Friday 1/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 1/6

Good morning...first morning since Monday morning that I haven't woke up feeling like crap! A blessing! Today is going to be a LONG and busy day...actually this entire weekend will be long and busy...Today is oldest nieces birthday hard to believe she turns 15 today...where has time gone..

We will go out to dinner tonight as a family all 7 of us..Then I will be returning to Illinois with my parents to attend the services for my step grandma that passed away in November...Then I will see my best Friend at church on Sunday...or possibly for dinner tomarrow evening...and return home early Sunday afternoon.

First I must get ready for work....

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...It snowing to day..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning. 😊

Hi Beth! Glad you are feeling better.

Sassy, great markings on the cat and clever meme. Made me laugh.

32 right now and staying at this temp all day. Won't be leaving home for sure. Guess I will put some ribs in the oven for lunch. What goes good with that? Cake. Sounds right.

Hope,you are not snowbound today. Hugs 🤗

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        We are weather twins today! So cold out!

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ladybug,I saw that too..I thought so too..Me too..And it made my day too..lol.

Good morning everyone. It is cloudy and 44 degrees right now. The high today will be 52 degrees. They are still forecasting sleet and freezing rain and snow but tomorrow morning. I am caught between a rock and a hard place because I must go shopping, but I don't know whether I'm going to be able to drive. Oh well comma I will play it by ear.

I have a friend coming in this afternoon to check my wireless connection to my printer and see if he can get it working again. I also have the fireplace inspectors coming in. That's an annual thing and even though I never use the fireplace they still have to come in and inspect it.

I am so glad you are feeling better Beth. Stay well and stop falling out of bed. LOL

Love that cat Sassygirl!

Gotta run. If I am going to go to Walmart, I need to leave pretty soon. Hopefully I can beat the nasty weather and get everything done, to include hopefully getting my hair done. Have a great day everybody. Be safe and stay warm!
      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pupkin,Thank-you..Too cute for words..

I forgot to mention it in my check ...at work yesterday I got called to office...and was given 25 cent raise

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, that says a lot! Good job!

• Punkin
        Punkin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great news! I am doing n in-chair happy dance for you.

Good Morning one and all....another cold morning here also, 4 degrees....today was trash day so hubby had his alarm set so he could get it out this morning...pretty much had it all together last night, cleaned out the fridge of some out of date 'stuff', wish they sold salad dressing in smaller bottles or maybe we should eat more salads...NAH!!

Next week I will clean out the food pantry....hubby is going to build me a cabinet out in my garage, I want a covered one with doors but right now it is just to cold out there, I told him he needed to buy a heater to use out there when it is cold, it has a ceiling and is insulated so wouldn't take much...I say install an electric heater on the wall...or something..once I get my cabinet have a few more projects to take on to be a bit more organized.

Beth glad you are on the mend, and a raise, good for you.
      Sassy, that cat looks almost human.
      punkin maybe you can get out and back before the nasty weather hits.
      I have no clear plans yet this morning, but right now my peace and quiet is being interrupted by someone in his lazyboy recliner snoring like a chain saw....I miss my quiet mornings, LOL.... Looks like some sun is trying to peek out would love to see some sun....even though it is cold outside I need to go to the store today, need a few staples, milk being one of them...also a bag of potatoes and one other thing which I should of written down because now I don't remember what it was...

Well my dear ones I am off to read the news, finish my coffee and get my day started....Hugs and good wishes to all of you, think positive, negativity gets you nowhere...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler,I did a double at this pic..And made sure..

Good morning.

So far, I've got the coldest weather of all... LOL. It's -6° right now. We got several inches of snow yesterday, but Ralph said it was too hard to tell exactly how much because it was blowing and drifting. Some spots he shoveled had 2", some had 8".... it must have been too cold to snow overnight because we didn't get anything new after about 7pm.

Obviously, I have no plans to go outside today! I am crocheting some baby gifts for Dominique's best friend who had her baby around Christmas. The baby wasn't due until January 3... I'm crocheting an edging on a receiving blanket and burp cloth and making an afghan in the same colors to match. If I have time before we go to Las Vegas next weekend, I'm going to try to make accessories: hat, scratch mittens, booties....

