Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 11 WEDNESDAY

good morning

surprise, its me.. been up since 5am... guess who was awake and making noise?... the Tv in living wasn't working .. and David without Tv is unheard of..

the electric blink off for about 1 min about 11.30pm. last night.. and when it goes off.. the "box" that came with the cable Tv remote control.. has to be reset... by calling the cable company.
    and they have our Box on file and ,,push 1,,, and wait, ah,, now it is on again!... but DAvid can't do that. sooooooooooooooooooooo... here I am , nice and early. ggrrr
    .......yes, I have requested they replace the "box"... but so far no one has showed up to do it...

want to head out to the stores today.. rain but warmer, no snow or ice. I hope.. should not take long, short list of stuff ...\
    puzzled and puzzled an puzzled yesterday.. more of the same. today sometime.

take care
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..
    I thought i had bad day...Yesterday was bad for me..I had leak...And took all day to fix it..And found out it was the ring around the toilet..The ring was too small..And it should been bigger and wax.
    I to clean the bathroom up..And vacuum the whole houseup..thay track dirt in..What a mess..

Maye..Here is pic for you..This should make your day..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula A..Oh No.!!!.I will cross fingers..I hope was easy fix..Keep it close..You just never know..
      I hope that you do not have call the plumber..I would do double check..If is was..
      Pumpkin..thank-you..LOL..Right on.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! Easy fix! With little kids you never know...one reason I keep the paper towels outside of the bathroom for them to dry their hands!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula A..Hip,hip hurry...I am so happy for you..And easy fix...That is for sure...Right!!!

Morning..Running a little behind this morning..My birthday was great! off to work I go...will back later

Comment

Good Morning....wow what high winds we had last night....looks like everything is still around this morning.

Maye, such aggravation with cable and boxes...hope your day gets more calm...

Bethina so glad you had a good birthday.

Wow Sassy you had an aggravating day also and a messy one...sure hope today is better for you.

I don't know much of what happened to my day yesterday, did manage to get all blankets washed and put back in zippered bags and in the closet, also pillows. the closet looks much better...but still looking forward to when the cabinet is built in garage so I can really do some decluttering...

Yesterday I looked around and really decided that I am not one that likes 'color' on my walls, makes it to limited in what you can use on your walls and windows, would love to have all my walls an off white color again...wonder if I could convince the hubby of that....plus I still like a more country/primitive décor and miss it...hubby told my sister it wasn't that I didn't like 'color' but that I did like 'change', LOL Maybe because I was saying also how I did not like our carpeting either, LOL..

Well onward and upward still a bit chilly and windy outside and have to decide what to fix for supper today...thinking soup and sandwich of some sort sounds good, can't go wrong with tomato soup and grilled cheese...

Have a great day one and all...smile and someone, somewhere will smile back...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler,It rain..It pours..It was one messy day..I am glad it was over with..And looked sunny to day..

Good Morning! The sun is shining, but I know that's only temporary. Apparently the roads were icy this morning because school was delayed 2 hrs. I got to sleep in a bit.

Yesterday was good. My desk piles are gone. LOVE IT!!!! Balanced the last checking account. Called all the doctors for Blaise & me, and got needed appointments made or written in my new calendar. I like organization. My SIL called and made plans with me/us for lunch out on Sunday....going to Apple Bees...my choice. Took Blaise to BB practice.

This morning I need to bake a pie for the doctor's office. I had planned to do that yesterday, but I just kept plugging along on the paperwork. After I deliver the pie, I'll hit up Aldi's and the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Need to stop at DG too. Suppose I'll have to cook dinner tonight. We'll see.

Sharon...I've been sort of a non-color person due to moving so many times. You never know what you are going to move into next. That's also why we always had electric appliances.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Janet!! I know what you mean about having to take on chores for husband. John has trouble hearing on the phone, so ...............

Donna, I have to stay organized. Couldn't live in clutter, but unlike you, I have nothing else to do. You get a pass. You are so busy all the time.

Sharon, I am pretty colorless. Painters painted this house throughout in Hancock Champagne, and I have loved it for 35 years. Walls and cabinets look like French Vanilla ice cream. It's me all over. And my furniture is pretty bland, as well

sassy, there is nothing worse than plumbing problems. I know because we've had our share over the years, and John is a licensed plumber, so we should have had NO problems. BUT things happen.

