Its the weekend, hope you get to sleep in ....Sat. Jan. 7, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the weekend, hope you get to sleep in ....Sat. Jan. 7, 2017

Hubby said it was the weekend he was going to sleep in all because he set his alarm yesterday for the first time since he retired, LOL....it was trash day...so he said today he was sleeping in. Fine by me, I am an early riser and enjoy my "quiet" time...

Maxie, loved your post about you kids, grandkids, talking with Sierra, etc. you have such a full life and I so enjoy reading about it.

My day yesterday was boring but did make it to the store, hubby went with me, he let me off at the front door which was nice and also took groceries to the car and picked me up at the front door...I don't do cold air very well without a mask on...and I already feel as though I am getting a nasty cold, sore throat, chest feeling full, etc.

Think I will use my breakfast burrito thingy to make myself a breakfast burrito, it has gotten a lot of use over the holiday and since then...we love it. We also have the breakfast sandwich maker...

Bought pork chops yesterday as hubby mentioned we had not had them in a long while, so that is supper for tonight, have leftover scalloped potatoes to go with it, and I always love peas with my pork chops...so that will be supper.

Very cold out there this morning, 2 degrees and dropping guess we will stay inside for sure...

Does anyone use a firestick for tv? I keep hearing a lot about them and using youtube to learn how to 'hack' them per say...going to check into it..our cable bill has gotten outrageous...

Well onto reading the news and getting my day started...Have a great day and weekend, enjoy.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine...

It is cold here.!!...It is 17' and 5" of snow..They say to say home..The roads are slick..

I saw this pic..And start to laugh..."CAT"...

And be safe everyone...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      lol! Just till the driver revs the motor up, kitty!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula A..That is right..lol..Kitty..lol..

Good Morning.

So far, I win the weather contest. 19 and no snow. But it is VERY cold for us. Thank goodness we don't have anything falling from the sky.

Sharon, we don't have cable. We have to do Dish TV and then pay Verizon to connect to wifi. If I told you what all that cost, you would fall over. I wish there were a better way out here.

Ready to put some bacon in the oven for John. Wish I liked it, but I don't.

Nothing is happening around here except keeping the fire the going and the food train alive.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have DISH, too, and same thing with our bill...I hardly go to movies and use the tv for the entertainment and that is my justification.

good very cold morning .

think this is the lowest so far,, 5 above.. but it can get worse.. ( before it gets better)... Furnace ,, just keep running ... Electricity ,,,please stay on... .and with those two , I can manage.
    stay in,stay warm. read. puzzle. snooze. eat once in a while. David will be wanting Bacon, pancakes?. ( I have stew frozen too)..

finally figure out how to get books to read on the new Fire. don't think Im doing it rightway but if it works.. don't change it. right?>

do a tad bit of housework. then start the big puzzle...

still cleaning out files. and old paper work.. I will round up the few pieces I need to file state taxes ..and set aside ..for later completion.

Sharon, quiet time will be rarer and more precious now. ......newly retired husbands like to talk .. not used to quiet!.

SAssygirl.. cute cute cute picture..