Jamie has Friday's off work (works 4-10s, so my guess is I won't see either Ralph or him all day. They'll be down in the "man cave" smoking and watching television. Ralph is building some shelves and roughing in a small bar. Gives him something to do, but I wish he'd give some attention to other things around the house. Most of the rooms need to be painted still... and there are other minor cosmetic things to deal with. Oh well... guess since the house is ours, we can take our time.

Hope you all have a pleasant start to your weekend... stay warm and dry.

Comment

Good morning.
        Haven't been doing much but reading the last couple of days. Did do one big load of laundry. Yesterday I did make some French Toast for brunch, then spaghetti & Italian veggies for supper. Just had the last piece of French Toast with mixed fruit jelly for breakfast with my mocha.
        It's still too dark outside to see if we'd had rain overnight.

Beth - glad you're feeling better today.
        Sassy, what an oddly marked cat!
        Hi Elaine, Val, and all who follow.

Have a great day!

Looks like a few of us were typing together. 😄
        Congratulations on the pay raise, Beth.
        Last edited by JoGee; 01-06-2017, 08:59 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee,Tell me about..But he is so cute...

Good SUNNY Morning! It's cold as ice out there though. Yesterday was dreary but at least it was snowing & made it look brighter out there.

Yesterday was good. Went to Bible study for the first time in a couple of months. Came home, at lunch, and then took a nap. Then got my butt busy and did a little of this & a little of that. Pitched some things. One of my long over due projects was pulling out all the sheets & towels of the linen closet. Took a folding table in the bathroom and sorted, folded, and reorganized. Didn't realize I had that many washclothes and hand towels. Very short on bath towels though. When we moved in, I just was emptying boxes & shoving them in, but now there is organization. Feels good. Worked on Blaise's room too. He had to finish it when he got home. Worked on Becca's room too. She HATES when I do that, but she doesn't do it herself. She still has crap from 8th grade in drawers. Even cooked dinner. Won't tonight.

Yesterday when at Bible study the lady beside me, we got talking about cookies. I told her I was going to learn how to make ladylocks and she offered me her rods since she doesn't plan to make them anymore. So last night while watching TV I wrapped the 100 wooden clothes pins I bought to make the cookies with. I'm ready to FINALLY learn how to make them. For over 25 years I've been asked if I made them and I'll finally be able to say yes.

This morning I plan to bake 2 carrot cakes. One for the freezer and one for an order for tomorrow. Then I plan to roll out pie dough that I made up the other day. I like to have the crusts ready for when the restaurant calls for a pie. They'll go in the freezer once they are done. Not sure what corner I'll clean out today. May actually sit down and do some paperwork. I transferred all of 2016's receipts & bills into another box and I'll need to sort & separate those soon for taxes. I HATE that job.

Have a good one all! BTW...congrats on the raise Bethina!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          paperwork: yeah, the neverending work for those that work out of the house. I am glad you mentioned it because I forgot to call yesterday for my tax appointment. Hopefully, the way I started doing the checkbook this past year will make it easier to find all the deductibles that aren't automatically paid out. I am not starting a new book until the personal bookwork is done!

We had about 2 inches of snow yesterday and it was cold. Suppose to be very cold the next couple of days. Today I will do nothing for myself! Both the boys are sick and one stayed home from work and the other from school. Lucky me gets to play nurse. Jon has this horrible chest and head cold thing and I mean it is horrible! Andrew was perfectly fine last evening so have no idea what disease he will be spreading today. Hope it does not require the bathroom...I hate bathroom sickness! On the positive side...I do not have cook supper for a bunch of sick guys! I will be carrying germx in my pockets!! Guess I had better shower and be ready to run the infirmary. Not looking forward to this day....

