Thursday 1/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 1/5

Good morning..I didn't do a whole lot yesterday...ate and slept and kept and eye on my youngest niece whose is upstairs and sick....she has a bad cold like me...I am headed back to the doctor today...I think that my cold may have turned into a sinus infection...

I thought for sure I was going to have to go to the Emergency room last night...I took a bad fall...I fell off my bed and hit my head in 2 places....also hurt my shoulder...both places on my head are very very tender..I was laying or sitting on the bed and needed my charger which was on the floor next to the bed...and my bed is pretty high up..and reached down for it and next thing I know I was falling! I don't think I have a concusion...that was my first worry but I never really had any of the symptoms..

I am going to go back to work today..I want to try to work...its only 4 hours..I am thinking positive that I will make it through.

The first day that I was sick Cori was wonderful...stayed in the bed with me the biggest part of the day...Yesterday she didn't and had me awake at 130...and 445. At 445 she was trying to knock a picture off the wall over my bed where I was laying...it was all I needed to be hit by a falling picture so I got up and delt with her before that happened.

Everyone be safe and have a good day or try...Don't do anything I would do...and you should be ok.

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..lol..Snow,Snow..

Bethina,you have steps for your bed..Did they say about that..Or your shoulder..You should be careful..My mother did that..And told everyone that she slide out of the bed..And the Nurses say you fall out of bed..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      I am just really sore this morning...my bed isn't high enough to need steps...just high enough that you will get hurt falling out of it! LOL It also doesn't help that my floors are concrete with laminate coverings...concrete doesn't forgive.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bethina,Please!! Take care of your self..And rest your body....But it was idea...LOL...That is right..And hard wood floor too..(OUCH)...

Good morning, and a chilly one.. plus the weather guys are talking snow this afternoon... yck

David has pcp Dr. appt. at 2.30 which will turn into 3:30..and by the time we pick up pills it will be 4:30.. so NO Snow please...we only live about 2 1/2 mile from Dr office. so it is snowing .we can come home.. pills can wait another day or so..

Celebrated Karens 50 birthday with just the family ..Bill can take her out and hoot it up over the weekend with their adult friends. altho.. we all looked so tired. Christmas, followed by a week of sickness.. then their dog died.. so sad... so its not been one of the better holiday seasons ...

going to set up puzzle today... pull me away from reading books , ( I am having frustrating time with new Kindle Fire.. all I wanted was some place I could read e books from the libraries.
    most of the time I can not navigate the Kindle so will take a break and build puzzle awhile.

Val called me yesterday.. having problems with internet... not sick just not connected.. .. will talk to her again today .

take care . see you all later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye hope the snow holds off while your out....and hope Val can get back to us...My daughter and family had to put there dog down right before they came from GA for the holidays, she was 13 but had anal cancer and it had gotten worse and it was time.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Baby!!! it is cold outside.BRRR..

Good Morning. We did have some sunshine yesterday....note that in the record books.

Yesterday was good. It was interesting sorting the glasses. They had already been cleaned & Rx figured out & marked. We were sorting them according to Rx and then bagging them up. Sounds simple enough & it was, but it took 5 of us for 3 hrs and still wasn't completely finished. I think we did 5-6 big boxes of them. My back was killing me. Stopped at home & had lunch, then headed into town to deliver the pie to the doctor's office then onto Aldi's for a couple of things....$50 later...how'd that happen? Just puttered the afternoon away and had planned to take Blaise to the library, but he didn't want to go, so I went by myself. Picked him up the next couple of Wimpy Kid books since he finished the first one. Tried a new recipe for dinner which needs some tweaking the next time. (I just misspelled tweaking & the first correct option was twerking...can you believe that???)

This morning I'm going back to Bible study. Haven't been there for a couple months due to baking. Not a good excuse, but that's the one I'm sticking with. Not sure what the afternoon will bring. I have pie dough that needs rolled out for 10" pies. They'll then be frozen. Need to do some paperwork, but don't know.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      cookielady put your recipe for lemon meringue pie in the kitchen with exact things you do...mine always cry and make a mess.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      that is funny! the twerking...

Good Morning and it is a frigid cold one out there and supposed to get worse, but we only got a dusting of snow...

Bethina I think there is a saying about monkeys jumping in bed, now you can have one about you reaching for a charger, LOL
    Good Morning Sassy glad to see you got your tongue back, LOL My cat is back to his old self on jumping on the sink so I turn the water on for him to drink, the other cat totally the opposite, likes me to put water in the sink..