Hi Elaine, that 19 is cold for you!,,, will soon be a heat wave for us ..

~~~~~ at you all.. be back later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye,Too cute for words..lol.

So much for feeling better Work yesterday was ok...by the time I got home I was well on my way to wiped out....I took a bit of a nap...got up and put my clothes in the dryer for going out to dinner last night for my oldest nieces birthday...we ended up going to mall too...and it was just to much for me....I did get a pair of cute boots I had been wanting....I was up most of the night coughing...if I wasn't coughing then i was awake from my youngest niece coughing in the room next door. I have found my cough meds will take them and crawl back under the covers..I have decided against attending the memorial services for my step grandmother...its 1.5 hours in the car each way...and there will a lot of older people there....she would understand and the others will appriciate me not coming...with my horrid cough..I don't have to go any place until Monday...I am really really hoping to be better by my birthday on Tuesday.

Comment

Dang, I lost my post. That really frustrates me when that happens.

It is 33 degrees here and raining. We did not get the ice and snow that had been predicted. That's a good thing. I still intend to stay indoors all day. Sassygirl, we both know that that cat owns that vehicle - even if his name isn't on it. LOL

Elaine, you are the only person I've ever heard say that they don't like bacon. I love it in my body shape shows it. *sigh*

I think I'm going to try to do a couple loads of laundry today and I know I will run the dishwasher in a little while. I should take down my Christmas decorations, but I really like seeing them. And I was told that I could leave them up until 2 February. I don't know the significance of that, but the person who said that knows what he's talking about. I thought I had to the baptism of the Lord next Sunday. But my pastor gave me a reprieve. LMBO

I need to get another cup of coffee. I think I will use my Santa mug because it is twice as big as any of the other mug that I have and it's still fits under the Keurig. I love my Keurig because I have the ability to choose so many different kinds of coffee, tea or soup. The biggest drawback is the cost of the K-Cups. The cost is going out of sight

I am glad that you are able to stay indoors this weekend, Beth. You need to take care of yourself and get rid of that cough before it goes into something more than just a cough.

I bought black ceramic burner bowls for my electric stove. They are harder to put and then I realized, but I got one in. My problem is that I didn't realize there were only two to a package and I have 4 burners. I don't know when I will get back to Wally World to get another set. When I get them I'm going to call a friend and have them come over and help me put them on. I hope the one I put in will work. I know the coils heat up so that's a good sign.

Gotta go and make some coffee and get my butt in gear. Have a great day everyone. Stay warm and healthy and safe.
      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• Punkin
        Punkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I did get to go to Walmart yesterday. I got my hair done and shop for food and other things. I said the Board of Health a trip. LOL

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Russian Christmas I think?

Good, very rainy morning, all. Looks like we are getting it every day for at least a week. We may make up for that awful drought year before last. Heard that we are below average snow pack in mountains but this could very well fix that. Doppler shows it snowing there.

Well after spending all day Sat. and Sun. in bed and 1/2 of Mon. and a nap every day I feel better. I never stay in bed but this time I did it and it worked.

Not going anywhere until Tue except try to sneak in a trip down to the laundry room. Just need to order some more pants so I don't have to do laundry so often. I have had to get rid of everything that has a waist band and puts the least pressure on my spine.

Sassy, love the kitty pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Don't like bacon? I have heard of this condition but thought it was a rumor.
      Used to have a customer that wanted a "Missouri" pancake. 2 strips of bacon on the grill, top with pancake batter. When it was done plop an egg on top. He also wanted that egg barely cooked. "As soon as you can pick it up".

That's all from Sunny CA. Hope you all warm up soon.

Comment

• BarbCA108
        BarbCA108 commented
        Editing a comment
        Punkin, I never have used the k-cups but got a couple of the refillable ones Only problem is that I'm drinking 3 times as much coffee as before.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        BarbCA108,I did too.."OK"..

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That breakfast sounds delicious! Your rumor made me lol!

I will take it, Cookielady. 😁
      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good Morning! I think the sun is trying to come out. It is bitter cold out there.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but enough. I spent a good part of my day catching up with friends on the phone. Found out one of my friends is getting the bionic pancreas. I want one. Did some baking...2 carrot cakes, choc chip cookies, and Amish sugar cookies. I mixed up gingersnaps and wafer cookies too, but they had to chill overnight.

I definitely slept in this morning. Didn't roll out until 8:30am, which is super late for me. I have to get the one carrot cake iced for a customer's order then I'll start working on the cookie dough.

