Lucky me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky me

Lucky is right. I got my puter hacked and lost everything. now I have to remember all my passwords again if possible Otherwise I will have to sign in as a new customer with new passwords. UGH is all I can say right now.

Bummer! I can't remember what I had for lunch let alone passwords. Good luck arm!

Comment

ARM, get a small notebook, and put your sites, with passwords and other critical info in. A different one on each page.
      With enough room below in case you have to make info changes.

This is invaluable to me. There's an App called Keeper that you can store it all in, but that's one more password to remember. It can also generate complicated but "safe" passwords for you. But lose that, and you're in trouble again.

Hubby takes my old devices when he updates mine with a new one. That also can cause conflicts on sites I am signed into, like banking. He doesn't realize he's in my site when he can't get in and changes my info. Then I have to call the bank, good be them my regular info --- because I don't want to redo it all --- and they restore it for me.

I'm glad I have everything written down the old fashioned way in a very special notebook. It saves a lot of time, frustration, and anxiety.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

oh Arm,,, I have nightmares about something like that happening... ,,,, son bought me a separate stand alone hard drive.. that I transfer all essential information to. one of those is the file called Passwords... which I up date as they change.. once I have loaded things I feel I would not like to lose if the computer went down. like my journals. and such.. financial records.
        but like JoG..I keep paper copies of real essentials.. thats what the printer is for!.

do you need any info from the roundtable?... a copy of current names/ addresses etc.. Pat made up a list a year or so ago.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

ARM that just plain ole stinks for sure, such a nightmare getting things back...I do have a notebook in my desk drawer with names and passwords because those I do not go to often I forget, doesn't help you much now though...hope the aggravation doesn't get to you, but yeah on the bright side, we got a visit from you....

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh, I am so sorry and hate when that has happened. Hope you can get it straightened out with as little stress as possible.

Comment

So good to see you posting, Arm!

Universal problem, for sure. I just got a new computer so had to put passwords in all sites. Took me a WHILE.

What works for me is to keep a word document on the computer. Everytime I create a new password, I type it in the document, along with the date. In addition, I keep an index card file box with the same passwords.
              Can't leave anything to chance anymore. However, the fact that the sites let you reset is great.

I do like JoG's notebook idea.

Comment

I put my username and pass codes in my contact list on my phone.
                "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                X