Well yesterday was very productive, got all the house cleaning done and laundry done, so I have no clue what we will do today....very nice to have help, but then again he is a messy upper, I can see he will need training, LOL I was on his case about leaving lights on all over the house and also using my kitchen drying towel as his personal hand towel, he was not a happy man.... And he also used my good dishcloths to clean the racks on the smoker, grrrrrrrrr...I have a bag of rags for such things...yep like I said, hubby in training...

Made some white chili soup for supper, was good with some sour cream and cheddar cheese on top with some tortilla..think today will be spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic "buns" as I have buns that need to be used...so will spread butter and garlic spread on them and bake...

Not much else going on here think I will do internet searches and find out what stores, restaurants, etc. that have a seniors day, got to cut those corners now that he is retired, LOL...

We had an insurance guy here just after Christmas and he said "Mam, I really like your home, it looks and feels very homey and comfortable"....I told him that is exactly how I want people to feel...I am not a fancy person, but country casual...homey. Made me feel good he felt that way. That is what my Grandgirls told me also when they were here Christmas, that I made them want to just stay in their pj's and have fun. When they were here they both wanted to sleep with me so they sent Grandpa to the spare bedroom and they both slept with me in the king size bed along with special blankets and stuffed animals and other things...made me feel good. I love being a Grandma but they are growing up way to fast for me..

Well now that I wrote my book that no one really cares about I will bid you all ado and go read the news...Love, hugs and heart for all of you.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I love reading about your day!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler..See..I sure did..I had to get away from the cat..I had to chase him around the house..lol..
      Mine do that too..Mine to look at the kitchen sink..and watch it go down..lol..

Good Morning.

36 here this morning and expected to get colder. But no snow!

Nothing happening. Have the house cleaned and groceries stocked, so I guess we'll stick by the fire today.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

I have to hurry: one child is due here early today. Not much going on here, just the routine of getting back after a week off.
      Today is going to be leftover day for daycare lunch and sandwiches for those who don't want what the rest do want. That doesn't make much sense, unless you are used to having a lot of kids around. There is always someone who doesn't like something and so today we are going to finish up the one of this and two of that kind of leftovers...and trash the rest.
      I am going to schedule a home visit from the electric company to see where we can cut down usage. I just sent them a memo telling them I am not their average neighborhood user around here, either. They keep telling me I use more than the average household in my neighborhood, but they have never asked how many are in this household. I have 8 people using this house 5 days a week. And I have brought down our usage a lot with the new heater and insulation I got last January. What a difference!
      Ok, onward and upward!
      Have a good day...the weather here has been cold, damp and downright yucky. Ready for Spring!

Comment

Good morning. Yes I'm late....I took a sleeping aid last night, and slept right through.
        It's hard to feel rested when you waken every 2 hours! So today should be good for me.
        It's 47° outside right now, hoping to 65° or so - colder tomorrow with a chance of rain. Sunday we hit 70°! 🤗 Warmth!!!
        Wahhhh, I want a fireplace like Elaine!!!

So then, no real plans today. But there's plenty to do.

Sharon, let me know if you have any luck with training your guy? Doesn't seem like I have. My house looks like half man-cave these days. Electronics used to be confined to one room, now those bits and boxes are everywhere. I don't have the energy to change that. Yet.

Beth, maybe you need a small table or nightstand by your bed for your charger & tablet to sit on? Might be easier to reach.

Paula, stick to your guns (so to speak) against the businesses. Some are starting to get a bit pushy about even little things.... they very likely treat their workers the same way.

Maye, it has been. Difficult holiday season for you. Me too. (Surgery). It's kinda hard to get back on track, isn't it.

Hope Val gets her computer back up and running. Hi Maxi. Waiting to read about your next adventure of the day. 😉
        Cookie, always so busy! Oh, to have half that much energy again!

Well, E is up and about, brought me my cereal. Guess I'd better eat up and start my day.
        Hope you all have a great day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          I have drawer designated for my tablet and glasses at night...and I can't put my phone in it because I won't hear the alarm...Also Cori knocks stuff off...she is a bad kitty sometimes

Good morning.