Sharon....we are on our 2nd FireStick and love it. We got one of them for my Mom along with a Kindle last Christmas and she said that was one of her best Christmas'. We are all addicted to Netflix. I also have Dish and very pleased with them. We've had Dish for almost 15 years now.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
          The sun has gotten to the topic of the mountain, so it's daylight now. 44° out now, going to 69° ..... Warmer tomorrow!
          Val, try using the refillable K-Cups with your favorite coffee.
          No plans today. Just want to be warm.
          Will just wish you all a great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning... happy weekend!

It's 4° with no new snow this morning... it was -1 when I got up 2 hours ago (Elaine, I think I have first place in the weather contest again...). It's overcast... don't know if that's a good thing or not I have no plans to go anywhere. It IS supposed to warm up today, though... maybe just above freezing.

Punkin, if you belong to Costco, their Kirkland brand coffee is considerably cheaper per cup than if you buy your K-cups at a regular grocery store. When I had my Keurig, I got them there. Since my Keurig broke, I use a regular coffee pot and find that I drink every bit as much coffee as I did with the Keurig, but it's cheaper for each cup I do have the refillable cups that you use regular coffee in, but IMO, they were too much work (laziness on my part).

Maye, I WISH my retired husband would be more talkative. Of course, he wasn't so much when he was working, either. Usually I'll get a grunt or an ok to a question i ask, but to get full sentences really takes some work.

I LOVE being 'retired' because I have no need to go out in this awful cold weather. I have a baby afghan to finish by next weekend, so I think I'll turn on recorded television shows and sit my hiney down in the easy chair and crochet today. If it warms up to something tolerable, I may wander down to the post office since I haven't been there in 3 days...

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Comment

Slept in this morning. To darn cold to get up plus the power was out for a while this morning so I curled up and stayed in bed. I think the worst of the sickness has passed. Both boys slept most of yesterday afternoon and Andrew had to be woke to go home. My cold has not gotten to the point of getting me down but just more of an aggravation and I will be happy to keep that way after seeing how sick the boys were. Elaine we have Direct tv and Hughes Net internet so I know what you are paying a month. It is ridiculous how they get away with those fees but what you gonna do? Plus any disturbance will take them both out. Have no plans for the day. May not even get dressed today. Tomorrow is the family shopping day which came together by accident with everyone wanting to go to the mall at the same time. Will see if that comes about. Suppose to warm to the 40s and 50s next week which will a heat wave. Need to have my coffee before I can think of something positive to say about today. Those positive thoughts just don't come natural to me!! Gotta work at em......

Comment

Just checking in before I go for an appointment...then we are going to Corning, about 20 miles south, to pick up a dog to foster for the week. The shelter there is in the flood zone and actually floods in big storms. They put out a plea for help with their dogs.
                big storm up here, too, like Barb said. And with all that we have had, just like she said, the snow pack is still not up high enough...So no complaining about the weather from me. My patio is a running river this morning and sandbags might have helped.
                It will be a cleaning and baking day here. And the inevitable grocery shopping. I bought enough before I left on the 26th for this past week, but I am totally out of things to feed the kids. One more day of school kids (the district scheduled the day before break as an inservice day And the last day of break! Makes for a good vacation for the kids but I bet the staff is a bit miffed!
                Anyway, it will be a rainy, no fussing with my hair and stay inside day for me.
                Hope you all are well and stay that way!

Comment

Jo, it would take too long to use a pound of coffee because I want the variety of flavors and would have to have lots of different coffees. (I guess I am just too lazy - or too set in my ways!)

​Paula, I am not a member of Cosco and Sam's club sells K-cups in single flavor 80 count boxes. Publix has some really good sales, but I cant always get there. I guess I will just do what I can do. I have a LOT of k-cups right now and don't really have to worry for a while. Walmart is really expensive when it comes to almost all of their coffees.

​I am so proud of myself. I cooked an eye round roast for lunch nd it was great. I have enough for sandwiches, etc. I will probably be sick of it by Monday!

​The lady I partner with for our Saturday, 4pm Holy Hour called to tell me she was sick and could bot go. She had called and gotten someone to go for us (I cant drive) and I had to admit to her that I had forgotten about the Holy Hour and was glad that I could stay warm and cozy inside all day Now, I feel bad about feeling so good. LOL.
                  Last edited by Punkin; 01-07-2017, 01:31 PM. Reason: Had more to say.

Comment

Val, I know many people who keep coffee in their freezer to preserve its freshness.

Also, try pricing the K-cups at AMAZON. If it's cheaper, you can figure out a standing order and it's delivered right to your door or mailbox.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X