chin that needed stitches. 8 1/2 hours at the hospital. 5 in the waiting area...what a day!
                      High s hook rodeo accounted for 3 injuries in there, baby who swallowed part of a granola wrapper, two falls, and a couple of people, one brought in by the police, one taken out by the police...two guys that were in a fight, that had to be in different rooms because they were still going at it (!) and one of them was on the other side of the curtain from my mom!
                      Oh, there was the guy with the big knife on his belt that security came in and got the knife. I had seen the knife, but it just didn't register with me. I was just trying to help support my mom's arm to keep her wrist up. Every time she was asked about her pain level, she would answer, Between 1 & 4. I told her if she said her pain was at a higher number she might get called in sooner!
                      I got her home around 9:00 after driving through for a hamburger. We were both starved. The only thing in the ERvarea was vending machine candy or chips, and not what I wanted and she was a bit queasy at first.
                      So, I was up early this morning and went over and helped her, then did both our grocery shopping, well, you don't need to hear that lust, but let me say,
                      I am so glad it turns out I have no kids coming tomorrow.
                      I have said more here than on Facebook since confidentiality is not so much a problem with you guys. But inwardly, I was rolling my eyes a lot!

Comment

• Paula A
                        Paula A commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I meant
                        List! That list...
                        And it was High school rodeo

😄😂. My devices all do that to me, too, Paula. It sometimes changes as I type, or after I'm on another line of typing....but what I really hate is when I glance over my typing, it's okay, until I hit the send or post buttons. Eeek!

So sorry to hear about your Mom's fall and injuries. Sounds like the ER was pretty active. That hamburger sounds so good.....but we just ordered pizza. Oh, my fickle taste buds!!!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X