Okay... I give up. This is my third attempt at making a post. I keep getting bumped out, so I'll just summarize

Got about 1" of snow last night, but as I type, it's started snowing again. Jamie said Ephraim (where he's working, 25 miles north of here) got about 6-7" overnight. It's currently 28°, but our low was 1° last night. Thankfully I don't need to go out in it because I did my grocery shopping and post office visit yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day... stay warm!!

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am that you came..It could be this weather..Do not "GIVE" up...

Busy morning on the phone...first my sister then my eldest son...I am still in my big red robe! Visit with Sierra went wonderfully. She was happy to be here and even commented how she missed the family suppers. They are pretty free and most conversation is allowed. I run a pretty free table! When you cook as poorly as I do you have to give something to come to the table for! We have discussed the meanings of dirty words and most anything is allowed for discussion. If it is age appropriate. These kids know way to much for their ages and if they ask for an explanation we give it but try not to promote anything additional. It is still snowing and the roads are covered but not enough to cover the yard debris. Going to get colder and colder to single digits. My positive thought for the day is this yucky snow will melt and the temps will again reach above freezing. Need to fix what I had planned to cook last night but ended up with something else since we had a guest...notice I call her a guest. I was able to talk with her and get some of my thoughts out plus catch her up on the family gossip. She was in a very good mood and we did not discuss mommy dearest or the guy Sierra is seeing or not seeing or whatever about this boy. Andrew had math homework that I finished since he and his sister had a communication problem. That caused him to pout for a while but he got over it. No one can pout and eat worms like my grandson. It was a confusing paper with problems using all the signs and he did not want to do it and neither did I. Calculators are a great invention which I feel should be used freely especially if you have a 10 year old that thinks the same way but the teacher disagrees...what is with this educational system...we have tools to make things easy and I firmly beleive in using them. And yet I beat them up for bad grammar which comes from using texts and computers. So I guess I have double standards, yes? I need to shower and dress and start this day before it is afternoon. Probably to late to stick my meat into a crock pot so I will just use the oven. I just hate cooking but love eating! Hockey game tonight. That is always a good way to end my day..snuggled up with a hockey game and a bowl of popcorn. After Andrew leaves of course, never eat popcorn in bed while the kid is here. See, I do have some standards!!

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          maxie you sound like me...never eat in the basement when others are around

Maxi, I do have an answer to your math dilemma. I made my kids learn how to do it the old fashioned way before they were allowed to start checking it or using the calculator. I simply wanted them to know HOW it's done to be able to understand WHY they're doing it. Once they proved they learned how to do it, the calculators were allowed.
        But I also taught them the "reverse math" to check their answers. Adding/subtracting and multiplication/division. Why?

Because sometime when a real life math problem hits you..... Say the electricity is off, you suddenly have no connection to use your device, via WiFi or whatever. You have a flashlight to see by, you can scratch out the problem on paper (I carry pens, a penlight and a note tablet in my purse, but paper is usually available anywhere). In fact, E gave me a stylus/pen/penlight combo gadget. Nice!

Now I'm not into advanced math. E is. Our daughter wanted to learn calculus and signed up for it in summer school. E taught her the whys and wherefores of it. So because she understood exactly how and why she was doing a problem,
        she showed her teacher the shortcut shed learned from her dad on a complicated problem. It flabbergasted the surprised man. But she got it 100% correct and passed with an A.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I know once in awhile I have a moment of: That's why I studied Algebra! When trying to figure out something..
          Two of our kids were the Boy, do I love Statistics kind and two were Whete's my calculator kind.
          I have a calculator in every room.
          My mother taught me Her way of subtraction ( compensation) and it wasn't until college a teacher demonstrated it and said it was the better way to teach borrowing.

I finally got my wifi back. My printer still isn't working and I think it's because my provider has somehow changed the code. They have done this about 4 times now. I have a friend coming in tomorrow to get it back online so that I can start printing from a remote location. It was just awful not having Wireless all day. I had scads of emails piling up. I couldn't get to the Roundtable - couldn't do anything I wanted to do except gripe and moan and complain. It's good to be back - at least for me. I don't know how it is for you guys. LOL

W are being threatened with ice and snow Friday and Saturday. I assume that I am going to be holed up in my apartment most of the weekend. The thought of snow and ice just really scares me. I

did go to breakfast with friends this morning. We went to Cracker Barrel and it was good. Being with friends is always good.

I need to get motivated because I need to do a load of laundry. I just don't feel like doing it. My feet and legs are all swollen and my balance is awful. This getting old really does stink.
        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
        X