Good Sunday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, coffee, rolls, donuts and breakfast sandwiches are on the buffet help yourself.

Another cold morning here, the cats woke me up at 5:30 A.M. why they need me up I will never know but once I am up, have a cup of coffee, they eat and then disappear and by then I am wide awake..

My sinuses drain so much during the night that it almost chokes me getting it all out of my lungs in the mornings...YUCK!!

Well hard to know what day it is with the hubby retired that I can say and I am also finding out if there is something I have bought that I need to make something I best put a label on it, "Do Not Eat"!! I can see after I go to bed that he requires a 'snack' and it usually includes something I need or have bought for just me, LOL....I know, I know, adjustments... My new norm, and as Aunt Maye warns, my peace and quiet is done for...try reading a book with someone talking to you, they talk, you stop to listen, they stop, you continue to read, they start talking again, a vicious circle... yes adjustments..

No real plans for today, but thinking some chicken and dumplings, some green beans from last years garden, and cornbread for dinner...now that is comfort..also need to get top round roast out of freezer to slice so I can make some beef jerky...hubby is going stir crazy so he wants to go buy some things he needs to build my cabinet out in garage, I am all for getting out of the house today for him, LOL...

Have a great day, stay warm...cozy.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning!

Hi Sharon! John retired 10 years before I did, so I guess he had to get used to me. However, back in those days he was out of the house from daylight to dark running this ranch, so no problems. John is so easy to live with, and I feel some of his good has truly rubbed off on me (some).

Paula, I saw your grands out in the snow, and it just thrilled me. Exactly the way I grew up in Utah. Those kiddos are gorgeous!

Have been up since 5 carrying wood but in. Want to keep John from having to do it all. We are in the middle of a deep freeze. 12 degrees, and this fireplace is a lot of work, but a lot of benefit.

Have something fixed for church but not sure if they will have it or if anyone will show up. Folks here are not used to days of freezing temps.

Hope you all have a great day. Hugs ~ ~

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I know! finally they got snow and could use the Christmas gifts I had sent way too early: sleds.
      In Japan they had only had a small amount of snow and nothing that ever lasted..kind of like our California snow experiences.

Good morning..I shall hibernate for one more day...i think I am feign better. Cough is very productive.

My youngest niece has sound worse than me.

Comment

Good morning if there is anything good about temperatures 8 going to 13 is good.
      however , there is sunshine!... making it look good.

been inside this house 2 days.. I love it . David is getting antsy.. so I imagine we will go get lunch out .got gift cards for Kings .I Need a big salad and some green ..

Sharon,,Had to smile ...David does the same ,wants to talk, he drove me crazy in the pre election days. trying to discuss what the commentators were saying ... and I would not even listen to him.
      He watches the news . over and over through the day ... which is not good.. because it is upsetting... I hear it once.. and that's all. I want to hear. Im always so glad when Mark or Bruce stop in and he gets to chat away to them...the saddest part for David is his close long time male friends have all passed.. and he makes no effort to get in touch with some of the men he knew when he was working ... altho. they would be glad to visit.. He misses the sawmill. and I miss it too... was a way to get him out of the house for a couple hours .

Hi Beth and Elaine.

got my puzzle set up yesterday and border pieces picked out .. now to keep KD Kat from jumping up on the cardtable!.. I do have a "cover" for pieces and table. when I stop for a bit.

Will be back later to make sure you all checked in!!

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I know it is hard to pry ourselves away form the news, but counselors told the teaching staff at my son's school that when viewed over and over the information is not good for us and brings us down. It isn't ignoring what is happening, but trying to keep a perspective that allows us to do whatever we can and not allow ourselves to be brought down.
        I am not stating it as well as he quoted them. It was after Sandy Hook school shooting and has served as a reminder to me.

Good morning.
      Sharon, E is also an incessant talker. I kind of half-listen, knowing I won't understand most of what he's saying. But I don't want to miss anything that just might be important. He knows I half-listen, I think, as he may end his sentences in jibberish because I may be not listening at all at that point. Also, he may say "Hmmmmmm" or something, thinking I may ask what's so interesting in his news magazine. But I don't really respond until he says, "can I read this to you?" Now he waits til he sees whether I'm playing scrabble or something...he will interrupt a game, as it's only a game or puzzle. But if he sees I'm reading a book, he says he won't interrupt me. He says. 😂
      One good thing about his retirement, though....especially since I've had medical issues galore this year.... he's doing his best to keep the house clean. Yesterday he vac'd the rug and floors, and mopped most of the floors. He's still in awe of how I managed to do all that, the laundry, the cooking, etc., all by myself all these years. At this point, he still wants me to not do all that work, as my last surgery still is healing. I've just finished with the last of my "special" medications dealing with this last surgery. Now we'll see how stable my blood condition remains. The oncologist/hematologist has not seen me for months and I have no medication for it. I will see him in Feb or March again, and we will see how it's all going. And how to treat the fibrosis (fibers now growing in my veins) that has begun.