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          We have had an infirmary here too Maxie...I have a been down with a cold and then fell...My youngest niece has a cold...so does my oldest niece

It is cold here and flood warnings for the valley this weekend as another big storm system is due in. The wind makes it feel colder. We did have sun yesterday so it looked nic eout. I let some kids play outside in the afternoon but not the 2 year old who had just come back from being sick.
        Not sure who all will be here today. The baby stayed home yesterday with an ear infection but his sister came. I got some quilt squares cut out while the kids were doing play dough and puzzles. Of course, I can't find my rotary cutter, but I have new scissors and I just wanted to get started on cutting. I have had the flannel nightgowns for the quilt for 6 months, but I just couldn't make myself cut into them...fear of whatever. But I really want to get it made for my friend. The nightgowns were her moms who died of cancer last year. I will either find my rotary cutter today or buy another tomorrow (and I will have two, because you know I will ifnd the original as soon as I buy another) and get this done. I saw a YOuTube video of a simple quilt and decided to do it.
        All the dog water and little puddles outside are frozen. I had to break up the bird water I put out. I saw some birds trying to get water in the pool and realized they needed some good water...I haven't been watering the yard and that is when we would see tons of little birds out in the sprinklers...
        Clearing my kitchen counters and trying to declutter...as neverending as the tax and paperwork!
        Have a good day, Rounders! Stay safe and warm.
        Judy, your crochet items will be such a great gift! Hope you post some pictures on Facebook.

Comment

Hi again....
          I just wanted to mention that last evening on Netflix we discovered a program on the Navaho culture. The Skinwalkers. It turns out that some of Tony Hillerman's books were made into movies. I love his books,

If you aren't familiar with Hillerman, let me tell you something about him, which I find very impressive. His parents were teachers or missionary type of people, and they lived on a Navaho Reservation here in the SW. Tony was raised among these Native Americans and has been accepted by them in every way. Apparently he had "proven" himself along with the other boys his age there. (While he brings their culture and stories to us, he does not discuss or reveal anything that is sacred or "taboo" to "outsiders", like us.). The stories are basically murder-mysteries.

The Netflix movies are about 1-1/2 hours long, maybe a bit longer. But we loved the story. I've read most of Hillerman's books and loved every one of them. Amazingly, I recognized the very main characters in the movie. They selected actors who strongly resemble the descriptions in the books.
          Last edited by JoGee; 01-06-2017, 10:44 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good mid morning .

sun is shining even though it is only 13deg. I'm not going outside in that!.... another day to sort papers. and run the shredder... . hopefully set up a puzzle ..but have two library books to finish first.. once I start on a puzzle, I become attached to it.. ignoring all else.

JoG. will look into the Tony HIllerman books .. don't think I have ever read any of them. but I like mysteries. so. should be something I will like.

Hi Paula. and all you early birds.. Im still dragging through the morning "jobs".. good thing David is an easy person to cook for.. ..
            Sharon,, retirement has begun.. yes, the house will be noisier.. D. is a TV person . and I am not.!...after all these years ,25 of them .I still get annoyed at the TV running 18 hrs a day. Lately he has been reading . ( with the tv on in the background grrrrrrrrr)

Sassy love the cats .. hope you have as much fun finding them as I do looking at them... thanks..

Bethina, a Raise!. good for you!..

Hi Elaine. Donna. Maxie and Judy
            Val, you are here!!!. good.

be back later ..
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maye,I do too..It is...I have a hard time picking my favorites...
              You are welcome..

Well, I have fed their fevers and they are tylenol dosed. Andrew has a cough and sore throat and Jon is sounding much better than last night with the cough looser. He has worked with this all week and is very run down. One is snoring and the other working on his legos but I expect Andrew to nap soon...can see in his eyes he is sick. Very cold today with a high in the teens. Another reason to hate winter...flu.. .on top of cold, ice and snow!

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Kathy use to try to stay home from school "sick" and I told her I could always tell when she truly was by her eyes.

Maxie, I strongly believe in chicken soup (or even just the broth) when you get so sick. It has several healing attributes, which I can't think of at the moment. But it is soothing to the body.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X