Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year - 2017 - January One

Good morning, and a Happy 2017 to all!

A neighbor apparently was shooting his gun off last night. That certainly woke me. Other than that I heard no other New Years noises. But yesterday was a dreary and wet day. As today is also supposed to be. (100% chance of rain, high temp 52°.). After the gunshots, though, I mostly just tossed and turned a lot.

Have no idea what we'll do today, after reading the paper. Probably nothing much.

Hope you and yours have a really terrific day! 🍸🍾 😄
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning & Happy New Year!

Yesterday was busy. Ended up making 5 pies and prepping for today's noon meal with family. I had taken the pork roast out to thaw the night before. It was big enough for the 10 people. Well the longer the day went, the more that was coming, so fortunately I had another pork roast in the freezer. When I was talking with my SIL, I found out my nephew was bringing a friend from OH with them, which was fine. Then Kathy called & her and a "friend" were planning on coming out sometime today. Well I mentioned the meal and they supposedly are now coming. Mind you...this is ONLY a friend. My BS meter was sounding loud & clear. She thinks we are so stupid. I did mention her & Jimmy broke up earlier in the week, didn't I? Then Becca called & she doesn't have to work today, so she's coming down too. The more the merrier!!! After dinner, the men are going to watch the Steeler game. I had planned on a 1pm meal, but that's kickoff time. Silly me!!!! Yes, we are recording it, but that's not the same I've been told.

Back to the kitchen. Have a blessed day!

Comment

Happy New Year 2017, may we all have many blessings this coming year.

2016 was much better for me health wise, yes I had the ups and downs, but more ups than downs with the Crohn's and such and was able to enjoy some trips, etc. so I have my fingers crossed that 2017 will be good also as I have my trip all bought and paid for going to Hawaii in April..

I need some days together to get my house back together and just sit back and chill for a few days...life has been a bit busier than I would like...and unexpected trip to be with hubby's Father who had part of his leg and foot amputated...but during that process I got to see some quality time with my sis which was great...yesterday left the house at 10:00 a.m. and did not return until evening our Christmas at his Mom's, now that was the last of it, time to start cleaning out the fridge and the cobwebs in my brain.... so much drama in hubby's life and family....hard to believe that he is such a good man compared to his growing up life, but he paid for his own college education and had a very good life, well I helped, LOL...

So need to go to the store this morning, forgot all about pork & sauerkraut for the New Years Day dinner...so have to start the New Year off right...both cats are doing so much better which I am very happy for...

Well folks hubby just got up so time to get this day started...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          I am glad your kitties are doing better...I would be a mess if anything happened to Coriander

Good morning!! Happy new year!! Yesterday was a productive day for me...a couple loads of laundry...and I washed all the blankets and bedding for my youngest nieces bed..This morning I am going with my sister and her family to church as my Bible Study group isn't meeting so I decided going to church on New years day was a good way to start the new year We may or may not get lunch after church...They will probably go to their new house...I will sweep and dust my bed room...and wash my bed sheets...maybe go to a movie..

Yesterday I went to a dollar movie..I took both of my nieces and one of oldest nieces friends....The movie we saw was Queen of Katawa It was so good!! There is another movie I sorta want to see so I may go to it...but if I go to that one it will be alone...its a pg13 and supposed to be a little creepy.

I forgot to mention this yesterday...I had been watching at work for a pet taxi of my own for cori...instead of need to barrow one from my sister when I need one...well last week all week there was one at work..so I mentioned it to my mom and she said she and my sister didn't have time to go get it...so I said ok...if still there Friday I can get it. Well it was there when I left on Thursday...when I got to work and checked for it Friday it was gone! I was so mad....any ways...when I got up yesterday morning it was sitting upstairs waiting for me to see it when I got up...They had gone and picked it up right after I texted and left on the bus...but forgot to tell me they got it....That same day I found my youngest niece and little fish tank for beta fish! She is so excited!! She says now she can't wait to get the new house done! She got a gift card in September to get the fish but her mom made her wait to get the fish.

Comment

Happy 2017 dear friends! We have a big family dinner today also. My part is ready to go and James is working on his. I am ready for a fresh start and hope it turns out better than the last 2 years! It has been a long time since I have felt happy and I'd like the experience again!!!!

Maye, got your message....my private messenger won't let me delete anything and says its too full for me to send a new message. Like your idea, but have no knowledge of what is going on so don't know whats appropriate. Could you send another message and give me some info as to all that?

Nothing else to report. Samantha is doing well and may get out of the hospital next week. I know Justin would be glad.....not enough of him to be with her, take care of Addie and hold down a job! Have a great day everyone!
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Happy New Year all!

Had a very nice party here last night and early to bed. Hope all have a nice day!

Comment

May this be the best of years for everyone. May the good times be frequent and great and the bad times the not so bad and very infrequent. My love and prayers to you all. Happy 2017!!! ✌👌👋👏
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

And may to day be the last of this string of overcast days we've been having. This is SO UNLIKE AZ. 🙄
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X