Well, I've been anticipating a lovely day today. Temps should reach 78 today. Even though it's 48° now! I want to be outside in it. Tomorrow will be almost as warm, before temps drop again. Go figure.
      Elaine, that IS very cold weather for Texas. Geez!

Sharon, that chicken & dumplings sounds really good!

Everybody, stay warm. Stay healthy.
      Have a terrific day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine...

It is cold here 17' with snow..They shut down the town..The only thing was open was Wal-mart.I had to get few thing..The town will not reopen until noon..Our church was close..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Looks like it will be a sunny day. Sun just hasn't moved this far yet, another cold morning...furnace runs constantly. Andrew's mother took him to the doctor yesterday and he has strep. Do not know if he will go to school tomorrow or not but I have no plans. I saw this morning that his dad must be feeling a lot better by the dishes in the sink. Sierra sent a text last night that she may not come today. Actually I do not care and would prefer she not come. I will see if my sister is interested in a mall trip and lunch out one day this week. Unless Jon really wants to go. I would rather stay here and hang some pictures. We (I) have pictures from a year ago that have never been hung...I was waiting to see where I wanted them so guess the time of decision is here. Might warm the house feel up with some things on the wall. I did hang in the kitchen but no other room. With colds and actual sickness around here it has been a slow, dull weekend. Never dressed yesterday! Not sure what today will bring. I just hate going out when it is so cold and our roads are snow packed back here in the boonies. Appears my life is stuck in a rut and nothing positive is jumping out at me yet this morning. I keep singing the temps will warm and the snow will melt but they haven't and it isn't and song is sounding like a croak and my positive needs a boost. I know we are not suppose to talk politics but it is so darn depressing...and more shootings...you gotta be very tough to be positive and I;m having a hard time! Where are my 90* temps? Hot..i need some hot!!

Comment

Tasted so good!! Got the griddle out this morning and I sit it on top of stove so I can turn on the vent, then I grilled smoked bacon, sauted onions & peppers, shredded hash browns and make omelets with cheese and toast. Will be good until supper. We are trying to get in the habit of
            eating at the table or bar instead of in the family room in our recliners.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Still raining and windy but warmish at 47º

Comment

It appears my life is in a rut, too...then it isn't and I want the familiar rut back!
                Because of this storm (which deposited some early morning snow on our town that quickly became just slush for me), the one shelter to the south put out a plea for short term foster for their dogs. WE drove down and they gave us the sweetest little Chihuahua to bring home for a few days. She had only been at the shelter for 4 days and isn't available for adoption, yet. They didn't have a name for her so I doubt that she is a surrender, and she is too thin, but clearly enjoys the couch and any soft blanket I put down for her. She also did not fret on the ride home, like our dogs do who only get car rides to the vet or to the groomers.
                Church this morning and then back home to stay dry and warm. The rain is really coming down.
                I said how our pool surface froze...,well, I couldn't get a good picture, so I just said that on FAcebook. But, daycare friends posted a video of their son rolling a basketball around the surface of their pool! I shared it on my page, so you may want to check it out. they also put a picture in the comments: three bottles of beer sitting on the frozen pool! They called it corona n ice. And there is a baseball frozen in the surface behind the bottles.
                I made soup for our lunch yesterday with grilled cheese sandwiches and I think I will make more soup today.
                Maye, does David do email? Gary started using daily email to family (especially his brothers and sister that all lived out of town) as a way of making contact and as a journal. He would copy off each one and kept them in a binder. It grew into walks down memory lane at times and lots of great stories and memories surfaced that had been almost forgotten.
                Sharon, I wish Doug were available here. That building talent is great. And Judy, didn't Ralph build some gorgeous chest for your granddaughter? I may be mixing up the talents of so many of your husband's, but whatever they are, they still have them in some form (teach, journal what they did for the next generation) and can keep them busy.
                Don't you love how I think up things for your husband's???
                Love you all and all that you do! Stay warm and stay well! Get better, Beth!

Comment

Afternoon all! It's down right frigid out there but the sun is shining, which helps a bit and the snow from Friday hasn't melted.

Yesterday was good. Once I got moving (slept in) I accomplished a lot in the kitchen. Baked off the remaining cookie dough & iced the carrot cake. Customer called to place her 2017 Christmas cookie orders and ended up ordering a pie for yesterday afternoon. Sent her home with some of the gingersnaps. Becca texted me yesterday and she starts training for her full time job as a CP this week. It's a position that will use her degree and pays much better.

This morning we went to church & SS. When I got home I decided I might as well go right back out to DG. They had the Skippy PB on sale and my coupons expired after today. Of course I got more than that. Stopped at Friedman's for butter and ended up with more than planned there too. Got fresh hamburger and chicken, and I think I'm going to make chili & chicken rice soup. We didn't decide yesterday if we are going to play cards tonight or not. I REALLY don't want to go back out in the cold to go or come home, but once I'm there, I'll be fine. If we play, it'll be at my Mom's so she doesn't have to go out. Still in the mood to bake, so I might mix up more dough...we'll see. Crazy....I know. Nothing fancy, just you basic cookies.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                  X