Well, need to make a trip to the pharmacy. I is 75 degrees this morning. John will clean out the fireplace to get ready for the next round of cold weather.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ladybug,Tell me about..It was the worse...They sure do..And the worse time too..

Good morning.
        I just slithered out of bed and made myself a cups mocha. I hope my brain is in gear.
        It's 50° out right now, but promises to be a nice but cloudy day.

E plans to go to the gym today. He says they have now changed every one of the machines to some form of ropes and pulleys. Frankly, I can't use more than the treadmill there, so I don't bother to go. They are not catering to the seniors any more, to be honest. I wish he'd find another gym. I liked the older, normal machines. The owner/manager of the place says the old machines "destroy your bones". I say "balogna!!!" I saw results from the old machines! Talked to a doctor about it, and she says the guy is flat-out lying. If the ropes and pulleys hurt, the machines are wrong.

Well, not much else on the agenda today. I want to get to the grocery store today.

Oh, today we get the newspaper, hopefully. I don't want to call them again. The last 2 papers were not delivered, I took the credit from the midweek paper, but requested they deliver Sunday's paper which finally got here shortly after noon.

Maye, sorry about your cable problems. Sometimes I think one has to fight with them too often. And threaten to use another service. You might get a price break as well, at that point. We had so much trouble with them they offered to cut our rate. But E was so angry at them we got another service.

Boffler, the soup and sandwich sounds so good! We've been doing that about once a week.

Beth, glad you had a good birthday!!!

Sassy, I love Garfield. And today I share his feelings about the rise-and-shine bit. 😉

Hope everyone has a great day today! ☀️

Now I'll push the magic button to Post, hope I don't lose this, and see if someone else was typing with me. 😄
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee,Me too...I am the same too..

Still not feeling well! This is the worst cold, whatever, that I have had in years. I just do not get sick often and hate the inconvenience. Spent most of yesterday in bed again. Happy late birthday Beth.

Comment

It isn't raining and the wind isn't blowing, yet. Some rain is supposed to come through, but right now it is pretty nice. Around 50*. Thunderstorms are forecast, so that means power could go out. We are supposed to have a good weekend, meaning no rain or wind, so we are planning on going to Chico (again) for checking on classes. And checking the roads. There isn't a perfect way to drive there; all roads can flood and are country highway roads most of the way.
          I started feeling much better by about noon yesterday and kept getting better. What can have a person feeling so sick for the morning? I don't usually get headaches, but this one made me almost sick. Enough about that...
          Our garbage just got picked up. It was so awful last night that I put out just one of the cans, the one most full. But this morning I put the other out since it wasn't bad weather and they hadn't come by yet. Now to start on my de-cluttering again.
          I cleaned the hallway floor this morning and need to get moving on the other floors. One load of laundry done and ready for whoever shows up first this morning.
          Sorry for all the weather and sickness talk.
          Hope all of you have a good day.
          After decades of off white walls, I am a color on the walls since 2010. There are many colors considered neutrals and different shades of all my favorite colors have fit in my decorating.

Comment

Happy hump day today. Well, thinking about yesterday - I have no idea where the day went. I definitely overslept and then was overly lazy the rest of the day until I went to Bible study last night. Bible study is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., but a friend and I stayed and talked with the hostess for a couple of hours. When we went to leave, she discovered that somebody had left her gate open and her dog had run off. So we spent time trying to convince the dog that he wanted to come home - finally her neighbor brought out some turkey and lured the dog into the car.

I have got to convince myself to start sorting and filing things. I keep putting it off and it only gets worse. Our priests are on retreat so we have no Masses this week until Friday. I have nothing on my calendar today so I should take the time to do what needs to be done.

I hope everybody has a great day and I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Bethina. Happy belated birthday. I'm glad it was a good day for you.
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning, all. There's a break in the rain but it's expected to hang around for another day. When we went to town yesterday it was pouring down rain and one got soaked just getting out of the car and raising the umbrella.
              Planned to get a haircut but put that on hold for now. Went to Walmart and grocery store, had lunch and came home.
              Us Californiacs just aren't used to getting this much rain. Roads are flooded in some places.

Slept until 7:00. Usually I'm awake before 5:00. Guess I was tireder than I thought. Time for another cup and breakfast. Take care everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X