Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, January 12th

Good morning! ☀️
    It was one of those nights, after 3 1/2 hrs of sleep, I was wide awake. Finally decided to get up and have some honeyed tea. I'll get a catnap later.

We did get our grocery shopping done yesterday. Before we were done I was out of breath. I need to get outside and walk more.

What is it about grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato basil soup that makes such a simple meal taste like a feast? That's what we had yesterday. We love it!

Laundry to do today, and a few other chores. Not much else happening here.

Have a great day, everyone! 🌞
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning! Would you believe we actually had a very nice day yesterday even though they predicted rain.

Loved yesterday. Made a cherry pie for the doctor's office and as soon as I got Blaise on the bus (there was a 2 hr delay), I headed out the door. Got the pie dropped off & then headed to Aldi's. How does so much stuff jump into one cart? LOL! Next stop was the Salvation Army Thrift Store. For the right price, I don't mind digging. Never liked going into places like TJ Maxx though. Anyways, found some clothes for Blaise, didn't find any work shirts for Cork though, and then onto the womens section. Found tops for me & some I think Becca will like. For $47 I came out with two big bags of clothes. Didn't try anything on until I got home & then only one top didn't fit & two tee-shirts the neckline was too high & tight but gave them to Cork. Then had lunch at Arby's before heading home. Got everything tried on & groceries put away. Played on the computer for a while then started rolling out the pie dough I made a couple days ago. Got that done & them all in the freezer.

This morning I have Bible study but I hope to mix up 3 kinds of cookie dough before I head out the door. After Bible Study I'm meeting Sue to exchange things we got each other over the past few weeks since we haven't seen each other. We were suppose to go out for lunch, but a friend of her's is getting ready to move & she's helping. I'm then heading down to the bakery supply warehouse and getting a few things, one of which is a box of shortening....you'll be in business Aunt J!!!! Then it's home to bake off the cookie dough. Making Pumpkin cookies, Glazed Pumpkin Sugar cookies, and Gobbs. No orders, just stocking my freezer. May take Blaise to the library. He's almost done with his 3rd Wimpy Kid Diary book, so I want him to get the next 3 and keep on reading. I caught him still reading last night at 9:30pm.

Well, I guess I better get Blaise up and get this day going. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Wow! 72 degrees already this a.m.

Full moon last night made it seems like daylight all night. Fun to look out and be able to see.

New insurance for us. Lots of registering and phone calls. They denied John's red blood booster, and the clinic had already given him 2. That's $4000 without insurance. On pins and needles until we got the approval yesterday.

Bought John a bunch of pj's and tees and have them in the washer. Got some good bargains at Macy's. Then on to washing the sheets. Trash day and leftovers. Can't beat that.

Have a very good day, Everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        We were worried our Macy's was one that is scheduled to close, but just saw the list yesterday and it is not! We have so few store options and both Becky and I like to shop there.

Good Morning, just a very dark, dreary day out there right now...38 degrees. At least when it snows it is light and bright outside...

Not much happening around here, hubby found a heater for the garage and has been busy building my cabinet in the garage, I am staying away because sometimes I open my mouth and get in trouble, LOL

I got my quilting 'stuff' out yesterday and started cutting pieces for a quilt, called Attic Windows, my sister gave me the material which she bought about 8 yrs. ago when I was trying to teach her how to quilt, well she likes quilts but not making them, LOL....so I decided to do the deed...I am not having any luck with my rotary cutter so it is back to scissor cutting for me..kind of more fulfilling that way anyways...so the diningroom table now has a purpose again, will be okay as long as hubby doesn't interrupt my train of thought...

Thinking we will have fajitas for supper, have all I need and it is quick and easy to put together....

Cookie lots of good buys you found so that is good...so nice to hear that Blaise is a reader...my grandgirls are also...my youngest granddaughter loves words, she is always wanting you to write words so she can learn what they mean and use them...

Well time to move along, read the news, get a shower and get this dark dreary day light up...Have a good one y'all...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good rainy (10%???) day! When I went to bed the Weather Channel app said 10% chance of rain. I think I will just stick to turning on the tv and not counting on the app.
        Sharon, I am ready to sew my quilt squares together. I may cut a few more. I still haven't found where I put my rotary cutter (the down side to changing the room and closet around) and I did buy another, but it was no trouble to cut them out with the new scissors I have.
        Between getting my tax information together and doing this quilt I don't have much time to get bored or into trouble!
        cooking for the shelter for tomorrow and I will be cooking up the ingredients today. We are making Million dollar spaghetti, a layered dish that the shelter guests always like.
        I still need to make my breakfast. I got up a little later and took my time getting up and cleaned up. No early 7:00 child and if I don't have to rush...
        Hope you all have a good day, get the nap you will need (Jo), get your goodies baked, and the errands done.
        And really hope we all get some sun shine!

Comment

I am finally feeling alive! This was the worst cold I have had in years and I still have no voice but at least I feel clear headed. Now to prepare for the predicted ice storm to hit tomorrow. Jon is off today so will round up the flashlights and I am not sure there are oil lamps but will need to see if there is oil for them. I will make a store list. I just hate winter and will miss my tv and heat and lights and hot water...woe is me! Better get moving on that store list. I could be here alone this weekend since it is Jon's weekend to work and he may never leave the facility with the weather. I do not mind being stuck in the dark alone but I sure as heck would mind if there was nothing to eat!!

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...

I had to the laundry mat to day..And wash all the towels to day...That took all morning..

But we got the leak fix...(HURRY)...Windy to day...
            Everyone be safe...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone! I am going to lunch with friends so I will make this short and sweet.

Is 53 degrees and sunny in Aiken. I am happy to say that I got a lot accomplished yesterday. This included two loads of laundry and getting my bedroom a bit more organized. Still have a lot to do in the bedroom.

We are going to meet at Applebee's for lunch. It's right down the street from me. I think that tomorrow I will try to go and get my hair done. I won't be on the internet on Saturday because I will be out of town on a day retreat.

I hope everybody has a great day. I also hope that those who are under the weather I recover quickly and completely. I will come back later and read all the posts.
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
              X